Sheffield United (H) Matchday Thread Saturday 15th January 3pm

Anag Ram

Allsop

Byrne   Davies   Stearman   Forsyth

Knight   Bird   Tommo   Lawrence

Plange Stretton

I think Jagielka could do with a rest as he seems to get an injury per game. Also, I’d love to see the youngsters paired together and given free rein to try a few things. But they would need the ball to their feet not lumped up in the air, which is what they’ve had in the past. Ebosele to be given half an hour to show he has learned the importance of his end product.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Allsop

Plange Stretton

I think Jagielka could do with a rest as he seems to get an injury per game. Also, I’d love to see the youngsters paired together and given free rein to try a few things. But they would need the ball to their feet not lumped up in the air, which is what they’ve had in the past. Ebosele to be given half an hour to show he has learned the importance of his end product.

It could also Jagielka last game for us if he didn’t sign an extension so he is playing ! 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Allsop

Plange Stretton

He'll want to play against 'his' team. Might be the last time on the pitch he gets to lap up the love from the Blunts fanbase.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Ebosele to be given half an hour to show he has learned the importance of his end product.

???

This may take seasons for this to improve….or it may NEVER get any better!! It’s probably the most common issue with a) young players and b) players who rely on pace!

Expecting him to have ‘learned’ it in a week of not playing football is a bit of a stretch ?

My personal opinion is, is that it will be an ongoing issue with Festy and he may never quite get it right.

4 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Paul Emson 

Emson was great fun.

But he had one 'trick': knock it past the defender and outpace him to the ball.

As soon as teams doubled up on him, he became totally ineffective.

He couldn't cross it either.

Apart from that, he was great.

Now that we're on the verge of being rich, loads-a-money, let's go back for Harry Wilson - he does have an end product.

4 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

???

This may take seasons for this to improve….or it may NEVER get any better!! It’s probably the most common issue with a) young players and b) players who rely on pace!

Expecting him to have ‘learned’ it in a week of not playing football is a bit of a stretch ?

My personal opinion is, is that it will be an ongoing issue with Festy and he may never quite get it right.

He’s probably had 10 years of coaches telling him to skin the full back and get to the bye line. So his thrilling instinct to do this is far too developed. He’s young and looks talented enough to change if he gets the right coaching.