The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

No wonder that the efl hasn't dished out a 10+ point further penalty.

We can't get the players we need to rebuild the team, no wonder that Rooney left.

We will be fighting for survival in League one.

Good Night GIF

7 minutes ago, Oldben said:

We can't get the players we need to rebuild the team, no wonder that Rooney left.

As I posted earlier, those are the punishments set out in the agreed decision for READING FAILING P&S.

30 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think people are over-estimating League One. The average wage in the division is somewhere in the region of what a good second hand car salesmen makes. In fact, it's known that a lot of the better players prefer to play in the National League as it's part time and they can earn the same amount of money than they can playing full-time in League One and Two. 

Look at Rotherham - 

16/17 - relegated from the Championship
17/18 - promoted to the Championship
18/19 - relegated from the Championship
19/20 - promoted to the Championship
20/21 - relegated from the Championship
21/22 - promoted to the Championship 

Rotherham are a team that in League One averages around £8m in turnover, with a wage bill of around £5m (in League One 2020) which also includes salaries for all 159 workers. 

There can be no excuses for a team of our size, turnover, stature for being anything other than competitive in League One. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because again we're in so much do-do that we've had to rely on 'local people' to buy us for more than we're worth. I've no dount MA wanted to buy us but and wanted a long term investment, hence 10 year rent free, but not at 'any price' - no-one else bar Clowes wanted us at 'any price either'!

Agree about Ashley's approach Roy - it's his tried and tested way of building his fortune and it works for him. However, when he sold Newcastle, I read an article analysing his investment there over his 13 years tenure that concluded that his net gain amounted to £60k. Not a bad return for that length of time in the precarious minefield of football club ownership but nothing like the vast profits that he has made on the High Street.

So what did he get out of owning Newcastle and why was he interested in acquiring Derby County?

I'm a mere layman when it comes to big business but I think he used it as a successful flagship to build and develop the Sports Direct Empire. His involvement with Newcastle was an excellent advertising vehicle in that respect and I suspect that it made him untold millions, which of course is not reflected anywhere in the balance sheets of NUFC.

When he left Newcastle he took almost no goodwill with him. He was much disliked by the fanbase which we have aired in this thread many times and we acknowledge the different expectations of them and us. We're also different to Newcastle in that we see our club as an essential part of the Derbyshire community whereas for the past 30 odd years, Newcastle has aspired to become a global brand. In the community aspect, I think David Clowes brings that understanding with him, which would have been missing under Ashley. Remember 'We Are Derby.' That's very important to us.

While not wanting to dwell too much on Ashley's unpopularity in the Toon, among the most bitter things that were levelled at him was his neglect of the stadium, training ground and the Academy. I think most of us realise the importance of maintaining those areas for the future of our club. The performance of the young players over the past two seasons has amplified that. That realisation will be foremost I would hope in the thoughts of a local owner. The Academy is of the utmost importance to us.

As for David Clowes wanting us at any price, just how much is he paying over the minimum bid to buy the club, which seems to be the figure that equated to Kirchner's bid?

As far as I know, we don't yet know exactly how much the whole bid for the club and the stadium amounts to.

I think on here, a few weeks ago Ghost of Clough in his analysis of what it would take above the minimum bid to acquire the club, to ensure we avoided another 15 points penalty, was not far above £1m. I'm sure GoC will correct me if that's not right.

If that's all it took for David Clowes to ensure this then he could very well recover that excess many times over IF we were to achieve promotion next May.  

My understanding is that he has had to pay around £23m to acquire the stadium. We know the difficulties the Morris stadium ownership presented in that respect and it would have come cheaper if the stadium had also been in administration but it wasn't. Clowes Developments business is property acquisition and development. Under normal circumstances they might have thought that £23m for Pride Park was a snip and I sincerely hope that the value of the estate to them quickly grows.

So, perhaps in the long term, CD will soon recover any extra amount they have chosen to pay to make us all happy. Let's hope so. Think back a week Roy, we were absolutely desperate. We could not afford to hang around any longer waiting for Mike Ashley to scuttle the opposition and then beat his own bid down to the bare bones as he grappled with the administrators.

Several times in this thread I have said that I would welcome Ashley because he would be so much better than Mel Morris. I still think that but now the dust is beginning to settle I am delighted and much more comfortable that Clowes Development is seemingly to be our new custodians. 

On a final note, if poor old Mike is devastated at the thought that he will not be able to watch us next season, I am sure he will be more than welcome to walk across the car park from his shop to the ticket office and purchase a sponsored hospitality box for Sports Direct. It might pay for itself in advertising revenue ??

COYR

6 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Several times in this thread I have said that I would welcome Ashley because he would be so much better than Mel Morris. I still think that but now the dust is beginning to settle I am delighted and much more comfortable that Clowes Development is seemingly to be our new custodians. 

On a final note, if poor old Mike is devastated at the thought that he will not be able to watch us next season, I am sure he will be more than welcome to walk across the car park from his shop to the ticket office and purchase a sponsored hospitality box for Sports Direct. It might pay for itself in advertising revenue ??

COYR

Sorry, but I just skipped to the end to see what you were concluding.

All's well that ends well. #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Agree about Ashley's approach Roy - it's his tried and tested way of building his fortune and it works for him. However, when he sold Newcastle, I read an article analysing his investment there over his 13 years tenure that concluded that his net gain amounted to £60k. Not a bad return for that length of time in the precarious minefield of football club ownership but nothing like the vast profits that he has made on the High Street.

So what did he get out of owning Newcastle and why was he interested in acquiring Derby County?

I'm a mere layman when it comes to big business but I think he used it as a successful flagship to build and develop the Sports Direct Empire. His involvement with Newcastle was an excellent advertising vehicle in that respect and I suspect that it made him untold millions, which of course is not reflected anywhere in the balance sheets of NUFC.

When he left Newcastle he took almost no goodwill with him. He was much disliked by the fanbase which we have aired in this thread many times and we acknowledge the different expectations of them and us. We're also different to Newcastle in that we see our club as an essential part of the Derbyshire community whereas for the past 30 odd years, Newcastle has aspired to become a global brand. In the community aspect, I think David Clowes brings that understanding with him, which would have been missing under Ashley. Remember 'We Are Derby.' That's very important to us.

While not wanting to dwell too much on Ashley's unpopularity in the Toon, among the most bitter things that were levelled at him was his neglect of the stadium, training ground and the Academy. I think most of us realise the importance of maintaining those areas for the future of our club. The performance of the young players over the past two seasons has amplified that. That realisation will be foremost I would hope in the thoughts of a local owner. The Academy is of the utmost importance to us.

As for David Clowes wanting us at any price, just how much is he paying over the minimum bid to buy the club, which seems to be the figure that equated to Kirchner's bid?

As far as I know, we don't yet know exactly how much the whole bid for the club and the stadium amounts to.

I think on here, a few weeks ago Ghost of Clough in his analysis of what it would take above the minimum bid to acquire the club, to ensure we avoided another 15 points penalty, was not far above £1m. I'm sure GoC will correct me if that's not right.

If that's all it took for David Clowes to ensure this then he could very well recover that excess many times over IF we were to achieve promotion next May.  

My understanding is that he has had to pay around £23m to acquire the stadium. We know the difficulties the Morris stadium ownership presented in that respect and it would have come cheaper if the stadium had also been in administration but it wasn't. Clowes Developments business is property acquisition and development. Under normal circumstances they might have thought that £23m for Pride Park was a snip and I sincerely hope that the value of the estate to them quickly grows.

So, perhaps in the long term, CD will soon recover any extra amount they have chosen to pay to make us all happy. Let's hope so. Think back a week Roy, we were absolutely desperate. We could not afford to hang around any longer waiting for Mike Ashley to scuttle the opposition and then beat his own bid down to the bare bones as he grappled with the administrators.

COYR

I keep saying if he wants to sooner the ground he can and all he needs to do is pay 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think people are over-estimating League One. The average wage in the division is somewhere in the region of what a good second hand car salesmen makes. In fact, it's known that a lot of the better players prefer to play in the National League as it's part time and they can earn the same amount of money than they can playing full-time in League One and Two. 

Look at Rotherham - 

Rotherham are a team that in League One averages around £8m in turnover, with a wage bill of around £5m (in League One 2020) which also includes salaries for all 159 workers. 

There can be no excuses for a team of our size, turnover, stature for being anything other than competitive in League One. 

And we can fill PP and make it a fortress!

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Look at Rotherham - 

league one is not an easy league. 

the wages and budget are irrelevant, if people go into this expecting to do well even with a make shift team then we will be mistaken.

its not always about having the best players, your mentality has to be right for this division every week. it will be every teams cup final against us, we will need to be at it more than other teams just to compete

and the wage restrictions means we are going to have to make use of what we have got. if we sign a load of players on big money and dont make it out we will linger for a long time.

Edited by alram

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Look at Rotherham - 

Tell that to Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday , Ipswich ,Portsmouth etc.