The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

But the "bring Mike Ashley in" brigade don't see it.

15 points deduction next season will mean League Two the following season.

It’s also the dispiriting sense that every Saturday is a fight for survival rather than a sporting contest. I just hope it doesn’t happen 

10 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Good news

I think Morgan would be the best thing to happen to the Club in years.

My only fear is time and the EFL. I worry that if there is nothing concrete on the table at 5pm on Friday, the EFL could escalate things.

Quantuma need to get their fingers out and make something happen.

18 minutes ago, TomG said:

I'm beginning to think that there are dark forces at work here. They were at work to prevent us overcoming the 21 points deduction and they are at work with regards to the takeover!. Just my thoughts of course.

Sky have a strong hold on football in the UK. I notice they are no longer calling us “Wayne Rooney’s” Derby. Wazza and Stretford are not saying a word at the moment. P.S . Prem fixtures are out in the morning. Lots of predictions flying about. What’s the betting Sky fix it for Florists to play Liverpool 1st game , so Paul Mac can go and sing his big hit.

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sky have a strong hold on football in the UK. I notice they are no longer calling us “Wayne Rooney’s” Derby. Wazza and Stretford are not saying a word at the moment. P.S . Prem fixtures are out in the morning. Lots of predictions flying about. What’s the betting Sky fix it for Florists to play Liverpool 1st game , so Paul Mac can go and sing his big hit.

Eh???

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Eh???

Surely a tear to the eye as an octogenarian legend duets with a former Scottish fan’s favourite central back. Amazingly gracing the City Ground turf and segueing to  a rousing chorus of his ditty celebrating that part of Argyll that is now part of Notts ?

1 hour ago, TomG said:

I'm beginning to think that there are dark forces at work here. They were at work to prevent us overcoming the 21 points deduction and they are at work with regards to the takeover!. Just my thoughts of course.

Also mine. Efl want us to get another 15 point deduction. And for them to grab the glory for “saving us”. 

40 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Which one? Get Back to where you once belong, you Forest *****

10 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

@Unlucky Alf we love you man.

Thanks for the loving Hinton, I gather this is down to Steve Morgan and him appearing to be having talks, If this goes ahead then the information was down to a friend and not myself, I only passed the info on, Not ITK anymore and haven't been for a loooong time.

Fingers crossed aye?

9 hours ago, Big Trav said:

He was set to be announced as preferred bidder. Then admins cut the deal. Now Ashley is refusing to pay the fees from that point onwards as it’s ‘shady business practice’

He has really got you sucked in to his media campaign against the administrators,just because they won't dance to his tune doesn't mean it is "shady business practice" . Was that Ashleys comment or is it yours,if it's yours i hope you have proof.

1 hour ago, jono said:

It’s also the dispiriting sense that every Saturday is a fight for survival rather than a sporting contest. I just hope it doesn’t happen 

Yup, once with a spirited bunch of players with 22,000+ gates was palatable. Second time around in the depths of November with 15,000 at home v Accrington Stanley will be less so...

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

I think Morgan would be the best thing to happen to the Club in years.

My only fear is time and the EFL. I worry that if there is nothing concrete on the table at 5pm on Friday, the EFL could escalate things.

Quantuma need to get their fingers out and make something happen.

They cannot make anybody put an actual bid in 

6 hours ago, Albert said:

Let's not pretend increased revenues were going to stop teams bending the rules; they'd just be even more empowered to do so. 

Morris likely pushed for the changes as he stared down the financial blackhole he created, and when that failed, he left us to die, as we've seen. 

The man clearly has no idea how finance in football works, as has been laid bare by this whole fiasco, and he lacks the honour to clean up the mess that he created. Does anyone really believe that his push for more TV revenue was based on anything but fantasy at this point? 

Agreed. But also when he reached the stage when his losses became uncomfortable for him he changed overnight from the benevolent benefactor who promised to do for Derby what the Coates had done for Stoke. He stopped talking to us and didn’t tell us that he was no longer covering his losses. Only he and Pearce knew the seriousness of the situation he had created. We knew things weren’t what they used to be but the sudden unannounced fall into administration was shocking and humiliating. Even Rooney found out through watching Sky. He filed late on a Friday and then buried his head in the sand like an ostrich. It was like the man who hadn’t paid his mortgage for months and who had stopped opening the letters from the bank, answering the door to the bailiffs and handing them the keys. It was extremely cowardly and that I am afraid is the measure of the man.

Only in this case the charlatan got to keep the house.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

6 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

but....the EFL resented very deeply the Mel Morris criticism (interference?) over low media revenues, and his aim to multiply the paltry EFL TV deal from putative competitors to Sky, upon renewal - it made him a target. 

Other clubs chickened out of the breakaway as MM suggested, instead of still picking up crumbs from Sky TV's dog-dish, so  MM became a marked man - and the (new) EFL TV deal remained paltry.

Not making MM out to be a hero, of course he became a destructive ogre - but those same EFL issues remain: low revenues, and the  'parachute' imbalance - which impels owners to go for broke on FFP and P&S.

Even the most evil of folks could have some redeemable qualities or achievements if you dig down deep enough. I mean, Adolf worked wonders for the German rail infrastructure.

9 hours ago, LERam said:

This is the biggest sign something was going wrong.

He's an active man on twitter, then he's just disappeared. He's a coward in my eyes..... if its gone tits up, money not gone through, whatever, just be a man, explain you've messed up and apologise.

I don't agree with any abuse he or anyone else gets, but if he just said yeah look, my finances have gone to s***, it won't pass AML, whatever, then he'll get a lot more understanding voices. The worst thing you can do after giving it the biggun, is falling off the face of the earth 

Correct unless he is doing something in the background and cannot say. Just have that feeling although it often lets me down