The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Oi! don't be rude about my boyhood club.  Actually they are (last time I checked) pretty much debt free. 

Talent free as well, now Little has signed for FGR, you can see him play next season. My Dad has got a season ticket at Plainmoor so got a soft spot for the yellows.

5 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Maybe wrong but:

Unless CK becomes our owner Wayne Rooney will walk and I guess many of our players out of contract with him. We then face the prospect of appointing a new manager (if a quality person is available) and him recruiting new payers (say 25?). How long will that take?

I'm for waiting a bit longer to see if CK's monies are cleared.

You would think it would be in the best interest of everyone associated with the club that the CK deal goes through.

I can't help but feel there is some mischief making going on.

49 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Because the £28m includes purchase of the ground, leaving very little for the creditors.

If it's only £28 million including the stadium it doesn't sound like enough to keep us in the league. So Ed Dawes boast that Ashley has £28m  in cash ready is meaningless if that is including the stadium price as well. No surprise no one is talking to him if that is is best offer. 

Edited by PistoldPete

Quite a few of the posts on the last few pages refer to the -15 points with MA and no points deductions with CK.

Can anyone say with any assurance that we won't get any points deductions with CK?  Or even a Suspended -15 points deduction (being applied the first time the wages aren't paid on time, or HMRC claim we're in arrears)?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

We’re supposed to use the close season to rest up, instead of which we’ll be wrung out by the time the season starts ?

Wrung out indeed and it's only 9th. June! I already feel like I've been ridden hard and put away wet!! ? (The emoji is there for clarity in case anyone thinks my post is smutty).

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Q are not talking to Ashley. His £28m is basically what he bid in Jan and was not put forward, presumably because it didn’t give enough to creditors but that’s a logical guess.

Clearly they’re giving CK more time and I think Nixon is on the money it’s to do with the checks CK money is going through but obviously can’t keep it going forever. But CK is their preference. 

If it doesn’t go through Appleby is in pole position. As for his backer, refer you to Ed Dawes comment this morning there are plenty of people in Derbyshire with the money to do this deal and this person has been mentioned as already being involved in some way.

I don't know what else Ed Dawes has said he seems to be all over the place, but if Clowes is paying over £20 m just for the stadium he could easily just pay a few million more and outbid Ashley for the club as well. 

24 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I'll accept it may be a bit 'previous' but to paint it as 'precious' is <redacted>ing <redacted>

So, to answer my actual point, you agree that there is no substantive evidence to suggest that we will definitely be worse off under MA than CK (either in terms of an immediate point deduction- which was the main point of my query - or in the longer term).

Rather, there is speculation based on what he may or may not have done with a previous club vs the apparent absolute certainty that a man who has never owned a club before will be a wonderful owner who will do no wrong?  I do find that odd. 

I mean, I’m no great fan of Ashley and couldn’t care less if he became our owner or not, but if he does then I’ll judge him on how he runs us rather than what he did to a different club, in a different situation with different expectations and different infrastructure to start with. If he runs us into the ground then he will feel my wrath just as CK would and just as Mel has (and just as Maxwell did, and the Three Amigos and the League of Gentleman and the Americans (or as close as I get to wrath about football)).  I just see no point in getting into a tizzy about what might be, when what is is so catastrophic.

As another poster pointed out yesterday, didn't CK say recently he's already signed the contracts? If so, surely it's not that easy for one party or the other to get out of?

If it takes weeks for another bidder to get their deal over the line then we will be starting the season with no players.

13 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Seems ludicrous to me that after all this time, about turns, shenanigans etc..

we are prepared to pull the plug, when it has been officially confirmed

that the 'millions'  are in transit, and going through the system

what a difference a day makes eh

This is what's getting to me now.

Some bankers, somewhere, hold our fate in their hands. A deal could collapse because external forces act slowly, while the presence of and pressure from other external parasites and vultures mean we need things doing quickly.

It's currently beyond the control of anyone who's worked hard to get the deal to this stage what happens now, but people who've done bugger all but interfere from the sidelines stand to gain from it.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I do credit CK for getting the best deal for himself mate.

I just want DCFC to have a new owner. I've said before if CK gets the money through it's his, and off we go again. I'd prefer Ashley as we know more about his money and where it's from. I don't care what's been said about him not having the stadium painted or even that he sacked all the youngsters. I care that he left Newcastle in the Prem. Short-sighted maybe but I'd be happy for Mike to make his money and sell us as a Prem club. ?

But atm CK has the bat and the ball.

To the saudia arabias, who couldnt give a toss about human rights. Very comendable.of you.

Perhaps one for @Ghost of Clough...?

What would be our guesstimated income for next season if still in Administration and with no loans or external financial support, ie only club generated income?

Given that would most likely mean no Rooney; Knight and Bird sold average crowd would likely be hit. Would we say 15k average?

Income of circa £8m to £10m perhaps? 60% of income on first team player wages?

That would still allow for a 23-player first team squad to be on average wages of £4k-£5k per week.

Just an exercise in confirming that even in a 'Doomsday scenario' the club would still be viable as a League One entity.

And proof for B4 that - no matter what - the Rams will live on!