Mason Greenwood (trigger warning: violence, sexual assault, threats to kill)

Day

His girlfriend, or should I say ex girlfriend has posted a number of images making allegations of domestic violence.

There is also a disturbing voice recording as well demanding sex.

If proven to be true, his career is over before it's even begun.

Man Utd have released a statement.

(Warning: video contains profanity)

Edited by GboroRam
Added a clear trigger warning

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Regardless of whether the allegations are true or not isn't this a private matter for the police to deal with and then the courts?

Can't understand why a person would not want to go down this route rather than guilt by social media before presumably the alleged offence(s) have even been reported?

Probably because he’s been a poo bag to her, and she doesn’t want justice, she wants revenge. Not to mention if it just went privately to court, his megabucks would see it disappear before too long. Treat women like poo and this is what happens, and he deserves every last bit of it, good on her.

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Probably because he’s been a poo bag to her, and she doesn’t want justice, she wants revenge. Not to mention if it just went privately to court, his megabucks would see it disappear before too long. Treat women like poo and this is what happens, and he deserves every last bit of it, good on her.

That's still not valid though trial by social media. Go to the police then the CPS will assess if there's a case then the courts will decide justice. 

Or are you advocating everyone then circumnavigates this route?

We'd probably be best to think carefully before commenting and/or posting further social media links on here too.

This could get messy, and could get personal.

If truth be told, I'm actually rather surprised this thread has been allowed, regardless of who the OP is.  I thought reference to hearsay and unproven tittle-tattle was frowned upon on here, or is that just for football transfer threads?

It goes without saying, I'm not condoning the alleged behaviour of the subject matter.  But they are just allegations, at this stage.  

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

We'd probably be best to think carefully before commenting and/or posting further social media links on here too.

If truth be told, I'm actually rather surprised this thread has been allowed, regardless of who the OP is.  I thought reference to hearsay and unproven tittle-tattle was frowned upon on here, or is that just for football transfer threads?

It goes without saying, I'm not condoning the alleged behaviour of the subject matter.  But they are just allegations, at this stage.  

Allegations that are in the public domain, yes it’s hearsay but for me I feel public domain = fair to have a thread on. 

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Regardless of whether the allegations are true or not isn't this a private matter for the police to deal with and then the courts?

Can't understand why a person would not want to go down this route rather than guilt by social media before presumably the alleged offence(s) have even been reported?

Dunno asking the same question for (add name of famous and/or powerful person) here. Because who do you think is more likely to believed and who will be dealt with in a 'private' manner?

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Allegations that are in the public domain, yes it’s hearsay but for me I feel public domain = fair to have a thread on. 

Oh.  I quite agree with that stance.  I'm a big fan, myself!
It's just that it doesn't usually apply to unsubstantiated rumours... and I can see why. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not deliberately trying to be arsey.  Just think we need to be careful as to what gets posted... as always!  ??

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's a little bit more than my mate down the chippy told me.

The alleged victim has posted the images online, they have not come from a third party. If you could link Instagram stories directly I would have.

The media is also covering the story.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mason-greenwood-girlfriend-instagram-posts-26087586.amp

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dunno asking the same question for (add name of famous and/or powerful person) here. Because who do you think is more likely to believed and who will be dealt with in a 'private' manner?

I dunno Roy I personally abhor all of this trial by social media, name and shame on Facebook crap.

If someone has done something wrong then absolutely they should be punished through our judicial system.

2 minutes ago, David said:

It's a little bit more than my mate down the chippy told me.

The alleged victim has posted the images online, they have not come from a third party. If you could link Instagram stories directly I would have.

The media is also covering the story.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mason-greenwood-girlfriend-instagram-posts-26087586.amp

Fully appreciate that mate.

Just a little wary, is all!

It's your gaff, and I'm sure you know what you're doing... in fact I know you do.  Probably just being a bit over-protective!  I'm getting to that age, now!  ?

Right... I'm off an a march...  Down with this sort of thing... etc... etc... ?

???

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I dunno Roy I personally abhor all of this trial by social media, name and shame on Facebook crap.

If someone has done something wrong then absolutely they should be punished through our judicial system.

Lots of people, understandably, have little trust in our judicial system dispensing justice.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No that isn't what is happening, nor what I suggested. 

Was just following your assertion to it's logical conclusion if people don't have faith in our judicial system. 

It's the best and only one we have at the moment which isn't me defending it for avoidance of doubt. 

Doesn't give folks the right to start using trial by social media though.