Mason Greenwood (trigger warning: violence, sexual assault, threats to kill)

Day

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

@David, I seriously think it's worth putting some kind of trigger warning on the original post. I know that kind of thing is seen as 'woke', but that voice recording could seriously mess with people if they've had similar experiences to the woman. Just a thought.

I’ve got admit that was hard to listen to. I’ve never really understood what marital rape is. I honestly couldn’t imagine how two people in a relationship could end up in a violent rape situation like that. Listening to that, now I get it. That’s a real eye opener, and horrible. How can you do that to someone you’re in a relationship with? If nothing else it’s educational, but it is upsetting. I pray my daughters never find themselves in that situation. 

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve got admit that was hard to listen to. I’ve never really understood what marital rape is. I honestly couldn’t imagine how two people in a relationship could end up in a violent rape situation like that. Listening to that, now I get it. That’s a real eye opener, and horrible. How can you do that to someone you’re in a relationship with? If nothing else it’s educational, but it is upsetting. I pray my daughters never find themselves in that situation. 

It honestly made me feel sick when I listened to it on the train to the game yesterday.

48 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

@David, I seriously think it's worth putting some kind of trigger warning on the original post. I know that kind of thing is seen as 'woke', but that voice recording could seriously mess with people if they've had similar experiences to the woman. Just a thought.

I did say "There is also a disturbing voice recording as well demanding sex."

Her father has released a statement now.

People will have their own takes on this, when I hear my phone was hacked, I find it hard to believe, always sounds like a I regret what I did.

7 minutes ago, David said:

I did say "There is also a disturbing voice recording as well demanding sex."

Her father has released a statement now.

People will have their own takes on this, when I hear my phone was hacked, I find it hard to believe, always sounds like a I regret what I did.

I was just about to post this. It seems very odd to me. Why comment at all? I suppose the journos could be quoting out of context, but it isn't exactly the response I'd expect from a father in this situation.

Edited by Anon

I think the Mail have now removed the statement suggesting it might not have even been her dad they talked to.

Obviously a very traumatic event for everybody involved, so probably not in any right mind to be interviewed, but a very strange statement if it was her father.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

That is such a weird statement from the father - there's almost an element of defending him there.

Most fathers would be out for blood if they were in his shoes.

Not every daughter is a 'Daddy's girl'. An odd last two sentences taken together.

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think you're absolutely right and i dont know what the thought process that led the young woman to post it was.

You're safe in your cubicle tho.....and I'm too old.....

Shocking recording I have to say.  Was she secretly recording him?   If he did what he is apparently being accused off he deserves the book being thrown at him.  But not sure I agree with trial by social media - doesn't sit right with me.  Let the law handle it through reviewing all available facts.   

6 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Shocking recording I have to say.  Was she secretly recording him?   If he did what he is apparently being accused off he deserves the book being thrown at him.  But not sure I agree with trial by social media - doesn't sit right with me.  Let the law handle it through reviewing all available facts.   

Sometimes it's difficult to get it that far.

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sometimes it's difficult to get it that far.

Trial by social media may actually prevent the case going to court or even have possible evidence not being admissible in court because the judge might decide the jury have already made their minds up before the trial starts.

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

Trial by social media may actually prevent the case going to court or even have possible evidence not being admissible in court because the judge might decide the jury have already made their minds up before the trial starts.

Or by newspaper. 

2 hours ago, cstand said:

Already made my point loud and clear.

@RoyMac5perhaps we should just skip the legal process have a vote on Twitter instead

Edited by cstand