Who would you let leave?

Crazy

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

We have a squad full of players breaking their backs to keep us in the Championship and we need to glibly list those we would let go to keep ourselves amused? 

12 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Totally agree..every player here wants to fight to keep us here and make history..they all have earned that opportunity. We have been told we don't need to sell so we won't unless there is a very good reason to do so.

I'm not sure every player would want to stay given other opportunities. And even if that was the case, sometimes it's still better for the club to let them leave. 

We're in administration, and despite what they (and Rooney) say, financial reasons will come into decisions of which players will stay or leave. Of course they're not going to say we need to sell to stay afloat - because by doing so they'd knock 50% off any transfer fee!

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

We have a squad full of players breaking their backs to keep us in the Championship and we need to glibly list those we would let go to keep ourselves amused?

To me, its more that we are right in the eye of the storm and whilst ideally we would actually be bringing in much needed players and not letting anyone go...

... if the worst came to the worst, who do we think would least 'damage' our prospects and/or help cover our losses, and why.. (who do we have cover for, who would bring a fee, who is likely to leave soon anyway). Nothing overly disrespectful in that question or the replies I don't think, just realism. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

From full first team squad :-

Marshall - small fee

Baldock - no fee

Lawrence - fee

Buchanan - fee

Sibley - fee

Also :-

Hutchinson and Brown will go surely.

Can anyone with 6 months left sign a pre contract to move in the summer .  If so, he won't get his wage here elsewhere and will be here till the summer and leave on a free.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I have been doing my best to keep everyone in the loop, but you must have me on ignore ?  The club is in administration old bean, and we might need a few pounds here or there just to get us through a rather sticky patch.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Although I agree with your sentiment I think the thread was made because of our grim reality, not just to "keep us amused" Unfortunately administration gives us fewer choices. We took two of wigans players when they were in our position and it is likely it could happen to us.

The question is more who would you be prepared to lose  vs who you couldn't do without.  (And that's not even our choice if we don't hear updates soon)

Rooney is performing terrific with what he has and the players are playing out of their skin and doing the badge proud. However Rooney himself has said he needs to be able to contract people at the very least. It's in Quantuma's hands.

Edit: And they don't know the definition of imminently.

Edited by spondon_ram

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:
  • Lawrence - huge wages and should get a reasonable fee
  • Bielik - ditto
  • Joz - similar
  • Marshall - as not playing
  • Buchanan - should get a fee and we have plenty of cover
  • Baldock - not good enough so we can save on wages

Between them the money raised and the wages saved we should survive as a club for long enough to get a deal over the line and that's all that matters.

Beliek would be bad business, we owe too much, we wouldn’t get enough to pay Arsenal back. 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Marshall and Baldock makes sense..Marshall as he isn't in the picture to play so works all round..Baldock because we have cover and assume could be replaced by another free agent..

Depends on who (if anyone) comes in and when the admins secure a sale. We have several old players and many games yet to play. Can’t predict what will be the impact of fatigue or injury. If no one comes in I’d keep everyone except Marshall 

2 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

From full first team squad :-

Marshall - small fee

Baldock - no fee

Lawrence - fee

Buchanan - fee

Sibley - fee

Also :-

Hutchinson and Brown will go surely.

I think Brown is still injured so may not attract interest 

I wonder if the administrators will even consider the strength of the 23s team when considering offers… Hutchinson has been a key member of the squad this year but I don’t think they’ll turn down offers sadly

22 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Beliek would be bad business, we owe too much, we wouldn’t get enough to pay Arsenal back. 

What if his knee goes though.  Will be another Thorne.  I can't see he'll be risked at all in the position where in.  As a club, they can't risk having a crocked player, we still owe money for, on a good wage.  I think he'll go if we get an offer  - maybe 3 million ro alub wir parachute payments or bottom of the prem- not to much of a gamble if they can get 10 games out of him .  Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Arsenal in lieu of 3 million owed.  Get him fit and loan him out for a fee, with another fee on top if stays fit and double their money with more too come from us. Always found it strange they waived the instalment  they were owed  - first dibs maybe

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can anyone with 6 months left sign a pre contract to move in the summer .  If so, he won't get his wage here elsewhere and will be here till the summer and leave on a free.

I think that only applies if you go abroad.

Lawrence would still command a very healthy wage from other championship clubs. It would be a nominal fee and any wage shortfall would easily be made up with signing on fees. 

Im not suggesting he wants to go or that WR wants him to go but I think any half decent offer will be enough for the administrators to take it. The financials will outweigh all.

28 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Derby County still owe Arsenal £8m for Krystian Bielik.

Selling bielik would be a bad business decision, as I'm not sure how much of the 8 million we would recover and we would still have to pay arsenal.

I don't think it is that much, I believed the total fee was £8m but that would have had caveats, promotion, international appearances etc etc.  It would also suggest we had paid zero prior to this season, which would be unprecedented unless we are Fulham and buying Harry Wilson.....

I think it was mis reported by one of the rag reporters stirring up poo in the days after administration, of course they knew the full financial position. If it has been corroborated in the admin reports since then ignore everything above!

12 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

I don't think it is that much, I believed the total fee was £8m but that would have had caveats, promotion, international appearances etc etc.  It would also suggest we had paid zero prior to this season, which would be unprecedented unless we are Fulham and buying Harry Wilson.....

I think it was mis reported by one of the rag reporters stirring up poo in the days after administration, of course they knew the full financial position. If it has been corroborated in the admin reports since then ignore everything above!

As of November, we owed £8.3m in player's registration fees... but that was for all players, not just Bielik.

Given our recent transfer history, you can approximate that to be something like £2m Jozwiak and the rest on Bielik.