The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

Of course, their pocket is funded through our collective pockets so it really doesn't matter if they do. I suspect though that each club is given so many schmoozing places at away venues and vice versa. Is Jack O'Connell more deserving of that experience than Lisa or Rachel or B4, who spend every penny of their spare money following their club?

And why if he has got time isn't Andrew Hoskin standing in the cramped terrace with the rest of us finding out what supporting a club is really about?

Steve, you want to hear what my gang of mainly female home and awayers think of this whole process.

Wherever we look  there are affluent men with all the power and influence playing out their roles in our saga (owners, administrators, EFL) with an arrogant complacency about their absolute rights and abilities to be the ones to do so. No matter what happens to clubs and communities, they roll on through to their next appointments. 

We are collectively very sceptical of all of them  and whatever happens to us, we need to change the way that football 'business' is conducted. It stinks of corrupt power.

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

31 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

They absolutely could have avoided this situation and 'won'. 

They could, for example, have got involved 12 months ago (Parry's timeline) with the Gibson/Couhig situation.  It might have avoided the Chairman having to say that he knew nothing about the case 12 months later. If that's true Parry ought to resign on those grounds alone. They might just have agreed with our administrators that only joint statements would be consistently issued.  They might have sufficient internal control of their systems that they didn't trot off to friendly journalists with the latest news every 5 minutes. They might have avoided being so disappointed with the results of their own disciplinary procedues once it reported.  They might just have had in place the policies and procedures to deal with our sort of case more promptly - like in the season it happened, or even the one after. They might just have been less in thrall to one Chairman/owner.

And so the list goes on.

They deserve every bit of chastising and distrust they get from now until the day when they're all kicked out and we get some proper, talented people running our bit of the game. I'm not holding my breath.  Charlatans the lot of them.

Efl has changed its rules mid season when it suits them so could easily have stopped Gibson and couhig. But didn’t. 

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

Of course, their pocket is funded through our collective pockets so it really doesn't matter if they do. I suspect though that each club is given so many schmoozing places at away venues and vice versa. Is Jack O'Connell more deserving of that experience than Lisa or Rachel or B4, who spend every penny of their spare money following their club?

And why if he has got time isn't Andrew Hoskin standing in the cramped terrace with the rest of us finding out what supporting a club is really about?

Steve, you want to hear what my gang of mainly female home and awayers think of this whole process.

Wherever we look  there are affluent men with all the power and influence playing out their roles in our saga (owners, administrators, EFL) with an arrogant complacency about their absolute rights and abilities to be the ones to do so. No matter what happens to clubs and communities, they roll on through to their next appointments. 

We are collectively very sceptical of all of them  and whatever happens to us, we need to change the way that football 'business' is conducted. It stinks of corrupt power.

Take That Reaction GIF by Magic Radio

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

You will never beat it, Where there's money there's corruption or trough feeders, Will an indipendant body be any different, Will they go on "jollys", Who will they meet?

No the fans will always be treated with indifference.

I’m certainly no expert in any of this administration lark. You have to assume Q are. But has part of the problem here been that Q have been trying to conduct business in the ‘normal’ legal way they would with any other business but have been hampered at every turn by an organisation so wholly unfit for purpose, with a completely different set of rules for administration, that it’s made their task untenable? I know they should have known this from their previous experiences, but we have obviously been a special case due to other agents manipulating said rules for their own ends. I have some sympathy for them.   This is why I cannot believe we haven’t ended up in court on the basis that the EFLs rules are probably not ‘legal’.

Anyhoo. I also imagine that Q’s communications have been so bad because it’s not normal administration practice to have to explain every move you make and give running commentaries to customers, people like the EFL (again, an extra tier of nonsense) and the media. Again, they should have expected this, but I assume we are the biggest club they’ve had to deal with and perhaps the level of interest (including from MPs) has taken them a bit by surprise.  Clearly they haven’t really been geared up for it.

All in all, this process has been shown up to be farcical. The EFL will no doubt change rules now so it can’t happen again, but too little too late.

FWIW, while I’m not really sure what we could sue them for, I’d still like to see us take the EFL to court, if for no other reason than it might be cathartic. ?

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I’m certainly no expert in any of this administration lark. You have to assume Q are. But has part of the problem here been that Q have been trying to conduct business in the ‘normal’ legal way they would with any other business but have been hampered at every turn by an organisation so wholly unfit for purpose, with a completely different set of rules for administration, that it’s made their task untenable? I know they should have known this from their previous experiences, but we have obviously been a special case due to other agents manipulating said rules for their own ends. I have some sympathy for them.   This is why I cannot believe we haven’t ended up in court on the basis that the EFLs rules are probably not ‘legal’.

Anyhoo. I also imagine that Q’s communications have been so bad because it’s not normal administration practice to have to explain every move you make and give running commentaries to customers, people like the EFL (again, an extra tier of nonsense) and the media. Again, they should have expected this, but I assume we are the biggest club they’ve had to deal with and perhaps the level of interest (including from MPs) has taken them a bit by surprise.  Clearly they haven’t really been geared up for it.

All in all, this process has been shown up to be farcical. The EFL will no doubt change rules now so it can’t happen again, but too little too late.

FWIW, while I’m not really sure what we could sue them for, I’d still like to see us take the EFL to court, if for no other reason than it might be cathartic. ?

I'm sure Q have some experience of football administration - can't remember who it was though.

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

But hopefully it’s moot. Easy for me to say as it’s not my cash, but I can’t see why any new owner would rather start on -15 over the sake of a few million quid, when they’re already committing to many millions as part of the running costs anyway.

But obviously they do though and they're the ones who are going to be potentially parting with their hard earned to acquire our debts.

They obviously reckon that they're acquiring a League 1 club and with a minimum of investment we'll still be a League 1 club at the end of next season even with a 15 point penalty imposed. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

But obviously they do though and they're the ones who are going to be potentially parting with their hard earned to acquire our debts.

They obviously reckon that they're acquiring a League 1 club and with a minimum of investment we'll still be a League 1 club at the end of next season even with a 15 point penalty imposed. 

That -15 points might not happen

To cut Quantuma some slack..

It wouldn't suprise me if admins have been negotiating with the PB, ironing out every crease before presenting the exit strategy to the EFL. 

There are more than a couple of rumours about regarding 15 point deductions next season, even Rooney loosely suggested something similar last night, so chances are the PB are offering less than the 25p in the pound.

I'd expect and hope the admins to present their case to the EFL soon and the EFL will flat out block it.

For everyone crying about the EFL, they're not wrong. Heck it ain't even the administrators that's the issue here.

The club and all the dodgy dealings Mel has seemingly done is the problem and the administrators are trying to unravel it all.

I said from day 1 that when Mel sold the stadium to himself that I thought was a dodgy thing to be doing (I would have proof if the forum didn't delete my every post that said my thoughts on the matter). The bloke has well and truly ducked us.

The problem was Mel and no one else. Stop trying to play the victim from the EFL.

2 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

For everyone crying about the EFL, they're not wrong. Heck it ain't even the administrators that's the issue here.

The club and all the dodgy dealings Mel has seemingly done is the problem and the administrators are trying to unravel it all.

I said from day 1 that when Mel sold the stadium to himself that I thought was a dodgy thing to be doing (I would have proof if the forum didn't delete my every post that said my thoughts on the matter). The bloke has well and truly ducked us.

The problem was Mel and no one else. Stop trying to play the victim from the EFL.

We were found not guilty of this charge. It wasn't against the rules. 

Maybe your posts wouldn't be deleted if you didn't fill them with things that are against Forum rules.

This one isn't against the rules. It's just plain wrong.

Edited by angieram
Spelling and grammar. Tut, tut!

Well I think with the comments this week the EFL are playing propaganda games yet again and the difference is Quantuma are not engaging. Quantuma could well have notified the EFL of the situation but it’s conveniently stuck in an inbox. I honestly don’t believe a word that lying bar steward organisation says. EFL is using every tactic to ensure in any potential fall out of this the fingers are pointing to everyone but them. 

Im trusting Quantuma to get this sorted. Their comms to Derby fans needs to be better. duck whatever the EFL want.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

2 hours ago, Owen87ITK said:

There was never £3m on the table for Tom Lawrence.

A big issue with most of the various bids in January was that very little of the money offered was up-front, and therefore wasn’t really of any use at all. 

That is what made the Crystal Palace offer for Plange different. 

Thanks for Info Owen I was only forwarding on what one of the pundits said on talksport today following efl statement 

Keep doing a brilliant job Owen like watching Rams TV you Shaun and Co always good to listen too ??

14 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Well mate

Every single person in the efl has put in road block after road block in the way of having new owners in place they punish us enough and not just that took points of us that they had no right too.

5 hours ago, Derbados said:

Interestingly enough I thought what the general wider perception of Quantuma was from other customers or businesses that have used their services. 

first thing i noticed is that Derby fans are leaving scathing reviews via trust pilot, but also that the issues we are experiencing with them follow a very common trend. 

this is a review from 2018

9AB1D1B7-D427-4637-B75C-B34223E4279E.jpeg

If they're that crap why did Mel Morris appoint them then.

Edited by Tyler Durden