The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Complain all you like about deadlines etc, but quite frankly I couldn't give a toss if their communication skills upset people just as long as the job gets done in the end!

If they weren't so incompetent the job end could quite likely have been well before now. Their poor communication skills highlight their lack of competence. No doubt as I've already said they took the job either a) because they'd lose nothing, they get paid regardless of the outcome for us and/or b) they're too arrogant to realise they weren't up to the job!

Edited by RoyMac5

As we sit around waiting for the mess to be sorted. I wonder now if Mel would have been better to have gone into Admin 6 months earlier? No claims from Boro and Wycombe , and Wayne could have had us back up this season and made the club a lot more attractive to purchasers. Hindsight and all that??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There seems to be a widespread inability to separate poor communication from overall competence. That combined with a misappropriation of blame whenever things don't go to plan is a lethal combination.

We didn't enter administration for a laugh. In the financial position Mel Morris left us, even before considering the extra problems he created with the EFL and Steve Gibson etc, liquidation was a very real possibility and perhaps even the most likely outcome. People appear to have forgotten just how much of a poo-show was inherited

Very few people would have touched the job. Part of a (particularly unbalanced) Athletic article the other week included one would-be practitioner saying they wouldn't have taken the job on unless the stadium was included in the first place, but they also recognised that there was no way of forcing that to happen. It struck me as a bit odd to say the least - it's too hard a job for them to take on, but they'll criticise those who did when it proves difficult? Nice one, Gerald.

The only thing that matters is that there is a buyer, anything more than that - avoiding further points penalties from not paying 25% and not paying player wages - is a bonus. That we are currently in a position of completing a deal that provides those bonuses is evidence in itself that the claims of gross incompetence are pretty far fetched.

Yes, some things could have been handled better, that will always be the case in a complex deal like this. Imperfection isn't incompetence. Incompetence would have seen us fold months ago, or starting next season with a points deduction that far exceeds even last season's.

Complain all you like about deadlines etc, but quite frankly I couldn't give a toss if their communication skills upset people just as long as in the end the job gets done in the end!

Indeed - it's hard to defend Quantuma's 'deadline' communication, but I suspect that they deserve a huge amount of credit for untangling the rats nest left by Mel Morris. Assuming this final hurdle gets cleared  they have had a big hand in rescuing our club.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Indeed - it's hard to defend Quantuma's 'deadline' communication, but I suspect that they deserve a huge amount of credit for untangling the rats nest left by Mel Morris. Assuming this final hurdle gets cleared  they have had a big hand in rescuing our club.

Do you not think that was down to Pearce, he knows where 'the bodies are buried'.

I presume it's not happening today.

Quantuma didn't even say when they expect it to be completed this time.

There isn't the usual Twittersphere speculation.

Nixon has started his weekend early.

@Owen87ITK has disappeared off the planet - on holiday?

The corner flag is well out of the way in the store cupboard.

Anyone down at Moor Farm to watch the trialists put through their paces - or are we not allowed to use it anymore?

Anything else happening?  I might as well do some work then. Ah well.

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

This communication was brought to you by Quantuma’s St.Austell division.

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I bet Craptuma have something in their T&C’s, which means they can charge for a full month for July?

dont worry, they will stretch it out for longer than that

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

As we sit around waiting for the mess to be sorted. I wonder now if Mel would have been better to have gone into Admin 6 months earlier? No claims from Boro and Wycombe , and Wayne could have had us back up this season and made the club a lot more attractive to purchasers. Hindsight and all that??‍♂️

Or, paid his bloody bills and then sold us at the end of the season for far more than he has got out of the stadium, like any sensible businessman.

I mean, he could have rang Mike Ashley and said "hey Mike, fancy buying Derby for 30 million, stadium and everything" and Mike would probably have snapped his hand off.

Unfortunately, Mel thinks he knows what he is doing, but very clearly doesn't know his arse from his elbow.