The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

DCFCs are not "football debts" the EFL are saying they are, Administraters are saying they're not, The EFL have been given a get out of jail free card here, The outcome is down to Gibson and Middlesboro, With Middlesboros threat to the EFL of suing them...who's calling the shots here.

I'll wager there's been contact between the EFL and Gibson.

Yep hope it spoilt Gibson's big night out. Again dont think Mel's timing accidental

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, all those EFL/Boro 'statements' going on and on about Boro being ready for arbitration and we were stalling...

May 2022 really should be on a billboard!

Our last game of the season is 7th May. How strange.

Why is their counsel so busy anyway, do they have other law suits on the go? If this is important to Gibson  I’m sure the legal firm they use have other lawyers.

14 hours ago, papa_lazarou said:

It's a standard pi$$ing contest. My dad's bigger than your dad. I hope as others have said this is master stroke by MM and flushes this turd once and for all. Time will tell....... Hopefully very quickly.

It may well be the flush we have all hoped for, but the turd will take several circuits of the lav pan before finally wending its way to the sewer.

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but it allowed him to go public with what he wanted out there including sale of losses and overseas transfers by other clubs with members on EFL board. If he had just quietly agreed to indemnify he wouldnt have got to do the big statement.

I agree wholeheartedly with the statement but not sure if it’s possible for Boro to take MM to court as the grievance is between Middlesbrough and Derby County.

I hate the EFL and Steve Gibson with a passion and what they are doing to Derby County.

MPs might have sway 

How do you see the outcome of all this .

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

If the directors have acted outside their duties then it should be pretty easy to bring a claim against them.

I barely attended my lectures so I could be wrong, but in that case I think only DCFC could claim against Mel Morris. Not Middlesbrough.

The only way Middlesbrough could claim against Mel is if he knew he personally owed them money and set up DCFC to protect himself against that liability, which obviously didn’t happen. Or if it could be found that Mel owes a duty of care to Boro, which he clearly doesn’t.

Company law exists to protect shareholders and directors against personal liability in the vast majority of cases.

Could be completely wrong though. And whether Mel is allowed to willingly pierce the protective veil and accept personal liability is a completely different matter. No idea if that’s possible.

I was going to take the weekend off, but after the BAWT tweet last night and the screenshot floating around on Twitter, wanted to see if I could get confirmation also by emailing Rick Parry.

I asked if he had seen the open letter (even though it was a statement) and would the EFL be willing to accept the offer from Mel, I have received a reply. 

4DFFC0F6-374C-4D82-8C49-356966CF9C49.jpeg

1 minute ago, David said:

I was going to take the weekend off, but after the BAWT tweet last night and the screenshot floating around on Twitter, wanted to see if I could get confirmation also by emailing Rick Parry.

I asked if he had seen the open letter (even though it was a statement) and would the EFL be willing to accept the offer from Mel, I have received a reply. 

One part of the log jam, what else does he have up his sleeve?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Hhmm, "One part of the jam"

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

One part of the log jam, what else does he have up his sleeve?

Assuming he means a deal with HMRC, the stadium sale, creditors as they have always claimed that the Boro/Wycombe claims are not the only obstacle.

24 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Assume he already reviewed the legal side before the statement as he would look ridiculous if not possible

Mels statement is extremely thorough. He wouldn’t go to all this effort if he hadn’t already sort advice or anticipated the next steps. He may have made some questionable decisions as Derby owner but one thing you can’t accuse him of is not having a method behind his madness.

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Mels statement is extremely thorough. He wouldn’t go to all this effort if he hadn’t already sort advice or anticipated the next steps. He may have made some questionable decisions as Derby owner but one thing you can’t accuse him of is not having a method behind his madness.

Or is it madness behind his method? ?

7 minutes ago, David said:

What’s the point in asking him again when he already replied to BAWT?

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the statement but not sure if it’s possible for Boro to take MM to court as the grievance is between Middlesbrough and Derby County.

I hate the EFL and Steve Gibson with a passion and what they are doing to Derby County.

MPs might have sway 

I wouldn’t be relying on MPs for anything. 
Whilst it’s nice that they show solidarity, they have let the EFL foul up for years. We are going to end up paying these claims as part of our punishment. The EFL wants to make a massive deal out of this, the administrators are toothless and DCFC will be severely weakened by the time this is resolved. 
I just hope that Wayne and the boys continue to keep rolling along even though the wheel count is diminishing by the day. (one for the oldies there?)

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

MPs might have sway 

No idea! I think Mel has got stuff off his chest, they wont agree, Mel will agree to indemnify claims for club but only if they are considered independently outside EFL's remit. But who knows. I do know all our financial woes would be over if this was being filmed for a Sky/Netflix series - box office gold. 

And now on beautiful day in Cambridgeshire I am going to do what we should all do - remind ourselves of what football really is - going to watch my son's school team play. So all try and find a low key match, get some fresh air and get away from the internet (sorry David)

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What’s the point in asking him again when he already replied to BAWT?

At 7.11pm a screenshot of an email between a fan and Rick Parry was posted on Twitter, 7.18pm BAWT tweeted that Parry had confirmed he sees no reason, the tweet I shared on the forum.

There was a lot of doubt and people questioning the screenshot and calling it out as a fake on Twitter.

Not sure if this was where BAWT got their information from, or if the fan was part of the group, I emailed Rick Parry as well at 7.43pm to see if I could also confirm with the idea that I could share a screenshot also.

Would like to believe there is a trust built up where I wouldn't create and send any fake emails out.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Understand the overall sentiment and even agree with it. But I think as soon as you get into the details of what you’re proposing (High Court action) you realise these legal actions are complicated uncertain and expensive and they take ages. Don’t just believe the comments on here that the admins have free and easy access to the court’s diary, that’s a mile from the truth. They might have top priority when it comes to the admin proceedings, but those are narrow proceedings and the likes of Gibbo and Couhig are no part of them. @Brailsford Ramhas been pushing this topic I think would be interested in their input 

As opposed to an EFL kangaroo court stitch-up, where the outcome is pre-ordained?

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I've been saying for a while, CK has too much to say, He was here, There, And everywhere telling all and sundry what he is and what he'll do, He's the "type" of person who's invited to a Wedding and pisses people off with his protestations of i've done this that and the other, He came across as tho he'd already won the PB before it was anounced, He's out of the picture that's for sure ? coming across as a bitter man now.

He's what I term a 'black catter'.

You've seen a black cat, he's seen a blacker one.