The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Rev said:

In fairness, those debts are owed to their owner.

Not suppliers, other football clubs, and the taxman.

How does the MSD debt secured on pride park work? If Mel owns the ground, then does that not mean the MSD loan is actually his, and he as the owner (at the time) lent it to the club. Or am I wrong about that?

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sky does on-the-record interview with Parry about how they are the good guys who will 'work night and day' to save Derby.

In the same story, 'a source' regurgitates old figures to paint Derby as a massive financial basket case that no one would buy.

Whoever could this source possibly be?

If only we had a shortlist of senior people involved in league football that the journalist had spoken to that day!

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Find in favor of Boro/WW to a significant extent and it's goodnight.

Yes of course. But I am hopeful that a) They won't find against us and b) If they do then it won't reach anywhere near the value of the claims that are being made.

The Sky report indicates that we could then refer it a civil court. I think that is because the matter is a civil tort but I am not clear as to how that affects the 'binding' arbitration finding.

31 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’ll be honest I don’t think the EFL are the bad guys that they are seemingly painted with all the time, more that they are just a bit useless…saying that it’s slightly interesting that this is going to arbitration after the transfer window!

Trevor Birch was basically sacked by us and he had to work with the poison dwarf when he was here. Two of the club representatives on the EFL board are Boro and Forest. The other championship representative is peter ridsdale who until recently was banned from being a director thanks to his previous sterling work in football.

I think its at least a little possible that they are both incompetent and the bad guys

11 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Sky does on-the-record interview with Parry about how they are the good guys who will 'work night and day' to save Derby.

In the same story, 'a source' regurgitates old figures to paint Derby as a massive financial basket case that no one would buy.

Whoever could this source possibly be?

If only we had a shortlist of senior people involved in league football that the journalist had spoken to that day!

It's also remarkable that this 'source' - let's call then Phnarry - is shocked and stunned by a championship club having £60m of total debts, but apparently completely cool with another championship club demanding £40m compensation from a liquidation-threatened rival for finishing seventh rather than sixth.

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

How does the MSD debt secured on pride park work? If Mel owns the ground, then does that not mean the MSD loan is actually his, and he as the owner (at the time) lent it to the club. Or am I wrong about that?

As @RadioactiveWaste says, who knows?

My best guess is the club owe the money, which replaced Mel's own investment on recent years, but if things go tits up Mel will be personally liable to repay it, seeing as he owns the ground.

Similar to the way the Glazers bought Man Utd through a loan secured on the club itself, rather than them personally.

Happy to be corrected though, if anyone knows better.

15 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Yes of course. But I am hopeful that a) They won't find against us and b) If they do then it won't reach anywhere near the value of the claims that are being made.

The Sky report indicates that we could then refer it a civil court. I think that is because the matter is a civil tort but I am not clear as to how that affects the 'binding' arbitration finding.

Is it a case of the arbitration panel decides if they have a case for compensation and how much (assuming this as an LAP considered Boro’s application to seek compensation by being added to the stadium valuation case)?

And if it is found in their favour, then a civil case would rule on the point of law as to whether they are a creditor or not.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Have the mp's any influence on the makeup of the panel? 

No but the arbiters are selected for their expertise in a particular field. While it says the findings are binding I have just discovered there are Rights to challenge/appeal awards on the grounds of lack of substantive jurisdiction. So there is a right of appeal to a higher court if grounds exist for doing so.

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

No but the arbiters are selected for their expertise in a particular field. While it says the findings are binding I have just discovered there are Rights to challenge/appeal awards on the grounds of lack of substantive jurisdiction. So there is a right of appeal to a higher court if grounds exist for doing so.

I guess that might come into play if the EFL try to override statutory insolvency law?