Name and shame

IslandExile

All the official statements say how complex the issues are and that everyone is working really hard to resolve them.

Enough of that.

Whoever is to blame for the impasse, whether it's individuals or a combination, I hope that from the meeting with the MPs and/or the latter ones with the supporters groups, someone comes out and states publicly what the blocking issues are and why they're not yet resolved.

Someone or something has to give or - as Margaret Beckett put it so eloquently the other day - those involved will not be forgiven or forgotten.

The supporters have done all they can to get the story out, I think there is now general support across the country. Ignore the vocal few; the majority are concerned about the future of the game. Now is the time to thrash a deal out. Not hide behind the same blah, blah, blah.

Name and shame the folks preventing our club from being saved.

#SaveDerbyCounty

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

All the official statements say how complex the issues are and that everyone is working really hard to resolve them.

Enough of that.

Whoever is to blame for the impasse, whether it's individuals or a combination, I hope that from the meeting with the MPs and/or the latter ones with the supporters groups, someone comes out and states publicly what the blocking issues are and why they're not yet resolved.

Someone or something has to give or - as Margaret Beckett put it so eloquently the other day - those involved will not be forgiven or forgotten.

The supporters have done all they can to get the story out, I think there is now general support across the country. Ignore the vocal few; the majority are concerned about the future of the game. Now is the time to thrash a deal out. Not hide behind the same blah, blah, blah.

Name and shame the folks preventing our club from being saved.

#SaveDerbyCounty

After the meetings last week the MPs made clear that the main obstacle was the Boro and Wycombe claims. Then out comes the EFL spin machine and Parry goes  on Sky Sports sponsored by EFL, and says the Boro and Wycombe claims are not the only issue and may not even be the main obstacle,

I am in doubt that the only reason we have not been able to name a preferred bidder is because of the Boro and Wycombe claims. So I am certainly prepared to name and shame Gibson and Couhig for continuing with their parasitic claims and to name and shame  the EFLfor promoting the claims and refusing to acknowledge that they are not football creditors.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

After the meetings last week the MPs made clear that the main obstacle was the Boro and Wycombe claims. Then out comes the EFL spin machine and Parry goes  on Sky Sports sponsored by EFL, and says the Boro and Wycombe claims are not the only issue and may not even be the main obstacle,

I am in doubt that the only reason we have not been able to name a preferred bidder is because of the Boro and Wycombe claims. So I am certainly prepared to name and shame Gibson and Couhig for continuing with their parasitic claims and to name and shame  the EFLfor promoting the claims and refusing to acknowledge that they are not football creditors.

It’s not just that .

The HMRC debt is also an obstacle and the Administrators are trying to use the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 allegedly to pay 25 percent .

The EFL rule book has not been updated to cover this .

EFL to blame 

From the Athletic 

“Quantuma’s confidence that Derby will exit administration intact derives from noting a provision in the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 that appears to enable them to write off a significant chunk of their debts, including £29 million to HMRC. Quantuma’s plan to offer the taxman the same 25 per cent of what is owed to the unsecured creditors makes Derby a much more attractive option for buyers and explains why the Binnie family has bid only £28 million. However, the law has changed since the last football administration, and the EFL is yet to update its rule book, so the method is not yet approved. The latest update is that the EFL has offered to send the matter to arbitration.”

Edited by Curtains
Added

We all have our opinions on who is to blame for getting us into this mess and for stopping us getting out of it.

What I was trying to say is that I hope today, someone who is actively involved in the meetings taking place, comes out and publicly declares what the issues are, actually says it "on the record", not leaks it to their favourite journo, or post cryptic messages on social media, but actually comes out and says "this is why we are at an impasse and until X, Y or Z back down, this club will stay in limbo".

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We all have our opinions on who is to blame for getting us into this mess and for stopping us getting out of it.

What I was trying to say is that I hope today, someone who is actively involved in the meetings taking place, comes out and publicly declares what the issues are, actually says it "on the record", not leaks it to their favourite journo, or post cryptic messages on social media, but actually comes out and says "this is why we are at an impasse and until X, Y or Z back down, this club will stay in limbo".

Good post. 

From what I can gather the main stumbling block is the HMRC debt at the moment and the EFL rules .

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I get the frustration, but that will never happen whilst negotiations are ongoing. It's annoying as hell, but nobody in the admin team or the prospective bidders is going to reveal their back stop position until they absolutely have to. I'm of the opinion that there's several different issues holding things up, but I have no evidence to support that. 

52 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes, I agree and of the two it's difficult to say who takes most blame. I think just the EFL for not stomping on Boro & Wycombe claims.

Mel has a price he wants for the stadium and he won't budge on it, its that simple.

The fact 2 bidders have tabled bids and one made it public they are willing to tackle Boro and Wycombe separately proves that they weren't the only issue, or even the biggest issue. As much as I don't like Gibson, his statement made for interesting reading.

Kirchner told us pre-Christmas Mel (and his administrators) were the problem.

And between Nixon and Percy, it's now apparent that Ashley offered less for the stadium and less to the administrators and the "administrators weren't keen".

It's Mel (and his administrators).

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod