The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Too late for someone to start from the beginning at this stage.

We don't know who has been in conversations throughout - only who has gone public.

You offer enough in the right way, there is absolutely nothing to stop such a bidder.

41 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

He has only reported by his friends in the media that he has the cash ready ,if he has why not go public and make the claim from the horses mouth.

He’s done more than that to show he has the cash ready. People have seen it. And he did go public getting his media to report it. Q aren’t interested despite pressure from the EFL. Clearly they have other routes they are pursuing that are not him, but no one has proved funds other than MA as of now, that’s not to say that won’t change. 

Let’s hope whichever route they choose it isn’t another Kirchner. The more I hear the less confidence I have in Q.

53 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The Admins aren't talking to me either....perhaps its because I haven't bid.

How can you make a bid if admin won’t answer calls or engage with you? Unless you make a blind bid but then how do you know it’s going to be competitive?

The mystery bidder is actually James Dyson. He fears for his public profile that he's been seen spending too much time and doing too much with his companies outside of the UK, so he wants a mechanism to re-establish himself in British life. And sees Derby as a vehicle for doing that.*

*this is completely made up by me with not the slightest grain of truth, but wouldn't it be lovely?

52 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Morris took over the club with Sam as CEO. He gave Sam 5% of the shares of DCFC Limited and he continued as the CEO. At this time, Morris was dishing out money like confetti as he wanted to be seen as the generous benefactor that we now know he never was.

However, from day one Morris was making all of the day to day decisions in the running of the club, despite never having been involved in football before. When Morris wanted to be rid of an employee, from head coach downwards, he would instantly claim the individual was guilty of gross misconduct in the belief he would not have to settle the remaining contract period. However, Sam was a solicitor and invariably had to convince him that there were no grounds for gross misconduct. Consequently, Morris had to settle the contracts in full. I believe that he frittered away about £35m in doing this - McClaren twice, Clements, Pearson, Coco and all their coaches plus Rush and Keogh was ridiculously expensive.

Additionally Sam had persuaded Morris not to sack others that he intended to dismiss.

When it came to Sam's turn there was no one to rein Morris in and we had to listen to his infamous claptrap that "Sam had breached his fiduciary duties and I relish having my day in Court with him."

Sam was adamant from day one that he had done nothing wrong and he would fight for his dues. Sam was clear that he had never signed off a single transaction - that was Stephen Pearce's role - and that no decisions had been pursued without Morris authorising them. Sam was just another convenient scapegoat for Morris to deflect blame away from himself when things were going wrong. Sam won his tribunal claim and was awarded his outstanding salary. Morris then had to compensate him out of court for the value of the shares he had snatched back.

Morris made similar costly mistakes with Keogh after crying gross misconduct again.

Then last September we all finally found out who it really was that had been breaching his fiduciary duties.

Careful what you say Brailsford. 

But yes should think twice about trying to sue a solicitor. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

The mystery bidder is actually James Dyson. He fears for his public profile that he's been seen spending too much time and doing too much with his companies outside of the UK, so he wants a mechanism to re-establish himself in British life. And sees Derby as a vehicle for doing that.*

*this is completely made up by me with not the slightest grain of truth, but wouldn't it be lovely?

Well blow me....

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

How can you make a bid if admin won’t answer calls or engage with you? Unless you make a blind bid but then how do you know it’s going to be competitive?

You engage via solicitors.  You make a formal declaration.  

We have no idea what communication anyone has tried.  What there probably is is a process and to allow him to stay in until the end, but also not get too drawn he is likely not following the process.  This means he can say a) they won't engage b) he knows they won't engage until he wants to engage. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeh he'd hoover up all the debt in no time!!