The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I don’t think it makes much business sense or common sense to have a hand in potentially getting rid of your local rival, when you aren’t doing well it’s the fixture that often sells out. It’s part of the passion of each set of supporters. Any forest fan saying they want Derby liquidated obviously doesn’t properly support forest.  

True - but haven’t they been trying to sign Lee Buchanan on the cheap? There’s a conflict of interest.

13 minutes ago, SBW said:

You're not getting my point.  You are addressing the matter of them not making a claim.  I am not saying they should have dealt directly with Wycombe and Boro off the bat...

But this issue hasn't just occurred...

Looks to me like it was ignorantly forgotten about...

It's been a huge oversight. 

You have a time machine then? Everything you point out - including how Admin should have acted in a certain way months ago - is based around the past.

Where do we go from HERE?!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You have a time machine then? Everything you point out - including how Admin should have acted in a certain way months ago - is based around the past.

Where do we go from HERE?!

I'm raising my concerns, on a message board, about how I believe Q are failing and that although the EFL are most certainly looking to do what they can to take the club down, Q could have done more.

Why do you come on the board and talk about a game after it has finished? 

1 minute ago, SBW said:

I'm raising my concerns, on a message board, about how I believe Q are failing and that although the EFL are most certainly looking to do what they can to take the club down, Q could have done more.

So you have no answer.

Where do we go from here. Not where might we have gone!

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

True - but haven’t they been trying to sign Lee Buchanan on the cheap? There’s a conflict of interest.

I think when the board of the EFL has its members sitting on it, most things can be brought back to a conflict of interest. Like the fact Stephen Pearce was on it for ages.

The problem isn't that the EFL believe that Boro and Wycombes' claims have merit or that they're football debts. From all that I've read, the EFL are not claiming either of those things.

What the EFL are saying is that the claims have to be dealt with according to their rules, which means an arbitration panel. If the panel finds against us and awards compensation, that would be a footballing debt. That's the reason why they will not sanction a restructuring plan - it bypasses the EFL's dispute resolution system. Indeed, I suspect that the EFL are fairly certain that we'd actually win the cases, so football wouldn't implode.

On reflection, I don't think it's actually the risk of losing the cases which is actually stopping bidders from closing. I think that it's they don't believe that Derby County is worth what it would take to get a CVA, and the 'cases' are effectively preventing a restructuring plan.

Impossible to know the numbers, but maybe £50m including the stadium is thought viable, but £75m isn't. Throw in the very outside chance of losing the cases and it all falls apart.

Assuming we don't just walk away and take our chances in whatever tier will takes us, we've either got to get the cases dropped, heard or get a better bid. As fans, the third option is the best as we would avoid a further points deduction. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you have no answer.

Where do we go from here. Not where might we have gone!

I'd not an administrator 'earning' about £700 an hour.

What I would do, I have mentioned elsewhere, however.  I would seek to sell every asset out of contract in the summer that is unlikely to sign a new deal in League One.  Save the wages, obtain as much instant cash as possible.  See what impact that has on the funds needed, suspect it would ease a couple of million.  That would have been my first port of call Jan 1st.  

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

The problem isn't that the EFL believe that Boro and Wycombes' claims have merit or that they're football debts. From all that I've read, the EFL are not claiming either of those things.

What the EFL are saying is that the claims have to be dealt with according to their rules, which means an arbitration panel. If the panel finds against us and awards compensation, that would be a footballing debt. That's the reason why they will not sanction a restructuring plan - it bypasses the EFL's dispute resolution system. Indeed, I suspect that the EFL are fairly certain that we'd actually win the cases, so football wouldn't implode.

You've said what i've been trying to say for the past hour or two, but far more effectively and concise. 

Just now, SBW said:

So you can't comment on what you think they 'should have done' then.

1 minute ago, SBW said:

What I would do, I have mentioned elsewhere, however.  I would seek to sell every asset out of contract in the summer that is unlikely to sign a new deal in League One.  Save the wages, obtain as much instant cash as possible.  See what impact that has on the funds needed, suspect it would ease a couple of million.  That would have been my first port of call Jan 1st.  

£5 and sixpence. Plus we're relegated. What does that do to the value of the Club, which currently looks like it could continue to be a Championship club.

2 minutes ago, SBW said:

Why would Clubs pay money for players in January knowing that they can get them for free a few months later as they will be out of contract 

39 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Have Boro made any public statement whatsoever to anyone about their claim? Look at the chaos they have caused just by sending an email to the EFL. If they were just asked by someone to make a statement it would be a start. Why doesn’t the sports minister ask them to explain their claim?

Gibson has spoken to their fans forum owner about them and he is clearly unhinged. And clearly getting info from his mate on the EFL Board. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why would Clubs pay money for players in January knowing that they can get them for free a few months later as they will be out of contract 

If this cannot be resolved then surely the only course of action is to sell what we can to gather the money to keep us going until the end of the season? If the priority is the club's survival and no bidders are willing to move forward whilst these claims are being held against us then I'm struggling to see any other options available. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

If this cannot be resolved then surely the only course of action is to sell what we can to gather the money to keep us going until the end of the season? If the priority is the club's survival and no bidders are willing to move forward whilst these claims are being held against us then I'm struggling to see any other options available

Well in their statement on Friday evening Quantuma did say they would hope to get proof of funds.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well in their statement on Friday evening Quantuma did say they would hope to get proof of funds.

I think that's where it comes down to stuff only Quantuma know about. Are they able to get us 6/7 million quid in loans to see us through this period that can satisfy the EFL and help to get us out of this quandary. I suspect if it was that simple then they wouldn't have told Rooney player sales are now out of his hands. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you can't comment on what you think they 'should have done' then.

£5 and sixpence. Plus we're relegated. What does that do to the value of the Club, which currently looks like it could continue to be a Championship club.

So you don't ever comment on footballer's play, as you can't do it yourself?  What a horrendous argument.

Selling players who will walk for free in the summer, meanwhile saving their wages (saving millions as a result) when relegation is extremely likely anyway.  It wont impact the value of the club, cos those assets are going to go for nothing.