The Administration Thread

Boycie

For the first time since it all started to unravel and Mel's pack of cards started to tumble, i am feeling hopeful. the bloke goes about his business quietly, is a supporter, it all seems to make sense for once. In an ideal world he buys the stadium so MM has got nothing to do with DCFC. Quantuma can go back to their shiny offices, WR can put together a team without the sh1te he has to put up with and we can all go back to see 22 blokes chasing a bag of air around a patch of grass. 

4 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Good point.  But he’s carried it on an ran it successfully.  MM kept buying a lottery ticket and got lucky. 

The OADT should be a walk in the park.  I’ve said before I’m a glass half full type of bloke but I really think this could be it ?.

And to be honest, I’ll just be glad to get back to discussing football again.  Even if it’s 12th in L1 I really don’t care as long as there’s a DCFC to watch on a Saturday afternoon.

I don't think he just got lucky, I think irrespective of his job owning Derby, he knew what he was doing. I'm not a fan of retconning the past to suit present narratives. 

I share the hope he's going to buy us, but I just don't think it makes sense to bring Mel into the discussion! 

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

From knowledge, Clowes and Appleby have some very close links in a number of communities in Derby. 

Very much expect him to be named preferred bidder with a joint bid with Appleby to be the final outcome. Clowes is business smart, Appleby is sport smart. 

Thank you ?

@CBX1985  ?

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

From knowledge, Clowes and Appleby have some very close links in a number of communities in Derby. 

Very much expect him to be named preferred bidder with a joint bid with Appleby to be the final outcome. Clowes is business smart, Appleby is sport smart. 

If Clowes gets the job, I imagine he would be in favour of hiring a CEO. Appleby could help with that and he has a good history hiring smart people - Tom Glick was a masterstroke. Half the battle in the Championship is hiring the right people, rather than the money you can throw at it. 

Give Forest credit for getting Barnsley's CEO - he was a major reason they got to play-offs the year before, then he played a part in Forest getting promoted. Prime example. 

Improve recruitment, hire good people and create a good environment. 

6 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For the first time since it all started to unravel and Mel's pack of cards started to tumble, i am feeling hopeful. the bloke goes about his business quietly, is a supporter, it all seems to make sense for once. In an ideal world he buys the stadium so MM has got nothing to do with DCFC. Quantuma can go back to their shiny offices, WR can put together a team without the sh1te he has to put up with and we can all go back to see 22 blokes chasing a bag of air around a patch of grass. 

You paint a lovely picture of the future I will sleep better tonight with those thoughts in my mind ?? 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't think he just got lucky, I think irrespective of his job owning Derby, he knew what he was doing. I'm not a fan of retconning the past to suit present narratives. 

I share the hope he's going to buy us, but I just don't think it makes sense to bring Mel into the discussion! 

It’s just the natural comparisons that are appearing moving from one DCFC fan to another ?.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So if he is named PB tomorrow, whats the next step? Is it the OADT with the EFL? If so, how long will that take? Will he put money in straight away to cover this months wages whilst we wait for the EFL approval?!

No one knows for sure other than the people involved in the takeover process.
Reports say the OADT is already underway (think Percy said that on Twitter). He’s well positioned to conclude a takeover in a more timely manner than other interested parties and again rumours are that he already owns the stadium or is at the very least extremely close to doing so. 
If it all looks likely I can see him putting short term funding into the club until it’s done. I hope we’re in for some positive news finally ? 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Clowes gets the job, I imagine he would be in favour of hiring a CEO. Appleby could help with that and he has a good history hiring smart people - Tom Glick was a masterstroke. Half the battle in the Championship is hiring the right people, rather than the money you can throw at it. 

Give Forest credit for getting Barnsley's CEO - he was a major reason they got to play-offs the year before, then he played a part in Forest getting promoted. Prime example. 

What about in League 1 ?

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think you should write a book on Mel, starting with your school days!

I am writing a book about DCFC which I think will be much more interesting than anything to do with Mel Morris. He will not get a mention in it.

He has wasted too much of my life already and I want to put the remaining time I have left in this world to good use ??

Edited by Brailsford Ram

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

What about in League 1 ?

A club the size of Derby with it's income really shouldn't have an issue in League One, regardless of investment. 

Providing there isn't a bunch of unseen overheads, such as debts, at 60% of our income we would still be one of the highest paying clubs in the division. We would really need to f*** it up to not get promoted, certainly within 2 years. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What about in League 1 ?

He's Ambitious by name and by nature, he knows that forward planning is the trick ??

Edited by Elwood P Dowd