The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Surely CK doesn’t want to ‘raise funds’ he wants us promoted. 

You can't just spend whatever you want in the football league. The limitations will be different in League 1, but we still have to contend with the same ffp limits if we get promoted. 

We need to get away from the "wealthy benefactor pouring money into the club" model if we dont want this to happen again. If we want to add anything other than free transfers on low wages the club will need to sell some of the few gems we have left

Again on Sky sports before the game they said that the reports of Chris Kirchner only paying 10 pence in the pound were 'wide of the mark.' Sky believe that the EFL have agreed to him paying 35 pence in the pound over 3 years meaning there will be no further points deductions.

Edited by Rammy03

2 minutes ago, sage said:

What I have heard today from Seabiscuit's mouth is...

He flies home tomorrow

He isn't back until May 3rd

The ground is still the biggest sticking point

After what he witnessed tonight, I'd be amazed if he didn't just say: "sod the due diligence, pass me my cheque ('check' - American sp.) book" 

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

After what he witnessed tonight, I'd be amazed if he didn't just say: "sod the due diligence, pass me my cheque ('check' - American sp.) book" 

After tonight, if he didn’t realise it already we are a very special club, with very special fans

Get the ground sorted with Mel and whoever, then get C.K to whop his wad on the table.

End our misery and move forward.

9 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

With attendances, I don't think they'll drop that much for 'normal' games - maybe down 1-2k or something, but we'll lose a lot of the massive games that pack out the stadium and drag the average up.  There's no Forest game and no games against recently relegated Prem teams with good players etc.  We regularly get north of 30k for those kind of games.  Sheffield Wednesday is normally a big crowd (assuming they don't come up), likewise Burton will probably be well attended, but that's probably it.  And you can probably add a few sub 20k midweek games too - who's going to choose to come out on a cold Tuesday to watch us play Morecambe or something.

It’s two fold for me. It’s what I do when the team plays at home. I go …. barring critical family stuff. Then It’s about style and the players. I’ll probably be there whoever we are playing but if we have the likes of Cashin and Ebioe playing than I’ll be battering down the door even if it’s against Blogsworth Rovers

36 minutes ago, sage said:

He flies home tomorrow

There's several horses involved, all with mouths, can you be more specific?

In any case, what you say serves as the warning that Rooney himself was putting across: "it's positive but still a way to go to get it over the line".

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

There's several horses involved, all with mouths, can you be more specific?

In any case, what you say serves as the warning that Rooney himself was putting across: "it's positive but still a way to go to get it over the line".

What nationality was Seabiscuit?

40 minutes ago, sage said:

He flies home tomorrow

I don’t like to say stuff I haven’t heard from the horses mouth but I’m sure what you have said is true. I think one way to resolve it would be the City Council buy it and rent it to Derby possibly giving the council a return on their investment. Then if the time is right they could sell it back to the club. 
Who owns the Shitty Ground?

6 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I don’t like to say stuff I haven’t heard from the horses mouth but I’m sure what you have said is true. I think one way to resolve it would be the City Council buy it and rent it to Derby possibly giving the council a return on their investment. Then if the time is right they could sell it back to the club. 
Who owns the Shitty Ground?

Nottingham Forest?

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I thought it was the council don’t they dump their rubbish on there?

The council own the land, Forest own all the buildings on that land.

I'm sure you're aware of that fact, it seems an inopportune moment to take the piss, since we currently own neither.