Coventry City (A) FA Cup 3rd Round Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

5 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Lack of cutting edge costing us today

Finished 1-0 to Coventry. Not the end of the world. I half agree with the above, I would say a Lack of cutting edge before the 80th minute mark cost us. The subs gave us different options and a bit more purpose, just happened too late. Need to stick with Plange and Joz from the start and keep using Ravel and CKR as impact players so we can keep gaining points in the league. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Needlesh said:

Had a go, came up short. Meh. Regroup, hope for good news this week, and bring on Sheffield Utd. COYR

I’m not sure we did have ‘a go’. Lots of tippy tappy in the second half. Subs made ten minutes too late. No creativity whatsoever.

Festy lost all his confidence with the booking and all three midfield players hid on the half way line.

TBH we could do without the cup. I’d rather we got three points next Saturday, but I don’t think we really went for it today.

Just now, Andicis said:

His dribbling was good, but he fell away a lot in the second half and his end product was nothing short of horrific. 

Think with experience he'll make better decisions. Agree he disappeared in the 2nd half, but so did everyone else. Hit the post in the 1st half didn't he?

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Shame but need to focus on getting as many league points as possible anyway.

Not sure what we we’re trying to do with the starting line up

With a week until our next fixture we needed to risk making sure most players keep match fit. 

Was also a good chance to give some players a stat to get more than 30 minutes in their legs. 

Rooney and Co know what they’re doing. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Maybe the Cardiff game if they’re not in the 4th round? 

No one is allowed to enter Wales though are they ? - I notice Chester FC are being told to stop having supporters as the actual pitch is in Wales despite being an English club 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Think with experience he'll make better decisions. Agree he disappeared in the 2nd half, but so did everyone else. Hit the post in the 1st half didn't he?

I like him, there is clearly a good player in there, but currently he is too raw and not really ready. His end product is really sorely lacking, no benefit to getting into these good positions if you can't use them!