The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I can, He was in the running when I posted a couple of weeks ago to be the new owner, Things went very quiet, He is allegedly according to reports back in the mix along with 1-8 other interested parties.

Until a prospective owner sits down in front of the TV cameras and announces they have a bid on the table then all the information we read is from a 2nd- 3rd-4th-5th parties, Pub/golf talk, Twitter, Instagram, Rabid journalists that come out of the woodwork after having been invisible for 6 months, $hyte press releases from Q and the EFL, Bob Desert from Sky and any other Tom-Dick and Ducking Harry.

The best being imo, Lawrence playing golf with the yank so this must mean the yank is back in the fold, I see us kicking off with a threadbare underfunded squad of old and very young players just to fulfil next seasons fixtures in a RENTED stadium owned by MM     

Wishful thinking that many won't agree with but possibly the fastest resolution is CK. He withdrew his bid, did not say he didn't want it. Supposed to be rich so if he can get his money unfrozen or find a different way to pay its over that hour. Lawrence being with him I agree could be one of his cryptic messages. Wonder if he asked TL to post it. All fantasy maybe but he is in a group of one who have actually put a bid in

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Wishful thinking that many won't agree with but possibly the fastest resolution is CK. He withdrew his bid, did not say he didn't want it. Supposed to be rich so if he can get his money unfrozen or find a different way to pay its over that hour. Lawrence being with him I agree could be one of his cryptic messages. Wonder if he asked TL to post it. All fantasy maybe but he is in a group of one who have actually put a bid in

You are absolutely right. You really do know nuffin.

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Exactly.  

This idea of dichotomy is very good for trying to drive a hard bargain but becomes dreadful when you actually negotiate.  It is also a total nonsense that doesn't pass mustard for a second once you think about it.  

Life is never go to bed or go for a run; cheese on toast or lobster thermadore; Chariots of Fire or Minions.  It involves change and movement.  When it comes down to it, Creditors will not want the dichotomy - zero pounds or surrender.  But, they will want a good deal.  You can then offer new points to the bargain to sweeten it.  All sides will want this - literally everyone.  

At the moment, the admins want what they want (on behalf of Creditors).  But if no one is offering, their bargaining position is zero.  So movement will need to happen to prevent the dichotomy mentioned above.  At that point, and ONLY at that point, new ideas will come to the fore.      

You carry on keep saying they will give in the end, it's not happened up to now so can't see why it will happen any time soon. Football administration is different to other business administrations, they are a stand alone, we are part of an association whose rules we have to abide by, they can expel us from the league and it is no use saying the law of the land won't allow them.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You carry on keep saying they will give in the end, it's not happened up to now so can't see why it will happen any time soon. Football administration is different to other business administrations, they are a stand alone, we are part of an association whose rules we have to abide by, they can expel us from the league and it is no use saying the law of the land won't allow them.

Of course it hasn't.  And you are probably right it won't be soon.  That is, again, a conflation of differing issues.  

The fact they haven't given in until the end means just that - the end. You don't hold out to the last, but give in a month before!  

I will give you the decency of not trying to misrepresent you.  I would appreciate the same courtesy.  I made a statement on the affects of law.  Nothing else.  The law allows any company to be liquidated. The law allows - and encourages - deals to be made in any civil dispute.

Edited by CBX1985

4 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

I'm not going to say you're right or wrong, It's all up in the air, People will hang on to any scrap of hope in the belief they're right.

I sense a more negative posting this last couple of days from people on here, For the simple reason...there's nothing out there that can soothe the pain some are going through, It all looks bad...and it is, But while Q are talking to either local business people to pay for the start of the season or serious buyers we have hope ?

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Exactly.  

This idea of dichotomy is very good for trying to drive a hard bargain but becomes dreadful when you actually negotiate.  It is also a total nonsense that doesn't pass mustard for a second once you think about it.  

Life is never go to bed or go for a run; cheese on toast or lobster thermadore; Chariots of Fire or Minions.  It involves change and movement.  When it comes down to it, Creditors will not want the dichotomy - zero pounds or surrender.  But, they will want a good deal.  You can then offer new points to the bargain to sweeten it.  All sides will want this - literally everyone.  

At the moment, the admins want what they want (on behalf of Creditors).  But if no one is offering, their bargaining position is zero.  So movement will need to happen to prevent the dichotomy mentioned above.  At that point, and ONLY at that point, new ideas will come to the fore.      

I admire someone who uses the word dichotomy more than once in their post.

But you've let yourself down unfortunately by not being able to spell lobster thermidor.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admire someone who uses the word dichotomy more than once in their post.

But you've let yourself down unfortunately by not being able to spell lobster thermidor.

I know - I'm dreadful at spelling, but it just wasn't coming up on my spellcheck.  Precision of language.  I wanted to show two false positions are almost always false.  As they are here.

I honestly wish someone would tell us just what is going on.

Have formal bids been submitted?

What stage are Q at in accepting one of those bids?

I honestly wonder if Q are just passing themselves now - circa £10k a day in fees by my maths for every day they are still an admin party.

I honestly hope they’re done as a business after this.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

How many supporters does BAWT actually have? Didn’t they have some big rift recently? How can they collectively do anything? 

I think BAWT’s problem is they don’t have a recognisable head anymore who can explain what they are standing for and hold a sensible discussion on something like Radio Derby (there are those they didn’t like Mr Owen before, but he could atleast do this). They are seemingly going a bit down the slouth/@_derby5hire twitter route which does deserve exploration for sure, even if we do poke a bit of fun at it from time to time. I’m just not sure basing a supporters group around it, who only send statements to the public domain through Twitter, is helpful to anyone.

Edited by TuffLuff