The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

My understanding is that we get two years of restrictions as part of the adminstration process. This is extended by a year if we go for the 35% over 3 years option. 

The reasons are supposedly two fold:

Firstly, to enshrine sustainability into the club restructure. If, for example, we're limited to a 25 man squad with a maximum wage bill of £75k per week, we ought to be able to run at a profit. It will effect income, but we'll be expected to trim unnecessary expenditure to accommodate. Two years down the line and we should look like a stable club, ready for investment to take us forward. 

Secondly, it's part of the punishment. It's part of the reaction to Leicester's actions when they wiped most of their debts and new owners came in and 'bought' the league. The restrictions are there to stop 'big' clubs from wiping debts and then outspending everyone else.

As @angieramalluded to in an earlier post, in terms of spending, we are going to be a small League 1 club for the next two to three years. Maybe a genius of a manager could squeeze us into the play offs, but it's staggeringly unlikely. 

We need to reign in our expectations and and celebrate still having a club to support. 

I wonder if it's possible to patent a Mel Morris dartboard?

That's my understanding too. It makes sense too, in that if I was a local supplier and a club owed me thousands, most of which I won't see, then suddenly months later they're spending millions on players, I wouldn't be best pleased

22 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

He bought the ground simply because there was an impasse - to enable the sale to KC.  (See the date of sale) At that time KC was preferred bidder and in the middle of a purchase. No problem, right?

KC then pulled out unexpectedly, so DC then decides to buy the club - to save the club. 

His actions were driven by events as they happened. I believe he had no intention to buy the club until until the risk of losing it became intolerable. I have absolutely no doubt that he will sell shares and fairly quickly - given the interest of Appleby's team. Makes absolute sense to me. I don't think we can slate him for rocking up late to the party, we was merely walking past eating a kebab at the time... 

17th June wasn’t it for Stadium sale completion 

CK had already gone 

Hopefully we don’t have to just play the kids and can resign and sign up some players. If you think it was bad being turned over by Chorley with kids league 1 is going to be even worse. I’m confused with nixons article tbh it’s like he doesn’t even know himself. Is he saying he needs backers to complete the deal or wants them after completing. 

7 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Hopefully we don’t have to just play the kids and can resign and sign up some players. If you think it was bad being turned over by Chorley with kids league 1 is going to be even worse. I’m confused with nixons article tbh it’s like he doesn’t even know himself. Is he saying he needs backers to complete the deal or wants them after completing. 

Seems to me Nixon is often wrong these days and even if he isn’t having a club to support is the most important thing 

8 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Apparently he's "on the look out for potential partners to give the club the best chance of competing next season", nothing to do with completing the initial deal to buy the club.

My ideal would be for Clowes to complete the deal ASAP then sell a % to the Appleby Group who will help with the running of the club.

55 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I don’t understand in his statement he said the admins tried very hard to get him to stay.

Take that with a pinch of salt.  All it would have taken for this to be true is for him to say "I'm going to leave; the admin saying "are you sure"?  Him replying: yes.  Fans wanted him to stay.  This allows everyone a clear ride. 

He gets out of the quagmire of L2.  They don't look so bad.  Clowes doesn't need to pull an inevitable trigger.  

The admins didn't really have much right following Clowes news to do anything pre Wednesday - it is DC's choice.  This way, Clowes doesn't have to make a very difficult decision.  Rooney would have gone from hero to zero if his >£4m wages meant we didn't have viable team.  

It is all right and good saying we need to keep him; but just because we want something doesn't mean we have the resources. 

26 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Even if Clowes buys the club and we're in trouble again 6 months down the line, at least he gave us 6 more months. That's how I see it.

He's someone with a feasible chance of rescuing the club short term, I'll take it.

I don't think that is what is going to happen.  His reluctance to own the club, if this is correct, actually is a good thing in a way: he isn't going to go hell for leather - but will be sensible, as this is about his love for the club not wanting to show how amazing and rich he is..

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

As @angieramalluded to in an earlier post, in terms of spending, we are going to be a small League 1 club for the next two to three years. Maybe a genius of a manager could squeeze us into the play offs, but it's staggeringly unlikely. 

We need to reign in our expectations and and celebrate still having a club to support.

The average L1 club has revenue of £6m. Given SCMP rules, that means the average L1 club has a player wage bill of less than £4m.

Derby will have an estimated revenue of £15-18m next season. Even if the EFL imposed an astoundingly tough punishment of 25% of revenue of wages (a third of what a normal club relegated from the Championship can spend) then we'd still be on par with the average L1 club.

Rules have to be the same for everyone. Wigan certainly didn't have anything close to a 25% limit when relegated whilst in administration. That would be a wage bill of about £1.75m. They were also allowed to spend significant sums on players the transfer window immediately following them exiting administration. It would be equivalent to us spending £2m on one player, then still spending more on other players.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Apparently he's "on the look out for potential partners to give the club the best chance of competing next season", nothing to do with completing the initial deal to buy the club.

My ideal would be for Clowes to complete the deal ASAP then sell a % to the Appleby Group who will help with the running of the club.

Agree with that but need to get PP back on DC balance sheet/ownership at some stage.

16 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Agree with that but need to get PP back on DC balance sheet/ownership at some stage.

I hope that David Clowes retains ownership of the stadium and also has at least a share in the ownership of the football club and holds a directorship in the club. If that is to be the case the ground would be rent free. He is a lifelong supporter and I am very confident that his ownership of the stadium will be conducted alongside the best interests of the football club. The problems caused by the separation of the stadium from the club has caused us all some anxiety during the administration process and I never want to go through those worries again.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

If we have a team of kids then we could get turner over week, if we had a number of experienced pros supplemented with some players from the academy then I would be much more confident. If we have an experienced keeper with Davies, Fozzy, Bird, Knight, Sibley, CKR and let's say Cashin. Then it would be a different story.

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well we need a deadline and didn’t q say he had until Wednesday ? 

Only Rob Dorsett mentioned Wednesday.  Nothing will be announced until the EFL tests are passed.  That’s why he’s put funding in to pay the wages, fund tickets and allow us to start the season as he know that the approval, followed by exchange of contracts, etc won’t happen in a matter of days.

I think the next thing we’ll here is the outcome of the tests.  At least this time with the ground sorted there won’t be as many people in the chain when it comes to signing the paperwork.

18 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I hope that David Clowes retains ownership of the stadium and also has at least a share in the ownership of the football club. If that is to be the case the ground would be rent free. He is a lifelong supporter and I am very confident that his ownership of the stadium will be conducted alongside the best interests of the football club. The problems caused by the separation of the stadium from the club has caused us all some anxiety during the administration process and I never want to go through those worries again.

Agree. Picturing how that might happen. DCl owns PP, transfers to DC for say £20m of shares. Another party also buys into DC for say £20m to clear debts, etc. So DCl and a n other each own say 50% of DC, including PP.

Edited by derby8

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

And i know were a bit thin on squad but i thought even we had a bit more than a 15 year old goalkeeper.....?

Still time get players in but maybe steel can come back coaching young keeper.