EFL statement

RoyMac5

Usual spin from the EFL….but they are hardly going to admit the vendetta are they…?…didn’t their previous statement say claims against other clubs were against their statutes, but they still allow Boro and Wycombe to pursue DCFC to delay any exit from Admin till we are done for, with differing motives EFL our certain relegation, Wycombe chancing to earn a few million £, as for Gibbo maybe our liquidation………I just hope people don’t fall for this latest EFL spin….

12 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Who is arguing our case ? We need a heavy hitter with passion and drive to counter all this bull from the efl and the two clubs extorting us

I do wonder if he contact local solicitors and lawyers if they would help us? It would give them good PR trying to save their local club too.

It comes back to Middlesbrough every time. Remove them and we have a PB and their deposit pays for the rest of the season. Wycombe cannot matter as they have not followed EFL procedure and lodged their claim with the EFL so should not be mentioned. Boro have been in arbitration for 12 months so what is the EFLs excuse that an arbitration panel which I hope has been set up has not come up with a decision in 12 months. Last feeling is the EFL are frightened that I'd Boro think they are helping us then Boro will try to due the EFL

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

This says it all...

Screenshot_20220117-223638_Twitter.jpg

Wow. Seriously. Wow.

It's the same sort of line as the one that cropped up in our previous dealings, I can't remember the words but it stated basically that they can change their mind and reverse any previous decision as they see fit.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

No specific mention of the Admin plan they turned down.

There's no funding in place because we didn't need it as Admin were going to name a PB. The PB could be named because the new insolvency laws allowed creditors to be ring-fenced and dealt with separately. But this was turned down by the EFL.

And round we go. The EFL are acting against statute in turning down the Admins plan but have put us up against the wall with funding demands and little time.

1 minute ago, I know nuffin said:

It comes back to Middlesbrough every time. Remove them and we have a PB and their deposit pays for the rest of the season. Wycombe cannot matter as they have not followed EFL procedure and lodged their claim with the EFL so should not be mentioned. Boro have been in arbitration for 12 months so what is the EFLs excuse that an arbitration panel which I hope has been set up has not come up with a decision in 12 months. Last feeling is the EFL are frightened that I'd Boro think they are helping us then Boro will try to due the EFL

As an afterthought strange that a respected MP Margaret Beckett who has been deputy prime minister today stated that the EFL are telling her different things today from what they told her at the start of administration. Reading their spun comments the EFL are rattled

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Wow. Seriously. Wow.

It's the same sort of line as the one that cropped up in our previous dealings, I can't remember the words but it stated basically that they can change their mind and reverse any previous decision as they see fit.

Crouch, Huddlestone, other MPs, please take note, all the ammunition you’ve ever needed for installing independent regulation, it’s all here, please use it wisely….

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

I do wonder if he contact local solicitors and lawyers if they would help us? It would give them good PR trying to save their local club too.

Agree….even if it’s to discuss other/all options e.g claims against Villa and QPR. Even if its success is unlikely it will let the EFL know the can of worms they are opening…..assume BAWT are all over this…..anyone from there reading this..?….do you need any assistance pursuing this with local solicitors..?

Give them enough rope they’ll hang themselves. When you pull this statement apart it’s apparent how corrupt the whole thing is. 
We really are in trouble. We really need that knight in shining armour now. 
As fans we have made enough noise today by phoning, emailing and tweeting to get results and statements from them. We need to keep up this pressure by all peaceful means necessary. 

Never have I felt quite this way about our club. 
COYR.

If they’re so worried about representing all clubs in the league, not just helping one out (us), then their response is simple, and would sort all this out:

”in the interest of all clubs in the league, to save opening a can of worms and taking all clubs down a dark path, we’ve amended our rules to state: ‘no club can bring legal proceedings against any other member club regarding league position based on any rule breaches, punishments are handled by the league, and the league alone, as per our existing guidelines.’” 

and if Wycombe and boro don’t like that this is being put in place retrospectively, then duck em. 

All someone needs to do is write a list, and it would be a long list, of the potential court cases that could be brought up if this isn’t written into EFL rules. Not just us vs QPR and Villa, but there are loads of others. 

send the list to the EFL, but also to any affected clubs’ owners saying ‘look, if boro bring this case against Derby, you could also bring a case against x, y and z. On the other hand, a, b and c could bring a case against you. So which way do you want this to go?

the only way to solve this is for the EFL to state categorically that boro and Wycombe can’t bring these cases to court, that then gives new owners the confidence to know it’s a none issue, and that’s supported by the league, and the majority of its member clubs.

what are the chances of that happening though? And the EFL don’t have a vendetta against us, pull the other one, they’re on course to let the league tear itself apart just to spite us.  

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I don’t want to be part of the efl in the future. Whole thing stinks

prob overreaction 

if win our case they will forever hold it against us 

if we lose then we’re dead

I am also very worried about this.

If by some miracle we survive, they're going to come down on us like a ton of bricks for literally anything.