The Administration Thread

Boycie

I’m normally very balanced and fair minded (I think?) but I’d be more than happy to see a few other clubs go through similar pain to us. Not necessarily go out of existence, but suffer in the same way we have in terms of being pilloried, much of the time for imagined, misunderstood or exaggerated ‘crimes’, victimised and treated about as unfairly as you can by the EFL (who I still can’t believe haven’t been taken to court over their disciplinary procedures - completely flawed - or their collusion with Boro), other clubs coming in and exploiting our situation both in terms of ludicrous ‘charges’ against us or poaching players, the ridiculous rules (again EFL) that actively try to impede any way of getting out of the mess, rules (again EFL) which somehow allow you to be punished multiple times for the same misdemeanours and the complete lack of discretion used by the EFL to help us in any way. Yep, I’d be ok with other fans having the same experience; might teach them some humility. 

BUT much more than this, the more clubs that go through this, the more likely it is that they will learn they need to change; need to find a way to level the playing field, stop the need for clubs to massively overspend to compete with parachute payments, address the obscene disparities between the PL and EFL and so on and so forth.

Anyway, bitter rant over. Sorry.

Edited by LazloW

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

General running costs of the club (stadium and training ground) will be about £10m. Add wages, transfer instalments due, and other costs and I see very little possibility of making a profit in L1 without player sales.

Surely with our gate we can have a strong L1 squad and still be on an even financial keel. Have you excluded the sins of the past from your calculation ?

2 hours ago, wombatram said:

Anyone not just a little curious that this has been completed very quickly? 

Would love to know how close the Clowes group is currently, with a certain figure of the past… ?

Do you really think that any credible businessman rescuing and attempting to revive our club would really entertain any involvement whatsoever of the person who so recklessly brought it to the edge of destruction in the first place? Central to the project of acquiring the ground from him was completely extinguishing any control he still held.

It would be akin to sleeping with the enemy. Furthermore we have barely heard a word from the usually verbose former owner in the past two years and there's a very good reason for that - his humiliation in this county is total and no one wishes to hear from him again. He is the least likely person ever to be associated with Derby County in the future. He's out of this club forever and leaves with no redeeming features. I can't even bring myself to utter his name anymore.

And please don't suggest he could become a sleeping partner ??

Your bogey man has left the building forever.

2 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

Bit off topic but if he’s bought the company that owns the stadium does that mean all contracts such as food and beverage provisions continue? Or will he be able to get new people in? 

Given the spider's web of companies that DCFC used to make up, I'm not 100% sure where these contracts sit, but I don't think it will be GN202 (stadium).

There's Club DCFC (hospitality and events) plus Stadia DCFC (manages the stadium) so I suspect it may have fallen with both of those.

I guess it depends on how it's all restructured in the takeover...

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Do you really think that any credible businessman rescuing and attempting to revive our club would really entertain any involvement whatsoever of the person who so recklessly brought it to the edge of destruction in the first place? Central to the project of acquiring the ground from him was completely extinguishing any control he still held.

It would be akin to sleeping with the enemy. Furthermore we have barely heard a word from the usually verbose former owner in the past two years and there's a very good reason for that - his humiliation in this county is total and no one wishes to hear from him again. He is the least likely person ever to be associated with Derby County in the future. He's out of this club forever and leaves with no redeeming features. I can't even bring myself to utter his name anymore.

so.. what you're saying is "let's rename the East Stand in honour of him!"?? Am I reading it right?

17 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Completely agree.  And those fans that sang about having a party, etc, whilst it’s not nice and makes you angry we just have remember they are the minority and every club has them.  All the fans have some of those clubs I’ve spoken to over the last 9 months or so have genuinely wished us well and hope we survive.  At the end of the day, they need the rivalry and banter as it’s part of being a football supporter.

I do hope that if we visit a club in that situation no one from this club would do the same thing.  Would never wish this on any club.

9 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

@_derby5hire has been spreading this possibility for whatever reason, probably to keep himself relevant.

23 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

Bit off topic but if he’s bought the company that owns the stadium does that mean all contracts such as food and beverage provisions continue? Or will he be able to get new people in? 

Depends on the providers' contracts.  

There’s some wild rumours on a wild day today apparently hourihane and Chester have provisionally signed , Terrell Thomas , bourkhouizen too plus rumours of ex Man U player Gabriel Heinze coming in as a coach I don’t know if this was a pre Rooney thing but I think today might end up being a wild day.

prediction - takeover announced at 4.00 PM 

picture of Clowes , rosenior with derby flag 6.00pm

hourihane and chest announced tomorrow morning + Davies , Forsyth , stearman and cashin signed new deals 

Byrne , Buchanan, Lawrence gone  by the weekend 

plus some wildcards on trial like 5-6 players on trial 

Just now, Derbados said:

If we are signing players anywhere close to the calibre of Hourihane, Barkhuizen and Chester after literally being days away from not having a club I think I’ll have to go for a lie down. 

ridiculously good signings at league one level for any club, let alone a club close to death for the last year 

The Hourihane link almost seems too good to be true. 25 plus matches last season for a team finishing in the Championship play offs.

56 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

For me I don't think of other fans, I have no interest of other fans, Those that sang "we're gonna party when Derby die" are about as thick as they come.

Not a droplet of a tear will I spill if one of those people who savaged us on social media, Sung about us dying, Or stole money from us with outlandish charges of foul play...go Bust!

So, you'd rather sink to their level, than rise above it?