The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You haven’t offended me but I can’t speak for others .

Alan Nixon makes a good point on reflection 

“They are already in enough bother already as things stand – but the fact they will manage to get through until the end of the season is a plus, before assessing whether they can hold on and wait until the transfer window opens to sell some of their key assets if a preferred bidder isn’t in place by then.”

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-makes-key-claim-involving-derby-county-and-mike-ashley-after-binnie-family-rejection/

What key assets do we have to sell? Don't we have like 4 players under contract who would be sold for pittance. Maybe get us 1-2 more months but then we have literally no players to field a squad. Would the EFL have to grant us special dispensation to sign up to 23 players of professional standing again? And I assume on a wage too low to attract a team remotely capable of survival in league 1 or the champ.

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe they could divert the Assembly Rooms money lol 

As you LOLd i'll post this.

"The 44-year-old building has been closed since fire broke out in the plant room of its adjoining car park in March 2014. Plans to refurbish and reopen the venue were dropped by the council last year when costs spiralled"

And this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-56770875

Derby City Council even when Banwait was leader was a Council not fit for purpose, They move slower than a snail on crutches that's carrying 2 shopping bags full of cabages. They're more concerned with cheap vanity projects and rely on other parties to push costs through, They lost a vote on hiking the Council Tax Bill last month when minority parties voted against.

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He does make an interesting point about player sales !

“They are already in enough bother already as things stand – but the fact they will manage to get through until the end of the season is a plus, before assessing whether they can hold on and wait until the transfer window opens to sell some of their key assets if a preferred bidder isn’t in place by then.“

But Nixon doesn't know anything about ashley bid. This is the guy who had said Ashley had pulled out when he hadn't. 

On 25/02/2022 at 15:43, Stive Pesley said:

Just seen that there are calls for Abramovich to be sanctioned - problem is that the Chelsea owes him an unfathomable £2b - which he would call in if sanctioned (ie put the club into administration)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddawkins/2022/02/24/roman-abramovich-has-sanction-insurance-a-2-billion-loan-to-chelsea-fc/?sh=7be529491be7

If that happened - our problems would look minor in comparison 

Posting this for no other reason to commemorate the one day I can say I called something right ?

48 minutes ago, Curtains said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-makes-key-claim-involving-derby-county-and-mike-ashley-after-binnie-family-rejection/

Is Nixon trying to undermine Derby County all of a sudden or is he scaremongering 

He says his initial bid was less than the Binnies - doesn’t mention his current bid.

perhaps they were both told to you it and Ashley did?

perhaps it’s the leaks about the value of the offers which pissed off Q and made them make statement about.

This question may already have been answered among the 20,000 posts on this thread!

Has anyone estimated how much can be raised for creditors through liquidation? What is the range of this estimate?

Am I right to assume that the Administrators would be obliged to accept the best bid above that amount?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

This question may already have been answered among the 20,000 posts on this thread!

Has anyone estimated how much can be raised for creditors through liquidation? What is the range of this estimate?

Am I right to assume that the Administrators would be obliged to accept the best bid above that amount?

Thanks!

I`m guessing the statement of affairs on Companies House would give some idea, but the assets will have diminished a bit since that was published. I couldn`t make sense of it myself but it was well in the millions.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I think you misunderstood me .

Im talking if Mel doesn’t give the Stadium back and we fold I will never set foot in Pride Park area again .

If the City Council don’t help they should also be held responsible.

Same question though. I know it’s an unlikely scenario but if Mel retained ownership of PP but somehow a Phoenix club managed to work out the finances to enable them to continue playing at PP you wouldn’t go to home games?

I would because I care far more about supporting Derby County (or whatever Phoenix club may be formed) than I do about making Mel suffer.

51 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Agreed I’m just joshing with him .

-15 point is a very likely scenario and we all know it. 

Liquidation isn’t an option .

On an upbeat note Clinton Morrison thinks we are staying up. .

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-sky-sports-pundit-offers-derby-county-relegation-verdict/

Come on you Rams 

Agree with all that

Surely most buyers would know that our income streams are about to return to relative normality. At the moment supporters are fairly enthused. 18k season tickets is easily achievable and average gates in the region of 25k. In champ with Rooney both sponsorship and tv revenues will be healthy. Corporate revenues on the high side compared to most. We should be an attractive purchase and in many ways to bid at the level needed to clear the minimum debt to exit admin cleanly. It is not such a big stretch to say we could be only a few years away from the prem. look at Luton ffs. 

31 minutes ago, Topram said:

New statement says interested parties  not bidders, suggest Binnies were the only offer on the table?

The latest statement says "The Joint Administrators have received a number of bids and ongoing expressions of interest".

So bids (plural) and other ongoing expressions of interest.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The latest statement says "The Joint Administrators have received a number of bids and ongoing expressions of interest".

So bids (plural) and other ongoing expressions of interest.

Expression

"the action of making known one's thoughts or feelings"

In that case...i'm in Season 3 Thank You GIF by TallBoyz

18 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I hate to say it but there is only one likely outcome and that is liquidation. 

Q are completely incompetent and are MM puppets. This has dragged on for so long that there is no other likely scenario.

I am beyond words how bad this has been managed

I don't think those first two statements are compatible though. If Quantuma are indeed MM puppets, they'd be trying to avoid liquidation, because that gives him the worst possible outcome. Sure, he'd retain the stadium, but the lease with DCFC would terminate and he'd have a stadium with no tenant and a very limited source of income (conferences, concerts perhaps), plus he'd still owe MSD £20M+. It could also possibly make it more likely that HMRC go after him for the unpaid tax.

If MM isn't doing what he can to help DCFC avoid liquidation, he damned well should be, if only for his own selfish reasons.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

So you choose to ignore the “bids” part. Is your glass half empty too?

Actualy latest statment (I wasn't aware there was another one this morning) doesn't mention bids. Nor does it say anything is imminent or within 48 hours.