The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I mean, *if* it's less than 6 figs, I'm sure a PB would be able to afford <£100k... but also begs the question - why? All that anger and effort for that? 

If it is less that 6 figures then it just goes to show their chairman knows how ridiculous their claim is. Even £99,999 gets nowhere near what they would have lost out on if they did indeed have a valid claim. But, if such a payment is a way to resolve the case and allow him to save face, then I'd be reluctantly in favour.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’d have thought Couhig has spent six figures in first class air fares over this. 

Can’t quite work out what’s going on with Wycombe. Hosking made it clear W will not hold up the sale, that a resolution is available. Maybe Couhig has said: “yes I’ll go away for £X, and MM has told Hosking: yes I’ll pay it if we can’t whittle him down further “. Or maybe all buyers have agreed to go ahead anyway, perhaps against a small deposit from MM as security against Couhig’s antics. Hoskin implied the legal advice from all quarters is that the claim is nonsense 

Perhaps the EFL have agreed that the claim is rubbish and can be crammed. Seems very unlikely.  Anyway I don’t know how you can cram down a claimant who has not even made a claim ... 

22 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

If we're talking £90k, for the sake of the final hurdle going away we should just do it.

Thing is, that's 3 Graeme Shinnie's and if we had time on our hands we'd be arguing this down to no Graeme Shinnies...

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Accounts were due to be submitted by 31/01/22.
This deadline was then extended with "2-3 days" quoted... a week ago.

The EFL's embargo page hasn't been updated, so these couldn't have been submitted yet. Why not?

Don't fret  neither has Readings

Edited by I know nuffin

24 minutes ago, roboto said:

Thing is, that's 3 Graeme Shinnie's and if we had time on our hands we'd be arguing this down to no Graeme Shinnies...

I know. I'm all for principle, but if you'd told me last week that we'd have gone from a total £51m claim and looking like liquidation down to Mel sorting Boro and us chucking £90k at Wycombe to go away I'd have booked the rest of the day off work and gone straight to the pub!

3 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

I know. I'm all for principle, but if you'd told me last week that we'd have gone from a total £51m claim and looking like liquidation down to Mel sorting Boro and us chucking £90k at Wycombe to go away I'd have booked the rest of the day off work and gone straight to the pub!

I can't imagine we've had all this  for 99k.  Unless it's been confirmed that he hasn't got a leg to stand on and were just paying some legal team .  If it was deemed he hasn't a leg to stand on mind, I can't see us - or Morris- doing that .  Confused.  

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can't imagine we've had all this  for 99k.  Unless it's been confirmed that he hasn't got a leg to stand on and were just paying some legal team .  If it was deemed he hasn't a leg to stand on mind, I can't see us - or Morris- doing that .  Confused.  

It's more likely here's some pennies to go and get yourselves a nice bag of chips and a can of pop now go forth and multiply.

Long as Mel Morris pays it, just suck it up.

We need to move on.

I don't think anyone really puts much stock in the Wycombe owners rantings. The reputational damage to DCFC has already been done by Gibson and the EFL. The "we're going to make an example of Derby County" expedition hasn't relegated us yet (I'm sure much to the disappointment of the EFL are Steve Gibson) or put us out of business (ditto)

but trashing the clubs professional reputation and leaving a hugely negative perception amongs other fans? Oh yes they achieved far more with that than they ever actually pinned on Derby for actual wrongdoing.

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Admins are probably thinking bigger picture - they still only have funding until the end of the month, it's either pay Wycombe £90k to go away and allow a preferred bidder to then take the club on funding wise, or sell another academy player and devalue the club? 

Edited by r_wilcockson
Typo

2 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Admins are probably thinking bigger picture - they still only have funding until the end of the month, it's either pay Wycombe £90k to go away and allow a preferred bidder to then take the club on funding wise, or sell another academy player and devalue the club? 

It would have to be Morris.  Doesn't seem at lot on the bigger creditors but it has to be cleared and there's plenty of small ones need a pay out.  It wouldn't be ratified as part of the admin unless it went through a legal process .  I assume Morris is giving him a free holiday in Sandbanks instead.

1 hour ago, r_wilcockson said:

Can we still sell academy players when the window is closed?

I cant believe we've only got funding to the end of the month with all the players weve sold