The Administration Thread

Boycie

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Other than Nixon or that prat Dorsett, has anyone of actual standing - by which I mean Q, the EFL, or an MP within the 9am meeting yesterday - actually confirmed the next step in terms of mediation, arbitration or high court. Or is everyone speculating based on the rumours of a couple of hacks? Genuine question, as I would have thought Q would want to go to the high court to have the claims simply quashed under insolvency proceedings. There needs to be a judgment that comes to a conclusion one way or another whether the EFL’s membership rules are out of step with statute. It shouldn’t be just a matter about Derby V Boro/Wycombe it should also sort out forever the stance that the EFL have been taking that “it isn’t our problem, we simply implement the rules agreed by our membership clubs”.

So, no, not yet.

Edited by RoyMac5

Meanwhile. Nottingham Forest have just sold Carvalho to Olympiakos.

Olympiakos is obviously the other club their chairman owns.

So essentially Carvalho could be worth £2 million. But could sign for Olympiakos for £10 million.

How this is allowed to happen is beyond me. 

Not to mention the amount of random players Forest sign on the cheap that end up in Greece.

Incredible that the EFL allow this to happen.

9 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

By doing a deal out of court. It’s really not worth the risk at all!!!

Anyone thinking this is a cut and dried case is in cloud cuckoo land. There is a reason why all these millionaires with legal teams have been put off you know!

So here we are 60% chance we’ll win and 40% we’re getting liquidated at a guess.

Kirchner...i'm ooot, Appleby consortium still very much in and "good to go", Binnies have put an offer on the table of full asking price £28m, I've still yet to see any confirmation that Ashley is one of the 3 remaining bidders, Gadsby?

On 21/01/2022 at 20:25, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’d take the deal and play at Mickleover if it means keeping DCFC. 

But, I do believe whoever takes over will have the ground back in our control very quickly. 

I could walk to matches, not done that since The BBG

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So essentially Carvalho could be worth £2 million. But could sign for Olympiakos for £10 million.

Not to mention the amount of random players Forest sign on the cheap that end up in Greece.

There's absolutely no reason why he should not be sold to Olympiacos.

The player valuation should be looked at though and maybe the EFL will use an expert that compares him to the price of players that Morecambe have sold recently?

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I asked Alan Nixon why he hadn't challenged the EFL about not ruling on our situation and suggested he might lose his "source" if he did. I am now blocked by him. Hit a raw nerve perhaps. Maybe I should start a Blocked by Nixon thread.

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Kirchner...i'm ooot, Appleby consortium still very much in and "good to go", Binnies have put an offer on the table of full asking price £28m, I've still yet to see any confirmation that Ashley is one of the 3 remaining bidders, Gadsby?

Listening to BAWT last night they said they believe there are more interested parties  than the one's known. They are waiting for the issues to be sorted some may come in then others could go away depending on outcome

9 hours ago, David said:

It would seem you care, as you're bringing it up again now.

Having been on the Supporters Charter Group myself, I'm fully aware of the process of official minutes as oppose to minutes written by each individual supporters group. As you was told, on the rare occasion Quantuma wrote the minutes. 

So yes, I was wrong on that particular point, however it does not change the fact what you are trying to claim is not there. If you are so sure of this, write to Quantuma and have this verified. 

Hhhmmm..talking of minutes David?

9 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Didn’t Maxwell “move” Dean Saunders from Oxford to Derby in the late 80s when his family owned both clubs? Dodgy, but then it was Maxwell!

Did it while the Oxford Manager, Mark Lawrenson, was on holiday. Think Lawrenson may have ended up quitting over that.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Arbitration is legally binding without appeal. Mediation is an agreed position but not legally binding. We are going down the arbitration rote. 

In this case its formality, expect boro/Wycombe to reduce their claims very little.

Arbitration doesn't mean forced to accept.

It opens the avenue to go to court.

Administrators have looked at the matter with their legal team and I believe with external legal advice, they found no case to answer but now boro/Wycombe will not back down.

That means this proceeds to court.

Boro haven't sought legal action against the other teams involved in the playoffs for that season, since they haven't breached ffp.

I think the court will rule that boro/Wycombe have zero right to be classed as creditors, so case dismissed.

They are minnows in the administration process.

Boro hears that Derby are 50 million in debt so made a claim for the same amount.

They did it for publicity, they must know that they don't have a realistic case.

Boro think that Derby are in so much debt, they can't afford to mount a legal defence and so pursue the claim.

Boro had almost 40 million debts last season so call for sum large enough to cover that debt.

It's a clever move from boro.

Wycombe claim that they lost 20 million by not staying in the championship, but their entire case appears to be based on when Derby submitted their documents to the efl, and Derby didn't break any rules with the time limit on document submission 

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

READ THE BLOOD¥ MINUTES !!!

THE QCs REFUSED TO SAY THEY ARE NOT FOOTBALL CREDITORS. BUT WHAT THEY DID SAY IS WHAT WE ALL KNOW THE CLAIMS WILL FAIL 

SO YES OF COURSE Q WILL BE WILLING TO TAKE THEM ON. BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED THE CLAIMS WILL FAIL. IT’S NEITHER HERE NOT THERE THAT THEY ARE FOOTBALL CREDITORS   

SUGGEST YOU SEND THE HEDGE THING ROUND AGAIN 

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s written in capital letters between the lines in the minutes. David explains why in his inappropriately titled thread about football creditors (in fact he explained it better than I did)

And as you can see Q said the advice from counsel is that the claims will fail. If so the football creditors status argument becomes superfluous because there is no claim. That is my point. So I have to agree with David on this. It's time to move on and if the EFL are not budging let's go to arbitration.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

I can’t see an arbitration ruling against us with all the pressure being applied by media and MP’s, the days of doing what they like against us are numbered. I suspect it’s just getting dragged out for the transfer window so we can’t sign anyone, after Rooneys comments about bringing in players that would be seen as a **** take with all the millions we owe. 

No one said we were even paying a penny for any loans that may have come in - the EFL Middlesbrough Wycombe delay is in making sure we lose players and bring none in to try and do the impossible - I hope we have a youngster we haven’t seen yet who comes in and blazes away and we do the impossible as it would be pure Roy of the Rovers stuff 

Right im going to say it . 

Its all over within a week .

To me its now clear the way this is going the appeals are set for next week and if it doesnt go our way then a hastily arranged court decision after that . The EFL are scared to death of gibbo sueing them but going through a n appeal clears them   .Are you telling me now with the whole footy world and MP's now focusing on this are not BENDING certain ears cough cough . This appeal answers everything it gets the EFL of the hook and it clears them out the way for us . 

Rest assured somewhere in middlesbrough is one very angry man that really already knows the outcome of those appeals and the way its going to go .Rejoice young rammies its all about now who is going to put the highest bid in . Why this hasnt been organised with the appeal process alot earlier god only knows .Poss its needed it all of this so we can cough cough make sure of the right result ......god forbid i would suggest such things go off behind closed doors . 

I mean god forbid again that the middlesbrough bloke doesnt sit on the EFL meeting when Derby is being discussed but he makes damn well sure he bends all their ears BEFORE it !! . 

rant over ......THANK GOD ITS COMING TO AN END .

Somewhere in Boro land 

download (1).jpg

Edited by NottsRammy

58 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

For me, the arbitration panel has got 5 questions to answer:-

1 - Did DCFC knowingly break the rules?

2 - Did breaking the rules give them any sort of sporting advantage?

3 - Did this advantage stop Boro reaching the play offs?

4 - Would Boro have won the play offs?

5 - What NET amount did Boro not being promoted realistically deprive them of?

Unless answers 1 to 4 are all yes, there is no large claim for Boro. 

If answers 1 to 3 are all yes but 4 no, then there may be a claim for the play off gate receipts.

I would like to include a question amount the material advantage that Middlesbrough had over Derby county with the parachute payments that season and how they failed to finish higher in the league 

48 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

By doing a deal out of court. It’s really not worth the risk at all!!!

Anyone thinking this is a cut and dried case is in cloud cuckoo land. There is a reason why all these millionaires with legal teams have been put off you know!

So here we are 60% chance we’ll win and 40% we’re getting liquidated at a guess.

And the admins cannot legally "do a deal" as they would be breaking insolvency law by not protecting assets for the benefit of the other creditors. So they could be sued. 

So that is not an option for the admins. 

So without that route, was there any other way out? 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No one said we were even paying a penny for any loans that may have come in - the EFL Middlesbrough Wycombe delay is in making sure we lose players and bring none in to try and do the impossible - I hope we have a youngster we haven’t seen yet who comes in and blazes away and we do the impossible as it would be pure Roy of the Rovers stuff 

In that case this is purely coincidental...or a Mother of Conspiracies.