The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He had to do that to convince the EFL pre fixture list issue that we could complete the season.

I don’t think so.  Otherwise how were Bury, etc allowed to have fixtures.  It was only at the start of the season when they didn’t play games and subsequently admitted they couldn’t fulfil the fixtures they were kicked out.

The EFL never set that ultimatum.

34 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Did you not see the absolute meltdown on here and on social media when they said they were reopening bids post Kirchner, but weren’t going to set a deadline?  People were going crazy over it.

And in terms of actually completing a deal like this, you just have to pick a completion date and aim for it.  You could set it later to give yourself some leeway, but it’s my (admittedly limited) experience that people just factor that in, the work gets delayed until the last minute anyway.  If they set a Friday deadline, then odds are we just hit these same issues on Friday and then we’re talking next week for completion.

But what do they care what people say on here? Surely there not reading this forum! Id rather them say were working on it, give the odd press conference or twitter message to say theyve done x,y and z and then just announce its done! I mean everyone wants them to handle it differently, thats just what id prefer to happen! Either way they cant please everyone but setting deadlines just backfires on them and to me looks unproffesional! If they said "this has happened, we cant put a timeframe on it as it takes as long as it takes however things are progressing!

Edited by De22Ram

The beauty of a joint statement by Efl and q is that it is even more useless than any stAtement either of them could produce on their own. Is it going to be done tonight? Tomorrow? Who are these unnamed third parties? What about player contracts that expire today? 

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

They ought to be on a price I bet they’d speed up then.

If they don’t get one of the signatories it can cause problems. If Moor Farm is the issue the consent for lease to be transferred  to the new owners might be the issue.

Just need to get it done 

7 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I don’t think so.  Otherwise how were Bury, etc allowed to have fixtures.  It was only at the start of the season when they didn’t play games and subsequently admitted they couldn’t fulfil the fixtures they were kicked out.

The EFL never set that ultimatum.

"Bury finished the 2018–19 season as runners-up in League Two, earning promotion to League One for the 2019–20 season. However, the club was unable to begin the season because of longstanding financial difficulties, and was expelled from the Football League. In November 2020, the club was placed into administration."

Not going to let that happen again.

On 24/12/2021 at 15:38, Tyler Durden said:

I reckon it'll be Sam Rush....who then comes back offers a consultancy role to Mel Morris then fires him....taking over control of the club just a charade for him to extract his revenge. 

Not Sam. It’s Jed Moxey coming if Appleby’s investors are part of it.

With regards to the settling of debts do we need anything off the companies we owe about accepting it or is it a legal requirement they do? I'm presuming it's a letter to all of them with an if we hear nothing by Wednesday we assume it is okay.

Of course there is also the 'football related debts' and it could be negotiations/payment plans around these that are stalling us

HMRC could be holding us up.

Could be the EFL ratifying Buchanan. There must be some agreement around costs. If you take him out our value drops a good million or so.

Similarly maybe it's linked to Stretford and whether we will be deducted points. If it inhibits success then it must effect value a bit.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Bury finished the 2018–19 season as runners-up in League Two, earning promotion to League One for the 2019–20 season. However, the club was unable to begin the season because of longstanding financial difficulties, and was expelled from the Football League. In November 2020, the club was placed into administration."

Not going to let that happen again.

Which is what I said.  The EFL never set us a deadline of “proof of funds before the fixtures are released or else” like they did in January.  All they said was we could start the season in administration but not be in it for more than 18 months

Not sure why there is so much concern about players deals expiring today. If they want to join us or stay with us they will be happy to wait, look how many waited last summer.

They are probably already training with us, another couple of days waiting isnt going to hurt them.

Edited by DCFC1388