The Administration Thread

Boycie

Great news. He’s a local business person and supporter who has got a business brain (unlike MM who basically got lucky). He’ll know the Gadsby and Kirkland clans through property interests and should provide us with a much more sure-footed if unspectacular future. I’d settle for a while without any media attention.

Edited by CheshRam

Just now, Norman said:

If Rooney, Cook and Stretford are all on the scene/staff in 2 week's time, then I will believe my gut instinct. 

Just got a feeling, that's all. 

I do recall CK referring to the person buying the ground as his “partner” in a tweet some weeks back…

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

David Clowes is a Derby fan, a business man and has funds, surely we couldn’t ask for anyone better, as a fan he is going to have the best interests of the club at heart.

Fingers crossed for him, the club and us. 
?????????????

Are you talking about Mel Morris or Mr Clowes?

Anyway I agree with your optimism, he was going to risk buying the ground with no club so his heart seems in the right place. I just hope he makes a modest start, assesses things properly and then invests in the team appropriately. I wouldn’t want a Hollywood approach next week tbh!

Edited by Gritstone Tup

This is good news.  If he’s successfully let’s hope he doesn’t let his heart rule his head and puts the right people around him.  I think there’s a difference between MM and DC.  MM has chased the fast buck and got a bit lucky in the IT world.  We saw that in how he ran the club.  DC has built his wealth through progress over time.  I hope he does the same here.

His wealth will still be a lot in L1 terms.  And it’s not all about how much you spend, it’s how you spend it and there’s no finer example than our club.  If his plan is a reset, stick to a plan with no hiring and firing cos the day ends in a Y, aim to get back in the Championship and then after 2 - 3 years sell to someone who can take it on to the next level that sounds very sensible.  It’s what Steve Morgan did at Wolves.