The Administration Thread

Boycie

“Manager Wayne Rooney is waiting for the green light on a preferred bidder to buy the club but the latest development, at Thursday’s EFL board meeting, will increase the pressure on Quantuma to complete a sale.”

—————

Its from today’s meeting and it requires sale completion  not preferred bidder

Edited by Curtains
Added

If I can make one comment about what we are seeing. 

When the poo hits the fan for multiple clubs next season, (and I have no doubt it will), the EFL had better follow the same excruciating process for those clubs, (including I hope Gibson's club), or I think questions will be asked - maybe by lawyers.

This will clearly be costing us in terms of the chance to stay in the division and increased administration fees and, unlike the aforementioned owner, our losses will be quite clearly defined and clearly be due to the EFL.

Get the right combative owner and the EFL would be in a difficult place if they decided to be lenient on next seasons "victims".

9 minutes ago, hydraulic ram said:

If I can make one comment about what we are seeing. 

When the poo hits the fan for multiple clubs next season, (and I have no doubt it will), the EFL had better follow the same excruciating process for those clubs, (including I hope Gibson's club), or I think questions will be asked - maybe by lawyers.

This will clearly be costing us in terms of the chance to stay in the division and increased administration fees and, unlike the aforementioned owner, our losses will be quite clearly defined and clearly be due to the EFL.

Get the right combative owner and the EFL would be in a difficult place if they decided to be lenient on next seasons "victims".

Stoke City and Bristol City seem to be trying to push the EFL to change their P&S and FFP rules. This is all due to loss of revenue through the Covid period. They state lots of clubs will be in trouble when they submit their accounts and forsee lots of points deductions.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Stoke City and Bristol City seem to be trying to push the EFL to change their P&S and FFP rules. This is all due to loss of revenue through the Covid period. They state lots of clubs will be in trouble when they submit their accounts and forsee lots of points deductions.

If lots of clubs will be in trouble then they shouldn't be too worried out their own points deductions should they... Get your money on Luton Town for promotion next season !

The big elephant in the room is the fact no preffered bidder has been announced tonight.

Rooneys comments today suggested to me it would be tonight, "we will know BY tomorrow".

And here we are.

I think the telegraph article is more of a significant story than some/many are willing to accept unfortunately.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The big elephant in the room is the fact no preffered bidder has been announced tonight.

Rooneys comments today suggested to me it would be tonight, "we will know BY tomorrow".

And here we are.

I think the telegraph article is more of a significant story than some/many are willing to accept unfortunately.

I think the EFL are determined to inflict more pain .

It’s  been suggested to me that Derby are not quite in a distressed enough state for Ashley to go in for the kill. He will wait until the verge of liquidation.

Unfortunately that could cause January transfer window problems