Mason Greenwood (trigger warning: violence, sexual assault, threats to kill)

Day

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And I echoed that by saying stuff written is newspapers can have the same effect.

Social media reaches far more people than a newspaper therefore will have more influence on the potential jury team.

Edited by cstand

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Didn't something happen in Iceland with Foden and Greenwood? 

Yep. I think that sort of behaviour sets of warning signs straight away. 

The fact that Foden has made his way back I ton the team, but Southgate won’t touch Greenwood with a barge pole since says a lot. I don’t think it’s just to do with performance or game time, I reckon Southgate has had him pegged as a wrongun since then. And in our current squad, we can’t have characters like that. Maybe he didn’t realise how much of a wrongun.

it also says a lot that teammates have dropped him like a stone off their social media friends lists. They must have known he’s a wrongun, probably just didn’t know to what extent, and at the first opportunity it’s like ‘nope, I don’t want to be your friend, or in any way associated with you, you ducking weirdo.’

Raith Rovers have signed David Goodwille who was found guilty of rape in a civil court, however didn't face criminal court over lack of evidence.

Fair to say this has gone down like a lead balloon with fans, their author sponsor has also terminated her contract and a director has resigned.

Made me think back to @JfR's reply to my comments Greenwood's career if found guilty is over before it starts.

Hypothetical question, would they have seen a similar backlash had it been a Premier League star and not David Goodwille.

39 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The fact that Foden has made his way back I ton the team, but Southgate won’t touch Greenwood with a barge pole since says a lot. I don’t think it’s just to do with performance or game time, I reckon Southgate has had him pegged as a wrongun since then. And in our current squad, we can’t have characters like that. Maybe he didn’t realise how much of a wrongun.

it also says a lot that teammates have dropped him like a stone off their social media friends lists. They must have known he’s a wrongun, probably just didn’t know to what extent, and at the first opportunity it’s like ‘nope, I don’t want to be your friend, or in any way associated with you, you ducking weirdo.’

They've all frozen him out

49 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Just seen this, De Gea, Lindelof, Tellis, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Cavani, Ronaldo all unfollowed him on social media.

Crazy we're in a world where a follow or unfollow can say so much.

Again, innocent until proven guilty, his team mates though appear to have already decided. 

He is looking like toast as a professional footballer at this point, it will be interesting if Manchester United actually sack him.

a few months back a talented young player at the Las Vegas Raiders ( American football) decided to drive his sports car 160 miles an hour in a 30 mile hour zone to look good with his girlfriend - he hit another car killing a women and her dog - the next day his contract was cancelled and his career is over - obviously sent on remand and will disappear into the US penal system for 20 odd years at least. 

52 minutes ago, David said:

Raith Rovers have signed David Goodwille who was found guilty of rape in a civil court, however didn't face criminal court over lack of evidence.

Fair to say this has gone down like a lead balloon with fans, their author sponsor has also terminated her contract and a director has resigned.

Made me think back to @JfR's reply to my comments Greenwood's career if found guilty is over before it starts.

Hypothetical question, would they have seen a similar backlash had it been a Premier League star and not David Goodwille.

I think the main thing that separates this case from others is the publicly available images and audio recordings. If you see and listen to those, it gets across the horror of what happened far more than some words you might read on a piece of paper. 

Some footballers have come back from rape accusations/convictions, but I really do think Greenwood is finished in the English professional game.

36 minutes ago, David said:

Just seen this, De Gea, Lindelof, Tellis, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Cavani, Ronaldo all unfollowed him on social media.

Again, innocent until proven guilty, his team mates though appear to have already decided. 

The irony of one of those players unfollowing him...

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

He is looking like toast as a professional footballer at this point, it will be interesting if Manchester United actually sack him.

a few months back a talented young player at the Las Vegas Raiders ( American football) decided to drive his sports car 160 miles an hour in a 30 mile hour zone to look good with his girlfriend - he hit another car killing a women and her dog - the next day his contract was cancelled and his career is over - obviously sent on remand and will disappear into the US penal system for 20 odd years at least. 

Nah, he'll find some club outside the UK I'm afraid, probably on some ridiculous 250k a week contract at a club run by some narcissist with 1000 fans parading their new signing from Man Utd.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I didn't follow the Ronaldo case tbh but from what I did see wasn't it all more vague? Correct me if I'm wrong

Not enough evidence to prosecute, she then brought a lawsuit to him but again didn't have enough evidence. Ronaldo then paid her off £270k to keep quiet on the details. 

Guessing his argument will be the pay off isn't a sign of guilt, he just doesn't want her going around in the media, writing books and that so he can get on with his career, that kind of money will be peanuts to him.

9 hours ago, David said:

A hot potato nobody wants to touch.  We have several cases recently of men being accused of sexual misbehavior.  Only 2 of these cases are being investigated by police, but all the men have become instant lepers online and professionally.  Who needs courts, huh.

37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I didn't follow the Ronaldo case tbh but from what I did see wasn't it all more vague? Correct me if I'm wrong

24 minutes ago, David said:

Not enough evidence to prosecute, she then brought a lawsuit to him but again didn't have enough evidence. Ronaldo then paid her off £270k to keep quiet on the details. 

Guessing his argument will be the pay off isn't a sign of guilt, he just doesn't want her going around in the media, writing books and that so he can get on with his career, that kind of money will be peanuts to him.

I personally don't see a pay-off as a sign of guilt, but these leaked documents are pretty damning if true.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/cristiano-ronaldo-new-documents-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html