The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well some fans might have been convinced before that Ashley was interested in buying us but I wasn't.

Now we have heard from The Man himself, I'm convinced he is wanting to buy us and this is a shove back at Mel (price of stadium) and Admin (their bill)! 

Lets hear some chants at the game tomorrow?

Roy we're all in the same boat, I always hoped Ashley was the buyer, But it was only hope and nowt else, We're being fed chick feed, Having to put a 10,000 piece jigsaw together when 5,000 pieces are missing, Spurious claims from Journalists who are ITK, Twatter posters who say they are ITK.

As Baldrick famousley said...it's all Gobbledegook!

I can see it know, Gibson watching the interview laughing and saying to himself duck MM and his High Court, Let DCFC squirm

22 minutes ago, jono said:

I am vanishing for now, over to the Hull thread. Everything else is speculation until a bid is accepted and the EFL state where they stand and actually arrange something involving decision making. .. Obviously I remain hopeful that Gibson has an outbreak of uncomfortable piles but that’s a side issue. 

I think you will find piles is an anus issue. I think you might be getting confused with a kidney infection.

* Yeah, I am a medical expert too.

From memory when Newcastle had them relegations under Ashley, didn't he spend silly money to get them straight back up promoted the following season? 

Think of the thousands of jobs he's saved over the years buying failed businesses. Granted, he made cuts however he made the businesses profitable. 

I'm 100% behind the bloke buying the club. He might not invest behind the scenes but I think we'll still have some of the best facilities around in the next 5 years. Clear the debts, stability. Yes please. 

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Just been listening to RD and some legal expert called Hillary who sounded like a bloke btw said M & WW won’t take MM up on his off because any judge in a proper court would throw the case out. So what next??

From our point of view, we've now offered a solution to the problem whereas previous we've tried, rightly, to tell them to go away. Hopefully the EFL, in the balance of fairness, can turn to these two clubs and say there's your solution. You either take it or leave it. Stop throwing the toys out of the pram.

Had a reply from the EFL for once.

Hello Gritsone

Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your views.

While recognising this remains a challenging time for everyone connected to the Club, the EFL’s statement (issued on Thursday 3 February here) reiterates the EFL’s request for relevant and associated parties to enter formal collaborative negotiations to actively seek out the compromises and solutions. This also includes continuing transparent dialogue with politicians and engagement with  Derby Supporters’ Groups.

As a point of clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, the EFL has not declared the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football debt, rather that under the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy, the claims cannot be ignored. Put another way, the EFL cannot rule that they are not creditors as the claims may subsequently be upheld by independent process. The EFL cannot unilaterally decide if the claims should be dismissed, that is why under the terms of the EFL’s Articles of Association and Insolvency policy we are working with parties involved, and continuing to encourage them to seek to progress this matter independently, via commercial agreement, arbitration or the courts.

While not the only solution, when there are disputes between Clubs, there is an arbitration mechanism as set out in our Regulations which is independent and objective,  consisting of lawyers and judges, appointed to settle disputes in a fair manner. Clearly nobody wants disputes between Clubs but they will occasionally arise, be over transfer fees or player medicals for example, and the mechanism in the rules means they can be resolved independently of the League.

As the statement clarifies, the EFL has reiterated this position to Quantuma, so as to enable them to apply to the High Court or engage in Arbitration to have that issue determined. It is now for the Administrators to determine how they wish to move this matter forward and we remain willing to expedite any process, as necessary.  

Again we do understand that this is a concerning time for Derby supporters, and the EFL will endeavour to provide updates on any progress achieved as a result of this request and any subsequent discussions in due course.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

1 minute ago, SouthStandDan said:

I'm 100% behind the bloke buying the club. He might not invest behind the scenes but I think we'll still have some of the best facilities around in the next 5 years. Clear the debts, stability. Yes please. 

Yes absolutely, the toilets at Sports Direct in Shirebrook doubled as maternity wards 

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Roy we're all in the same boat, I always hoped Ashley was the buyer, But it was only hope and nowt else, We're being fed chick feed, Having to put a 10,000 piece jigsaw together when 5,000 pieces are missing, Spurious claims from Journalists who are ITK, Twatter posters who say they are ITK.

As Baldrick famousley said...it's all Gobbledegook!

I can see it know, Gibson watching the interview laughing and saying to himself duck MM and his High Court, Let DCFC squirm

Yeah. But now we know!

'Mike Ashley, he's coming for you

Boro *********

Ashley's coming for you!'

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Could it be Alf because Ashley has still not tabled a formal written offer, Q are not counting him as a bidder? I get the feeling that he has made a low verbal offer and that he was the third interested party who was there for a chat at the EFL according to Nixon. His behaviour at the moment is akin to the cat and mouse tactics he plays on the High Street in his pursuit of ailing companies. He flits in and out of negotiations without committing to a formal offer and then at the end if the price is right he comes in with the winning bid. I will not believe he is out of taking over DCFC until the club is sold to another.

Agree Brailsford, His House of Fraser deal where he got all the shops, Stock and coat hangers for an estimated £85/90 million Cash, He hasn't amounted circa £2 billion by being foolish.

Admin will be aware of Ashley, They'll now be aware of the interview, Admin have an awfull lot to digest this coming few days, Lets hope their plate isn't too full.

28 minutes ago, jono said:

What really gets my goat and is the reason I have posted relatively little on this thread is the effing EFL. They have the tools to make this simple, but for their own twisted reasons seem unable to make sensible, equitable judgements / rulings

All the bottlenecks are 100% down to the EFL failing to be the voice of leaders. Even without my DCFC hat on they could solve this problem so easily. 

I am vanishing for now, over to the Hull thread. Everything else is speculation until a bid is accepted and the EFL state where they stand and actually arrange something involving decision making. .. Obviously I remain hopeful that Gibson has an outbreak of uncomfortable piles but that’s a side issue. 

Totally agree. I’m not posting much either because we are all being played by various parties and as a result none of us has a scooby what’s actually going on or what the final outcome may be. So effectively we’re all getting our knickers in a twist over things we a) don’t know or understand & b) we cannot control. At the end of the day and once all the fog & noise have been removed the final ACTUAL interested parties may look nothing like those currently being touted. There could be those waiting in the wings who are simply ‘keeping their powder dry’. Who knows??? or I could be talking nonsense!!! ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes absolutely, the toilets at Sports Direct in Shirebrook doubled as maternity wards 

In fairness MA wasn’t aware of a lot of the stuff going on and when he personally took over he sorted a lot of the problems out. The other thing is they were staff toilets because there aren’t any for customers as I found out when I got caught short when shopping for a pair of sambas.

48 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

We were told by the administrators that the preferred bidder would have to put a non refundable deposit of £5m into the club weren't we?

The only reason we have had to sell players is because the administrators have failed to get us into a position where we can name the preferred bidder.

7 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Had a reply from the EFL for once.

...As a point of clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, the EFL has not declared the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football debt, rather that under the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy, the claims cannot be ignored. Put another way, the EFL cannot rule that they are not creditors as the claims may subsequently be upheld by independent process. The EFL cannot unilaterally decide if the claims should be dismissed, that is why under the terms of the EFL’s Articles of Association and Insolvency policy we are working with parties involved, and continuing to encourage them to seek to progress this matter independently, via commercial agreement, arbitration or the courts...

Isn't this a bit important?

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I know but i meant i dont know if he is one of the two! If he isnt it makes what was said in the meeting today open to question. What a ? show!

What BrailsfordRam has just posted, Ashley "hasn't" actually put in a formal offer, So there still 2...Binnies and Appleby, Ashleys Advisor said "they are still 100% in the running" in the running doesn't make him a Bidder

FWIW he's playing a waiting game, He's now put a little thought in other peoples minds who could have a benificial/detrimental outcome of our predicament.