The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

“Still claiming that PP is worth 81m, despite likely sale price much lower…”

If it wasn’t clear before, this bloke has always had a serious agenda against us. 

81m is the fair value confirmed by independent valuers. There is no “claim”. It just is. It’s certainly with more than 20!

As for the sale being lower, that’s because all Morris wants to do is clear the debt written against it. Say what you like about him but he’s effectively giving the stadium to the club. That’s why he’s not asking for 81m.

It was Kieran Maguire who made all the noise after the EFL signed off our legal amortisation approach which kicked this whole thing off. Now he continues to stir things with charged phrasing like that. Nob head. 

Must be some accountant types on here. If the stadium us valued at 80 million and sold for 20 million will he be able to claim tax relief through is group of companies for the 60 million he "lost" 

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Must be some accountant types on here. If the stadium us valued at 80 million and sold for 20 million will he be able to claim tax relief through is group of companies for the 60 million he "lost" 

I don’t know, but he’d have to have a profit to offset it against before he could save any tax. If he’s losing money in all his businesses then it’s just another hit with no tax benefit. 

The thing that has always confused me in all this is .. if he bought the stadium from DCFC for 80 million, then where’s the money ? Ahh but you see he did a zillion “loans to the club” so presumably he cancelled some or all of those when he “bought”  the stadium. So no big lump of the folding stuff actually arrived in DFC’s bank.

Then he borrowed 20 million against it to keep us afloat during Covid I guess ?  Before we get in to any character assassination I think at the beginning of his tenure he settled the charge on the stadium help by the co-op bank ? How much was that I wonder ? 

It is such a tangled web it’s no surprise that it is all taking so long and has been so difficult. Just fingers crossed for the day I can buy a season ticket and a clean start in league 1 with a team to support at 3.00 PM on a Saturday. 

28 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t know, but he’d have to have a profit to offset it against before he could save any tax. If he’s losing money in all his businesses then it’s just another hit with no tax benefit. 

The thing that has always confused me in all this is .. if he bought the stadium from DCFC for 80 million, then where’s the money ? Ahh but you see he did a zillion “loans to the club” so presumably he cancelled some or all of those when he “bought”  the stadium. So no big lump of the folding stuff actually arrived in DFC’s bank.

Then he borrowed 20 million against it to keep us afloat during Covid I guess ?  Before we get in to any character assassination I think at the beginning of his tenure he settled the charge on the stadium help by the co-op bank ? How much was that I wonder ? 

It is such a tangled web it’s no surprise that it is all taking so long and has been so difficult. Just fingers crossed for the day I can buy a season ticket and a clean start in league 1 with a team to support at 3.00 PM on a Saturday. 

The timeline for getting season tickets is getting shorter. They need to start selling season tickets in June. Otherwise with holidays and whatnot you may not get yours before the new season starts . Crazy why we are not allowed to buy a season ticket. 

6 minutes ago, one_chop said:

A lot of people would probably pay by Credit card, with the clubs future in serious doubt those fans would be entitled to a refund off the Credit card company. Just a guess but that's probably the reason.

People were speculating exactly the same when they weren't selling season tickets last summer - it turned out to be untrue. I suspect it's more to do with the fact that our membership of the league next season won't be ratified until the takeover is completed. 

Until a new owner is in place, you can't sell any season tickets.  The new owner will want to decide at what price to pitch the season tickets, whether to offer them at a bargain price to get the fans through the door or maybe a higher price to help fund team building.

35 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Until a new owner is in place, you can't sell any season tickets.  The new owner will want to decide at what price to pitch the season tickets, whether to offer them at a bargain price to get the fans through the door or maybe a higher price to help fund team building.

Is that true? Half season tickets were sold last year under admin. Why can we not sell tickets for next season?  It makes no sense to me.

41 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Well for me I like idea of loyalty pricing like this season we had.

55 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Surely there's a sweet spot though between the two. 

You make out that setting a bargain price and getting fans through the door aren't mutually exclusive.

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Is that true? Half season tickets were sold last year under admin. Why can we not sell tickets for next season?  It makes no sense to me.

Those season tickets last season were for a period when Q were running the club and they needed the income from them. Potential new owners wouldn't have been able to complete the purchase until the end of January at the earliest (as we well know), which was months after the sale of last season's season tickets.

At the moment CK is funding the club, so funds aren't desperately needed. However, if he drops out and no other person takes over the burden, then I would expect Q will have to put the season tickets on sale to raise cash to finance the day to day running of the club.

19 hours ago, IslandExile said:

At the time CK exchanged contracts, I think there was a collective sigh of relief. We felt as though the nightmare was finally ending. Apart from a pun fest here and there, the most active topic was the one about the possible signings we would make.

Now, as we're nearing the end of May, and the associated deadlines, it's refocusing the mind.

This is it, ladies and gentlemen, Rams fans everywhere - it's now make or break time.

Is there a deal for the stadium? Will the club be saved?

?

Let's hope it's all proceeding well in the background and we're not in trouble. But just in case we are, here's a little light relief...

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Now I’m firmly in the optimistic camp that the takeover will happen and Derby County will continue to exist next season and beyond, however there is a realistic/pragmatic/cautious/bleak response to this question…How can you sell season tickets for a club that without a takeover being completed could cease to exist before the season starts?

The half season tickets were probably allowed last year as the club was always likely to source funding and be able to see out the season, our current predicament could, I stress COULD, play out into the dreaded liquidation scenario. So until the club’s future is secured and, as others have mentioned, there’s someone running the club in order to set prices and facilitate the selling of season tickets I guess it’s just something that is on hold, like everything else.

However, keep the faith, once a takeover happens I’m sure things like season tickets, squad building, kits etc will all move fairly quickly and we can get back to focusing on footballing matters  ? 

Just now, angieram said:

Can anyone explain to me why Chelsea can get a £4.25 billion sale from an owner who is embargoed due to an international war over the line in a fraction of the time it is taking around £55 million pounds of Derby County to be agreed and finalised?

Because Q are paid a day rate...

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Now I’m firmly in the optimistic camp that the takeover will happen and Derby County will continue to exist next season and beyond, however there is a realistic/pragmatic/cautious/bleak response to this question…How can you sell season tickets for a club that without a takeover being completed could cease to exist before the season starts?

The half season tickets were probably allowed last year as the club was always likely to source funding and be able to see out the season, our current predicament could, I stress COULD, play out into the dreaded liquidation scenario. So until the club’s future is secured and, as others have mentioned, there’s someone running the club in order to set prices and facilitate the selling of season tickets I guess it’s just something that is on hold, like everything else.

However, keep the faith, once a takeover happens I’m sure things like season tickets, squad building, kits etc will all move fairly quickly and we can get back to focusing on footballing matters  ? 

Yes we COULD go pop and fans who buy season tickets now could lose their money. That should be made clear. But if the club is starved of money by not being allowed to sell season tickets that only increases the chance sod the worst happening. Why would you do that?  

Just now, angieram said:

Can anyone explain to me why Chelsea can get a £4.25 billion sale from an owner who is embargoed due to an international war over the line in a fraction of the time it is taking around £55 million pounds of Derby County to be agreed and finalised?

Because they're a going concern and people are actually interested in buying the club perchance ?

And they're in the Premiership and Champions League and have won trophies recently and have a ground in a fashionable part of the capital.

Apart from that have no idea ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

We should be able to buy our season ticket with nectar points. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Surely there's a sweet spot though between the two. 

You make out that setting a bargain price and getting fans through the door aren't mutually exclusive.

I was hoping this would bee the start of a pun-fest.