The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

MFC have issued a statement, surprisingly they agree with the EFL that their claim is a football debt.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/mfc-response-to-efl-statement-on-Derby-county

Once I got past all the drivel, this bit at the end stuck out……

A significant focus of MFC’s claim against Derby County relates to the sale of Derby County’s stadium and the belief that it was done in a way which manipulated the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

The valuation of PP has been accepted by the LAP/DC, the EFL didn’t appeal this and MFCs original claim for £40M on the basis of the stadium was rejected by the LAP in October 2020.  Surely, if the basis of the claim is the same, they’re playing into the admins hands?  Perhaps @Brailsford Ram can advise as you seem knowledgable in this area?

FBM you are quite right the EFL discipline panel cleared DCFC on the charge of over valuing PP. Following that decision, the EFL in a quite silly public response for a supposedly neutral members organisation, expressed its disappointment at the verdict but went on to say that following its own legal advice, it would not be appealing the verdict. That matter is dead in the water thankfully.

I had not seen the MFC response so thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am very heartened by its content because it further amplifies the weakness and futility of their claim. It's also good to see that Gibson is still trying to extract confidential information from Q that he is not entitled to. Gibson's still on a fishing trip and we should continue with the Brexit strategy and not licence his boats to come into our waters.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Middlesbrough statement shortly after the EFL statement and fresh comments from Couhig in the press, all echoing the same sentiments, all trying to push focus back onto the admins and Morris. It’s clear they are ganging up to try and force the issue in their favour. Unlike some I am pleased by the admins decision not to engage them on their claims, and hope they do pursue things legally and get the claims shut down for good.

Yep, just like the other week when we suddenly got 3 coordinated statements. I don't believe in coincidences, especially where this lot is concerned. Fully, and totally orchestrated. 

Just thinking about the fantasy Wycombe claim against us.

Reading (also penalized for breaking P&S rules, so therefore seeking a competitive advantage above others) took 3 points of Wycombe in a match at the end of 2020.

Why is their chairman not going after Reading as well then, just us? I know that he feels that the points deduction should have happened last year, but if the claims get uphold those scenarios are going to become more commonplace.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If the Boro case is about the stadium then that is absolutely laughable. That went through an EFL process, an IDC and an appeal and still they found nothing wrong.

Technically, it didn't go through appeal because the EFL lawyers couldn't find any grounds whatsoever to appeal the stadium charge.

I think if anything it is quite a relief that a large part of their claim is based on something that DCFC were categorically cleared of.

So we have two claims. One moaning that Derby’s accounts were submitted within an EFL permitted timeframe. And one moaning that Derby sold their stadium despite a categorical not guilty verdict on that. These are holding the takeover up, meaning we cannot sign players, cannot give players new contracts (so are losing them for sweet FA) and are facing liquidation. Meanwhile the EFL sit there and say “yes but technically if they win they will be football creditors” which by law isn’t even true.

Good stuff.

9 minutes ago, JfR said:

So let's get this straight:
Middlesbrough are claiming we disadvantaged them by selling a stadium in a manner that is within the rules and that we've already been cleared of any wrongdoing over.
Wycombe are claiming that we got them relegated last season by submitting our accounts "too late" for us to get relegated, despite the EFL confirming that they wouldn't be relegating us last season in the exact same statement that they first acknowledge that they received confirmation that we had to resubmit the accounts.

Cool

As well as the EFL are not capable of making a judgement or recommendation on those two things -simply staggering unless of course the EFL are actually Gibson 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wonder if this would fall under the "systematic cheating" which both parasites have referred to in the past. The claim being that Derby were actively looking for loopholes to exploit?

What if a club owner had sold the cola debts to another one of his companies? That sounds like systematic cheating to me

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wonder if this would fall under the "systematic cheating" which both parasites have referred to in the past. The claim being that Derby were actively looking for loopholes to exploit?

As do all clubs I would assume.  I'm miles away from understanding all the ins and outs of things like this but didn't Gibson exploit a loophole to re-balance deficits using his haulage business to ensure he remained in P&S?  If there's a loophole there, which is perfectly legal, and works to your advantage, especially to help meet the EFL's ridiculous rules, then a club will try and exploit it.  The only ones seemingly being picked on by doing this is us. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Problem with loopholes in regulations is they're not in breach of regulations, hence being a loophole.

We can all wax lyrical about the spirit of the rules, but if you start throwing damages claims about then you'd better be able to demonstrate a breach.

Interestingly, although the EFL did not appeal the verdict on the stadium, they did apply for a De Novo hearing ( retrial basically) but were told they didn't have grounds to. That was one of the delays alongside Boro's failed attempt to be added as an interested party.

Help from finance analysts needed!

In 2016, Gibson sold Middlesbrough's tax losses to the club's parent company (Gibson-owned), turning the loss into revenue.

He turned a financial trick between his companies to benefit MFC.

How did this benefit MFC's FFP performance and was it significant? If so, can it be splashed onto Twitter, please, to expose the vengeful hypocrite?

Now, he is hoping for a payout from DCFC to shore up his future FFP results, given that they posted a £35.5 million loss last year...just think, if a possible DCFC compensation payout to MFC ended up preventing Gibson being in dock and suffering a  points penalty!