Mason Greenwood (trigger warning: violence, sexual assault, threats to kill)

Day

7 minutes ago, ramit said:

A hot potato nobody wants to touch.  We have several cases recently of men being accused of sexual misbehavior.  Only 2 of these cases are being investigated by police, but all the men have become instant lepers online and professionally.  Who needs courts, huh.

I understand the principle of innocent before proven guilty, but I personally wouldn't want to be mates with someone after I'd heard an audio recording like Greenwood's.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

13 minutes ago, ramit said:

A hot potato nobody wants to touch.  We have several cases recently of men being accused of sexual misbehavior.  Only 2 of these cases are being investigated by police, but all the men have become instant lepers online and professionally.  Who needs courts, huh.

Mendy, Greenwood and the yet to be named Everton player are 3 I know off.

With Greenwood the audio file is out there publicly now before it's made it to court, the one I posted was edited down.

It's pretty damning to be fair, refusing to take no for answer sex, even if found not to have raped her and the injuries were caused elsewhere.

7 hours ago, David said:

Mendy, Greenwood and the yet to be named Everton player are 3 I know off.

With Greenwood the audio file is out there publicly now before it's made it to court, the one I posted was edited down.

It's pretty damning to be fair, refusing to take no for answer sex, even if found not to have raped her and the injuries were caused elsewhere.

i know nothing about this case and only little of the other cases i mentioned.  Am just making a general comment of the state of or lack of western justice systems.  Mob rule it is then, but some yelling for it will become recipients of it and then there will be much crying and gnashing of teeth.

At this moment in time unless the alleged victim has given a written waiver stating they wish NOT to remain anonymous there should be no discussion of who that person might be. Naming or hinting at the alleged victim identity could lead to a prosecution. Other good points made in this article.

https://plainsmenpost.com/think-twice-before-tweeting-about-mason-greenwood/

Edited by cstand

9 minutes ago, cstand said:

At this moment in time unless the alleged victim has given a written waiver stating they wish NOT to remain anonymous there should be no discussion of who that person might be. Naming or hinting at the alleged victim identity could lead to a prosecution. Other good points made in this article.

https://plainsmenpost.com/think-twice-before-tweeting-about-mason-greenwood/

It was posted on the alleged victims social media, publicly. Given that the media have all named her, I would assume that they believe posting publicly counts as the waiver.

44 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I understand the principle of innocent before proven guilty, but I personally wouldn't want to be mates with someone after I'd heard an audio recording like Greenwood's.

Maybe in pairing an unfair picture, but based on how fast he’s being dropped by England, United and his colleagues, and based in his history in Iceland, and now this, I’d imagine he’s the kind of dhead that makes it easy to unfriend him at the first opportunity. 

I just don’t expect him to be the kind of person where people would say ‘I’m shocked. I wouldn't have expected it of him, he seemed such a nice lad.’

Easy to see the goodness and fairness in people. When they're nowhere near harming you or your loved ones.

Crying about kangaroo courts and twitter justice etc riles me up. 

Yes, in certain he said she said situations, people lose any chance of a fair trial. 

But have you heard this recording? Does he sound like a reasonable guy? Can you put any perspective around it where he's the sort of person you want in your life? No. So feck him. Scum

The only concern is that the publicity harms her case. 

Feck how he feels. What's fair on him. Listen to the Bamford. 

Edited by Alpha

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Wouldn't be happy to send your daughter out with him partying would you?

i wouldn't have an opinion, she's an adult.

i get what you're implying though, that generally i will talk one way and personally another, as a hypocrite would.

Icelandic saying:  Margur heldur mig sig.  (many consider me them)

Just now, ramit said:

i wouldn't have an opinion, she's an adult.

i get what you're implying though, that generally i will talk one way and personally another, as a hypocrite would.

Icelandic saying:  Margur heldur mig sig.  (many consider me them)

I wasn't meaning to have a dig at you. 

I meant it more generally in that "innocent until proven guilty" is an attitude that sounds fair but in reality is not one everyone should stand by. 

When something looks like it, smells like it and sounds like it.... I'm gonna steer clear before the verdict. I'd rather be proven wrong than right. 

There are fair points to be made about trial by social media, but Greenwood isn't a particularly sympathetic case, as the evidence we've all heard makes him look as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo.

There is another interesting story about a footballer and alleged rapist going around today. Sponsors are dropping Raith Rovers because they've signed David Goodwillie. A man who was not criminally convicted, but only found guilty in a civil action where the judge was permitted to rule on "the balance of possibilities" and did not require corroborative evidence.

Edited by Anon

25 minutes ago, Anon said:

There are fair points to be made about trial by social media, but Greenwood isn't a particularly sympathetic case, as the evidence we've all heard makes him look as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo.

There is another interesting story about a footballer and alleged rapist going around today. Sponsors are dropping Raith Rovers because they've signed David Goodwillie. A man who was not criminally convicted, but only found guilty in a civil action where the judge was permitted to rule on "the balance of possibilities" and did not require corroborative evidence.

Yeah, thats where I can understand it. Or Ched Evans where there's a lot of "hmm, that sounds dodgy"

But this...

If Greenwood didn't cause the injuries or worse... if he did nothing except say the things he said to her in the recording.. if that is literally all he did... then he's still a massive Bamford.

Who talks like that? I've said some horrible things to my Mrs in our 13 years. And she's said some back. But it's surprisingly easy to not threaten each other with sexual assault. 

Where I saw a crime with my own eyes I'd not need a court of law to decide my own opinion. Respect the process but my opinions are my opinions. All this talk about social media trial, 21st century technology and smart phones have changed the game and whatever anyone says we can't put them back in the box. In 2022 we can effectively see unfiltered evidence a jury might only ever have seen in the 1990s. Personally I've heard/seen enough on this one, I don't need to state my opinion other than to say I'd pack up supporting DCFC if the alleged came within sniffing distance of a trial at this club.

2 hours ago, David said:

It was posted on the alleged victims social media, publicly. Given that the media have all named her, I would assume that they believe posting publicly counts as the waiver.

I have read several online news outlets all of which have not named the alleged victim either by name or as Mason Greenwood’s girlfriend or ex girlfriend because she has the right of anonymity until she gives written consent.

I would assume they all don’t want to be in contempt of the law.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Easy to see the goodness and fairness in people. When they're nowhere near harming you or your loved ones.

Crying about kangaroo courts and twitter justice etc riles me up. 

Yes, in certain he said she said situations, people lose any chance of a fair trial. 

But have you heard this recording? Does he sound like a reasonable guy? Can you put any perspective around it where he's the sort of person you want in your life? No. So feck him. Scum

The only concern is that the publicity harms her case. 

Feck how he feels. What's fair on him. Listen to the Bamford. 

I agree with you.

If it was just the recording on its own I guess he could try to claim that they had a bit of a 'rape fantasy' thing going on in their relationship and it was all role-playing.

I suppose he could also point to couples who like a bit of rough play as an excuse for the injuries.

...but I wouldn't buy any of that for a second tbh.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, cstand said:

I have read several online news outlets all of which have not named the alleged victim either by name or as Mason Greenwood’s girlfriend or ex girlfriend because she has the right of anonymity until she gives written consent.

I would assume they all don’t want to be in contempt of the law.

Plenty have also as it's the source of the photos. 

Unlike other cases where the victim contacts the police and is unknown, the images were posted publicly on her Instagram, not sent privately between friends and family then leaked.

If I was to post something about myself on this forum under my full name, I couldn't then try and claim anonymity, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I agree with you.

If it was just the recording on its own I guess he could try to claim that they had a bit of a 'rape fantasy' thing going on in their relationship and it was all role-playing.

I suppose he could also point to couples who like a bit of rough play as an excuse for the injuries.

...but I wouldn't buy any of that for a second tbh.

Yeah, I said to my Mrs when we listened to it, if he hasn't got a gun to his head while being asked to read a script as part of some elaborate set up then he's scum no matter what he physically did. 

He might have to get old Boris to help him bumble his way through this mess.