The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Took under an hour? 

If EFL had any they'd take a big stick to Derby who having argued in court that Pride Park was 'worth' £81m has just seen it sold for £22m.

Yeah, their owner would never write off any loans to the club to avoid any financial penalt... oh, wait.

34 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I found this from a Bristol Rovers programme in 1985 & even then we were described as the main attraction

I'm looking forward to next season even if it gets a bit bumpy

1656341344327.1.jpg

Bet Ploppys dad wrote it !!

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This bloke makes Mr Ploppy look well balanced :

Screenshot_20220627-163302-01.jpeg.69d8416ace64bd51ef928effc32570aa.jpeg

I must have missed that particular Court appearance we made. 

Someone should explain the concept of a Buyer's Market to him, though it might be an impossible job even in words of one syllable. 

Most intelligent man in Bristol

I don't know whether this has been posted or not, but there was an interview this morning on Radio Derby with several of the people David Clowes worked with when he was a Captain flying 747's.

They said that he was the complete opposite to our previous owner.  Comments included was that he 'was one of the nicest men  ever met.'  'Nothing was too much trouble for him.' He still enjoys flying. 'He was an absolute gentleman' and 'a thoroughly good man.'  'No airs and graces'. 'Genuinely nice man.' 'Loved the cups of tea I made for him.' 'Brilliant pilot'.

One of his ex-colleagues said that having spent his early days on the terraces at the Baseball Ground, he'll find it hard if he can't watch the games from the terraces any more.

I thought it was nice to hear what those who have previously worked with him thought about him. Seems he was highly liked and regarded.

I hope that all of this augers well. I'm certainly encouraged by how fast we are moving to a conclusion and his dignified silence so far.

He doesn't seem to be an egotist or the kind of person to mess us about.

Edited by Miggins

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

I don't know whether this has been posted or not, but there was an interview this morning on Radio Derby with several of the people David Clowes worked with when he was a Captain flying 747's.

They said that he was the complete opposite to our previous owner.  Comments included was that he 'was one of the nicest men  ever met.'  'Nothing was too much trouble for him.' He still enjoys flying. 'He was an absolute gentleman' and 'a thoroughly good man.'  'No airs and graces'. 'Genuinely nice man.' 'Loved the cups of tea I made for him.'

One of his ex-colleagues said that having spent his early days on the terraces at the Baseball Ground, he'll find it hard if he can't watch the games from the terraces any more.

I thought it was nice to hear what those who have previously worked with him thought about him. Seems he was highly liked and regarded.

I hope that all of this augers well. I'm certainly encouraged by how fast we are moving to a conclusion and his dignified silence so far.

Hopefully he can get us flying this season and beyond.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

I just hope DC refrains from making any (never mind regular) appearances on Talksport.

I want him to ring in on a 25 minute drunken, swear filled rant about the fans after we boo off a load of kids having lost 2.0 at home on the first day....... (joke)

Might take the heat off the club in the media for a bit.

15 minutes ago, Miggins said:

They said that he was the complete opposite to our previous owner.  Comments included was that he 'was one of the nicest men  ever met.'  'Nothing was too much trouble for him.' He still enjoys flying. 'He was an absolute gentleman' and 'a thoroughly good man.'  'No airs and graces'. 'Genuinely nice man.' 'Loved the cups of tea I made for him.' 'Brilliant pilot'.

He doesn't seem to be an egotist or the kind of person to mess us about.

Good to hear, I don't think we'll see too much of Clowes in the public arena.

Pedant mode - I don't believe British Midland had any 747s ?

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

I think it was something with 7's in it! 737? ?

In 2000 he joined British Midland, based at East Midlands Airport, firstly as a First Officer on the Fokker 100 and Fokker 70 aircraft.

He later moved on to the Boeing 737, being promoted to Captain in December 2004 and continued working for British Midland until 2012.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2022-06-24/meet-the-rams-fan-and-former-pilot-behind-the-latest-bid-to-buy-derby-county

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

In 2000 he joined British Midland, based at East Midlands Airport, firstly as a First Officer on the Fokker 100 and Fokker 70 aircraft.

He later moved on to the Boeing 737, being promoted to Captain in December 2004 and continued working for British Midland until 2012.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2022-06-24/meet-the-rams-fan-and-former-pilot-behind-the-latest-bid-to-buy-derby-county

You just know there's a joke there somewhere... ?