The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, TomG said:

Now I don't want to sound like a 'Killjoy', but with DC being a wealthy, local businessman who is also a life-long Derby County fan, have we not all heard something not too dissimilar to this before from a certain Mel Morris?  Just sayin'!

Take your point but, from what I can gather, Mel made his money from speculating on new internet thingies at a time when, if you had a great idea, worked hard and got lucky, you could make shed loads. Nothing wrong with that.

But he used the same logic of speculating and hoping to be lucky with our club.

David Clowes, runs a solid, profitable business in a mature industry. I hope he does the same for us.

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

While wearing these...remember these Brailsford ?

image.thumb.png.575b27c61206e43514c95e7f20e578f4.png

I'm not that bloody old Alf and neither are you ?

DC is a proper businessman, not someone who invested and got their lucky break. I can see him as someone who steps in, stabilises the club for a season or 2 and sell on. Or another possible is he buys it and sell half as a joint venture with another bidder and slowly over time sells his shares. 

those that write this guy off because 'mel was a fan too' are so way off the mark

mel was a shocking person and businessman, doesnt matter if you are life long fan or not. he had no empathy and was in it for himself and himself alone.

this guy on paper is the dream owner and look at how he is moving this so quickly now. that is professionaism. at our time of need with the stadium he was there, and he is there again now when the club was in need. no bullcrap like the other parties, just straight to the point and do the deal.

the future for the first time in 3 years is looking bright. thank you mr clowes. i am sure it will be a learning experience for him but he deserves our patience and loyalty.

Edited by alram

56 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Is the Clowes headquarters at Ednaston the home once owned by Lionel Pickering ?

That would be a nice full circle moment I suppose

25th anniversary of the completion of Pride Park Stadium by Lionel next month

No. Lionel lived in Ednaston Manor on the A52. The Clowes HQ (Ednaston Business Centre) is a redevelopment of the old St. Mary's Nursing Home which is about 600 yards further along from the Manor towards Ashbourne.

From someone ITK, The money has only gone and got stuck in the Derbyshire building society, apparently 48 hours to clear after the weekend and August bank holiday ? 

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Lionel great man knew him when I played cricket for Brailsford and the Yew Tree at Ednaston was owned by him many a night down there him and Jim Smith would be in. Remember a surreal night when Jim Smith, Tosh Lines from The Bill (Kevin Lloyd) and Roy Wood from Wizzard were all in different parts of the pub.

Did you see my baby jive ?