The Administration Thread

Boycie

31 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, Clowes apparently still shopping around for cash backers so I can't see a deal getting over the line any time soon.

Who says Clowes is seeking cash backers? I think he will be flexible and work together with whoever offers the best deal .. Ashley if necessary. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I am hoping that the loan provided as funding for the season was budgeted to include the contract offers we have allegedly made as per the retained list submitted. That way we might not be able to add new faces but could at the very least extend the contracts of some of the existing squad. If we had say Cashin, Davies, Thomson, Kazim and Foz on top of the other lads on that retained list we would be in a slightly stronger position until a takeover is done. Might be wishful thinking on my part of course and would also depend on the players willingness to re-sign

I would like to think the loan covers what has been the current annual wage bill. That way when all the uncontracted players leave there is a budget to be spent within

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I am hoping that the loan provided as funding for the season was budgeted to include the contract offers we have allegedly made as per the retained list submitted. That way we might not be able to add new faces but could at the very least extend the contracts of some of the existing squad. If we had say Cashin, Davies, Thomson, Kazim and Foz on top of the other lads on that retained list we would be in a slightly stronger position until a takeover is done. Might be wishful thinking on my part of course and would also depend on the players willingness to re-sign

Yep, I did hear a couple of those had turned down our offers, of course conversations could still be ongoing or there might be no other takers. 

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, Clowes apparently still shopping around for cash backers so I can't see a deal getting over the line any time soon.

If this is the article about seeking additional investment from Richard Reilly I interpreted it differently.  I took it as DC has his bid in but is looking for potential investors once he’s taken over.  That’s due to the fact that Richard Reilly has shares in QPR would need to be sold first.  A bit dubious about this though as I’m sure Richard Reilly pulled  out of funding Appleby’s bid in February.  And why would he swap minority shares in a Championship club for minority shares in a L1 club.

If DC said at 10:00 on Friday morning his bid was going in that day and all the paperwork has gone to the EFL, including proof and source of funds, he would have everything in place.

34 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes this hiatus between DC buying the stadium and possibly buying the club costs us a few more valuable days. 

But the loan is in place and there is certainty that there WILL be a takeover confirmed within days. So hopefully someone (!) is now able to move forward with plans for the squad even if players can’t yet be signed 

Not so certain the takeover will be confirmed in days if Clowes is still searching for backers.

14 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

There once was man who did prattle,
Always posting pro-EFL tattle,
Gave more credence to them,
Than his fellow Derby men,
Not a man you’d trust in a battle.

C-

Marker’s comments: 

The rhyming is impeccable and content apposite. You wisely avoid those two easily confused words, infer and imply. BUT (sadly it’s a very big but) - 2 out of 5 lines don’t scan !!! 

(I-Ram has the same problem. What it is with you guys ? No sense of  rhythm -  are you by any chance a $hit dancer too ? )

Oh and you need to learn to proofread 

Do you want some coaching via PM? 

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

If this is the article about seeking additional investment from Richard Reilly I interpreted it differently.  I took it as DC has his bid in but is looking for potential investors once he’s taken over.  That’s due to the fact that Richard Reilly has shares in QPR would need to be sold first.  A bit dubious about this though as I’m sure Richard Reilly pulled  out of funding Appleby’s bid in February.  And why would he swap minority shares in a Championship club for minority shares in a L1 club.

If DC said at 10:00 on Friday morning his bid was going in that day and all the paperwork has gone to the EFL, including proof and source of funds, he would have everything in place.

It’s all a mess that seems to be getting sorted, basically no one wanted to deal with MM about the stadium so RC has now bought it and if he buys the club as well then we are very quickly ripe for selling as a package and I will not be surprised in the slightest if Ashley or AA buy the package from RC in a much more sensible way with us just hearing that they have concluded the deal 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep, I did hear a couple of those had turned down our offers, of course conversations could still be ongoing or there might be no other takers. 

Even if it’s just Davies, Cashin and Thommo, in fact even just one more body is an improvement! Should be another interesting week on the rollercoaster of DCFC 

6 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think it was Rich Riley who was the Appleby backer. @Charlotte Ram previously pointed out that he was not the same guy who was involved with QPR.

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I am hoping that the loan provided as funding for the season was budgeted to include the contract offers we have allegedly made as per the retained list submitted. It has to have been based on something to decide on a figure to be loaned.

That way we might not be able to add new faces but could at the very least extend the contracts of some of the existing squad. If we had say Cashin, Davies, Thomson, Kazim and Foz on top of the other lads on that retained list we would be in a slightly stronger position until a takeover is done. Might be wishful thinking on my part of course and would also depend on the players willingness to re-sign

At this time who is going to extend them, the administrators won't have any input to extend players contracts, that is not their remit. Doubtful Rosenior will have the authority as he is only acting caretaker until the club is bought out of administration. 

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

At this time who is going to extend them, the administrators won't have any input to extend players contracts, that is not their remit. Doubtful Rosenior will have the authority as he is only acting caretaker until the club is bought out of administration. 

It is reported by a couple of sources in the media and on the retained list on the EFL site that contract terms were already offered to a number of players so if those reports are accurate someone has to have made that call already, meaning it could have been budgeted for.

The questions I have are do those offers still stand and who is willing to sign then with Rooney gone?

I put more stock in the retained list on the EFL site than media reports of course

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

Couldn’t He just close the deal then get backers? But it sounds like he’s hoping for the loan to be agreed with the EFL to be able to sign players etc whilst looking for cash investors, could drag on longer this

That appears to be what is happening - He's bought the stadium & provided funding for the season. If it is true that he's looking for additional investment then that shouldn't inhibit the purchase right now. 

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

C-

Marker’s comments: 

The rhyming is impeccable and content apposite. You wisely avoid those two easily confused words, infer and imply. BUT (sadly it’s a very big but) - 2 out of 5 lines don’t scan !!! 

(I-Ram has the same problem. What it is with you guys ? No sense of  rhythm -  are you by any chance a $hit dancer too ? )

Oh and you need to learn to proofread 

Do you want some coaching via PM? 

There once was a bloke on the forum

by god he could bloody well bore um

he thought he was right

Was shedding some light 

when really just talking old s**** 

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He’s already put down funding for this season, but I think he will happily sell the club if someone comes in. I think he just wanted us to have a chance this season and knew we couldn’t wait around any longer.

The club can run at a profit and still be highly competitive in this league. 

I quite like the idea that we run ourselves much more sustainably and that would imply more financial backing isn't a pre-requisite. 

However, I see a big disconnect between what many posters here are expecting in terms of incoming and what a modest rescue package and EFL business plan will allow.

I am thinking of a Bolton scenario, where we have a small young squad and a loyal band of followers who get that it is all going to take time.

I could live with that, I am unsure how many more could. 10,000? 

I am not sure how reflective of the active supporter base this forum actually is as all my match-going mates will 100% be there whatever the circumstances. I don't know any floating supporters so don't really know how they are thinking.

Just now, angieram said:

I quite like the idea that we run ourselves much more sustainably and that would imply more financial backing isn't a pre-requisite. 

However, I see a big disconnect between what many posters here are expecting in terms of incoming and what a modest rescue package and EFL business plan will allow.

I am thinking of a Bolton scenario, where we have a small young squad and a loyal band of followers who get that it is all going to take time.

I am not sure how reflective of the active supporter base this forum actually is as all my match-going mates will 100% be there whatever the circumstances. I don't know any floating supporters so don't really know how they are thinking.

Glad you clarified about it not being a prerequisite.

Stop worrying people lol ? 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Very well put, some are expecting promotion next season already, we won't be allowed any major signings and wages will be capped for 2 years if creditors are being paid 25%. Rebuild and survive next season has to be the objective.