The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 hours ago, Rev said:

26.45 on the above linked podcast.

Basically, KM had a phone call on Friday from a newly redundant employee, and in his opinion someone high up has behaved disgracefully, when asked if it was Quantuma, he said it was a bit of both.

The only relevant information there is that there has been someone newly made redundant. Have there been more redundancies at Dcfc ,, it was maybe hinted at last week by quantuma that staff weee dealing with cost savings. Also how does this newly redundant person know Kieran Maguire’s phone number? 

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think the link is available yet, I could be wrong.

It's Keiran Maguires POD podcast. I think it was done tonight so I assume the link will be available shortly.

Apparently he spoke about someone high up at the club and their behaviour not being very good. I've seen it mentioned that this person has been treating staff poorly.

Maguire or the Count as he likes to be known seems to be living off the amortisation claims, it would appear he is more ITK than all 0f the national journalists and has the inside track on a lot of clubs. Do I believe that…..no, when it comes to accountancy I believe him, when he talks outside of that I take it with a pinch of salt

31 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Maguire or the Count as he likes to be known seems to be living off the amortisation claims, it would appear he is more ITK than all 0f the national journalists and has the inside track on a lot of clubs. Do I believe that…..no, when it comes to accountancy I believe him, when he talks outside of that I take it with a pinch of salt

Shouldn’t he be buried inside the Stoke city accounts because the EFL are refusing to look at them until someone points it all out to them

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Shouldn’t he be buried inside the Stoke city accounts because the EFL are refusing to look at them until someone points it all out to them

It's what he does best, I'm a financial crime SME and the loan and payback arrangement between Roman and Chelsea raises the hair on the back on my neck, more red flags than at a bull fight

This is my opinion!

Going back to the sale, I think only one creditor is being awkward that the one who owns the stadium.

I'm sumising this based on unsecured creditors being about £6m, that only £1.5m @ 25%.....  Surely no buyer is going to take -15pts to save that and risk further relegation?

HMRC also appear to be accommodating from whats been said.

However to make the whole club saleable, somone needs to be realisic and realise that the club isnt worth taking on in Lg1 with £60m in debts.  Particularly with only 1/2 a first team squad.

Mel needs to get real and realise that he is going to have to take a hit on the stadium sale.  Its reported he wants at least enough to clear his debt to MSD believed to be around £25m, its not going to happen.

I cannot see anything else holding up this process and once again his poor decision making is going to cost him deatly.  Why?  I think Appleby is shrewd and will not offer above the odds, but, will want the stadium as part of the deal.  However Ashley will happily let us go bust (could be the best option right now) then buy the Stadium at a cut price offer and start at the bottom of league 2. 

If/Once we are liquidated, there  would be no way on earth that Mel is going to get anything close to £25m for a stadium with no team to play in it.  I think the council would also refuse any planning applications for change of use or demolition.

So theres a high stakes poker game being played out, Mels already all in on money borrowed against his MSD credit card, sweating in the hope that either Ashley or Appleby will call and give him the money he wants to walk away debt free.  If they fold he could be left with a hugh debt at high interest rates on a white elephant he cant actually fund.

Mel wake up and smell the coffee, you need to put your hand in your pockets one ladt time.....

Edited by RAM1966

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Maguire or the Count as he likes to be known seems to be living off the amortisation claims, it would appear he is more ITK than all 0f the national journalists and has the inside track on a lot of clubs. Do I believe that…..no, when it comes to accountancy I believe him, when he talks outside of that I take it with a pinch of salt

Are you sure it is Count he should be known as? Something similar maybe, 

Edited by PistoldPete

Get this Maguire is not being cynical but says he thinks other clubs out there are annoyed with Derby not paying tax because they took out EFL loans to pay theirs and are still in arrears and we used Covid as a tax get out .

Well fat lot of good that did us .

The EFL wouldn’t give us a loan allegedly 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Get this Maguire is not being cynical but says he thinks other clubs out there are annoyed with Derby not paying tax because they took out EFL loans to pay theirs and are still in arrears and we used Covid as a tax get out .

Well fat lot of good that did us .

The EFL wouldn’t give us a loan allegedly 

but others have HMRC debts, not as big, Middlesbrough have an £11m debt. Maguire can be very misleading

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

He is a real count