The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Pardon me for my ignorance ( and not reading 110+ pages in massive detail) but I assume that there is a big difference between naming a preferred bidder and actually coming out of administration? Obvs it would be positive news, but doesn't necessarily end the pain?

Awww come on, allow us something. Let's get a little excited and frivolous for a short time before reality rears its ugly head again and brings us all back into the land of despondency, fear and dread.

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Does the preferred bidder have to deposit a non refundable £5mill...?

What responsibility in reality does it convey on them?

I think that's what the administrators said.

I think technically being preferred bidder doesn't actually give them any control until they complete the deal, but, you'd expect a very close working relationship if they're at that point. If the administrators announce a preferred bidder then do a bunch of stuff they don't like the bidder can pull the plug on the deal (and just lose the deposit)

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

A mate who knows a couple of folk in the offices said there’s a staff meeting at 9am tomorrow morning, then one for the supporter’s club at 11am. This is it everybody… 

calm down united kingdom GIF

Can also vouch for this, I’ve been told the same thing from a friend who’s partner works for the club 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If it’s a choice between Appleby or Ashley how could Efl rule either to be unfit when they’ve both been owners before?

Should be a non issue.

I don't want to get into a long-running "I'm right, you're wrong" agument (even though that appears to be your modus operandi) so I'm not intending to carry this discussion on any further, but if (for example) it's Appleby that's chosen, we have no idea of who is backing him or where the money will be coming from - that could raise red-flags and delay the process - and I suspect that (knowing how the EFL work) past activities willbe fairly irrelevant when it comes to the EFL who will still insist they vet the proposed owner fully before allowing things to proceed....

25 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Awww come on, allow us something. Let's get a little excited and frivolous for a short time before reality rears its ugly head again and brings us all back into the land of despondency, fear and dread.

They were questions, not statements (and I'm grateful for those who answered and provided clarification)

Edited by LazloW