Sheffield United (H) Matchday Thread Saturday 15th January 3pm

Anag Ram

7 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

???

This may take seasons for this to improve….or it may NEVER get any better!! It’s probably the most common issue with a) young players and b) players who rely on pace!

Expecting him to have ‘learned’ it in a week of not playing football is a bit of a stretch ?

My personal opinion is, is that it will be an ongoing issue with Festy and he may never quite get it right.

...whereas I think he's got a footballing brain and will start to get it right. He's come a long way in a short time. Going past your man at pace and beating him then going past another tends to inflate your tension at what you've just done to the point that you lose that vital bit of composure for a millisecond and the opportunity to capitalise then just disappears. But with experience, he'll learn to keep his composure just that little bit ...and the right final ball will come. Think back to CKR at Stoke for that 2nd goal...for a millisecond when he cut back, it seemed the chance may have gone but then his experience kicked in, he kept his head and slotted away with his left. Ebse just needs a little more time and he'll start being the real deal...

Derby players told to approach administrators if they want to leave, as hopes fade of prompt takeover & cash needed to survive season. 

Tomorrow’s team selection will be interesting.

Should players whose agents have contacted the administrators that they want to leave be anywhere near the matchday squad.

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

1 minute ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Derby players told to approach administrators if they want to leave, as hopes fade of prompt takeover & cash needed to survive season. 

Should players whose agents have contacted the administrators that they want to leave be anywhere near the matchday squad.

That's a big assumption from the tweeter. After all lots of the squad are out of contract at the end of the season and so can set up deals should they want anyway.

1 minute ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Should players agents who have contacted the administrators that they want to leave be anywhere near the matchday squad.

This doesn't change a huge amount. If they wanted to leave they could have said it before. I'm confident that the players are very much committed to the cause and want to see it through to the end.

The news today could be a big blow to morale, hope everyone that’s there tomorrow carries on the excellent support shown all season to back the lads.
I guess Stearman comes in to partner Davies at the back, or Forsyth with one of Ebosele/Williams/Shinnie or a not quite fit Buchanan at left back? We’re weaker without Jagielka in my opinion but do have options there that will still do a really good job for the team. Could be that Bielik slots in there when fit with the midfield working well as it has been recently? Who know?! Just hope we get some more positives to cheer on the pitch as off the pitch it’s all a bit glum, COYR ? 

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Potentially we could play our very last game as a professional football club against Nottingham Forest

After we actually try and win points off them I would actually like them to beat Middlesbrough in the playoffs before the final where all bets are off ?

I think that as soon as the match is ended we stay in the ground singing our hearts out for (say half an hour) until some of the gutter press print something positive about this club and what it means to this city. I know people leave early for whatever reason but surely tomorrow's match could be our last ever as DCFC (I sincerely hope that this is not the case but its looking bleaker by the hour). Up the Rams!

33 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

More important than ever that we fill Pride Park tomorrow and show the team and the footballing community how much this club is loved and what the EFL is threatening to drive into extinction.

This.

It would be nice to think that some who've not ventured to PP so far this season will come down and lend their support. This is not just for DCFC, this is for the City and the whole area.