The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Can just feel another hold up coming 

Nah, this is just the noise of the death-rattle of other bids. I would not be surprised if the Stretford story was 'revealed' to John Percy by another bidder's camp.

And Couhig is using the last moment of perceived leverage (ie getting the sale completed before contracts run out) to seemingly twist the knife.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Nothing would surprise me but, I’d like to think, seen as his team didn’t complete the takeover (assuming he’s not involved with DC) he didn’t gain any actual advantage (thanks to CK’s incompetence/cold feet). 

Weren’t the wages paid after CK had already been appointed PB? In which case, I don’t really get the conflict of interest thing. The team he was part of had already been awarded PB status. 

I presume the conflict of interest has to do with buying/selling players and representing them?

Can't see what some of you are getting so uptight about tbh. Even I can't believe Q are laundering money! ?

4 hours ago, alram said:

you are right

just shows how clueless this new ownership under Kirchner would have been. 

hopefully the club doesn’t get caught up in the crossfire but I wouldn’t be surprised if we did

rules are rules

If you do a BACS transfer you put your own reference name on the transfer. The account it goes into sees the account number it came from and the reference. None of anybody's business at dcfc it is between him and Q but would be interesting to be told how it came to light and who reported it.

6 minutes ago, tinman said:

He'll be wanting to get the money from Kirchner. Stretford's problem will be where he takes CK to court to get the money back, here or the USA. And has kirchner got the money to pay him back

Depends on what sort of agreement he had with CK and whether it was in writing or not. If CK said something like “can you pay the wages and I’ll refund you as soon as my money completes the AML checks ?” he might have a few difficulties. As @Animal is a Ram says the story does have a striking resemblance to Inventing Anna (a good Netflix series by the way but not as good as the BBC podcast The Fake Heiress IMO).

4 hours ago, alram said:

Hopefully the club doesn’t get caught up in the crossfire but I wouldn’t be surprised if we did

rules are rules

33 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the EFL said the wages for May were paid through improper channels and unfortunately a 3 point penalty will now be enforced.

Hopefully the answer is this: q runs the club, right now q pretty much IS the club. So if someone at the club assisted Stretford in duping q about whose the funds were, that person is in effect duping the club. So the club isn’t implicated, it is a personal problem for whomever was working with Stretford. Let’s hope so. 

Key point for us is that this does not derail the DC purchase. I don't think it will, partly because this all looks like a stinky concoction brewed by Stretford, Rooney and CK. And also because the EFl is dying for us to get sold - so if DC speaks to the EFL I don’t think they’ll put the frighteners on  him. But maybe it won’t be Wednesday 

Never a dull moment 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Stretford might want his money back from us . Especially if he's been told he shouldn't have made the payment at all, according to the rules he is subject to. 

He might, But not knowing the intricacies of this debacle I'm guessing and only guessing mind Pete, That if Stretford loaned the money to the yank and the yank passed it onto the payer ie Q, Then surely the loanee who loaned the money to the yank to pay the said wages then he should go after them.

The bank loaned me £1000, I loaned it to you, I fail to pay the loan to the bank...you'd better not have spent it Pete coz they're coming after you.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Nothing would surprise me but, I’d like to think, seen as his team didn’t complete the takeover (assuming he’s not involved with DC) he didn’t gain any actual advantage (thanks to CK’s incompetence/cold feet). 

Weren’t the wages paid after CK had already been appointed PB? In which case, I don’t really get the conflict of interest thing. The team he was part of had already been awarded PB status. 

I think the conflict of interest is on the Stretford side of the loan football agents, as far as I am aware, should not have any financial interests in football clubs. It could be argued that Stretford paid the wages on behalf of CK. from a loan to CK,  and therefore the money paid was CK's and Stretford was simply passing it on!

I do wonder what is below the surface in the Stretford, Rooney, CK relationship as CK said "It will all come out"   

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

10 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

If you do a BACS transfer you put your own reference name on the transfer. The account it goes into sees the account number it came from and the reference. None of anybody's business at dcfc it is between him and Q but would be interesting to be told how it came to light and who reported it.

Rebecca Vardy?Happy David Cronenberg GIF by NEON

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hopefully the answer is this: q runs the club, right now q pretty much IS the club. So if someone at the club assisted Stretford in duping q about whose the funds were, that person is in effect duping the club. So the club isn’t implicated, it is a personal problem for whomever was working with Stretford. Let’s hope so. 

Key point for us is that this does not derail the DC purchase. I don't think it will, partly because this all looks like a stinky concoction brewed by Stretford, Rooney and CK. And also because the EFl is dying for us to get sold - so if DC speaks to the EFL I don’t think they’ll put the frighteners on  him. But maybe it won’t be Wednesday 

Never a dull moment 

No reason to believe WR involved in it. 
Wednesday is important date given player contracts expire on Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I do wonder what is below the surface in the Stretford, Rooney, CK relationship as CK said "It will all come out"   

Not very far below the surface

This latest development makes it look more likely that Stretford was co-funding CK’s purchase. If that’s right, then was that consistent with CK’s DAOT application? And does it explain why CK ran into AML difficulties ?

And what was WR’s knowledge/involvement?

Wonder whether all of this was an agenda item at that final meeting with q at which WR ‘asked to be relieved’  

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Not very far below the surface

This latest development makes it look more likely that Stretford was co-funding CK’s purchase. If that’s right, then was that consistent with CK’s DAOT application? And does it explain why CK ran into AML difficulties ?

And what was WR’s knowledge/involvement?

Wonder whether all of this was an agenda item at that final meeting with q at which WR ‘asked to be relieved’  

We do need to be careful what we post about this. 

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No reason to believe WR involved in it. 

You're right Pete, Why would WR have been involved in it, I mean Stretford has only been financially linked to WR for some 20 years, Stretford is/was the link to WR with the yanks bid, Stretford was a witness I believe to WRs wife Colleen in her case with RV, Stretford has been a very very VERY close ally to WR, WR resigns 3 days before the story broke.

I don't believe in conspiracies...did the USA land a craft on the moon in 1969 ?   

Just listening back to last night’s Sportscene, I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but around 23 mins in K. Maguire talks about our ability to generate £9million pounds per year compared to the likes of Burton £800k and Rotherham (double Burton’s). Also mentions there are 700 players who’s contracts expire on the 30th so should the takeover happen and some sort of business structure be arranged quickly we should be able to compete in the league. He then goes on to discuss the Pride Park ownership info that’s changed on Companies House. He also talks about the potential financial implications of being in league one and how our club size could benefit us. I’m aware there’s a speculative element to what he’s saying and it may be that the reality we face is very different, but interesting to hear.
Also has Stuart Webb discussing the Arthur Cox years, it’s a good listen if anyone hasn’t already and has an hour to fill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cc641p?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Yes, I listened to it. He was later corrected by Darren Robinson who said that actual number of players available when their contracts expire on Thursday is around 450 ( at all league levels) as 250 or so have already been snapped up or have a deal in place. DR is the expert in this field so I would take his figure. He also gave a number of players at league 1 level who would become available but I can’t remember what it was.