Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

We’re still in this, a wonder goal is the difference. Need a little more conviction in the final third (story of the last couple of years!) and/or a bit of luck. A couple of times Jozwiak and Byrne have lost their footing in good positions on the right, a couple of good crosses have been just behind the man etc. Get those fine margins right and we can come back to win

Look the better team playing some nice stuff with Reading only rarely threatening, shame about the goal not much we could do to stop it.

Id probably give Plange/Lawrence 10 mins after HT before looking to CKR, we need some cutting edge in the final third to capitalise on the decent approach play.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

I would like Curtis to man mark Carroll. He has won 2 important headers with Davis no where near. He needs roughing up a bit. Sure we can score from a corner.

Their keeper doesn’t look comfortable at the corners 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

I would like Curtis to man mark Carroll. He has won 2 important headers with Davis no where near. He needs roughing up a bit. Sure we can score from a corner.

I don’t think Carroll worries about roughing up.

Weve agreed defensively that second ball is key, sadly, not for the first time Byrne’s defending leaves a lot to be desired.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Reading  are obviously a better side than their league position as we are 

we need to be taking on more shots on goal basically - and score a few 

I second this. 
we need to score at least 2