The Administration Thread

Boycie

Birch has stated the blooming obvious. Q can either keep borrowing money or re-structure to cover costs. They had a chance at Xmas to make some very gutt wrenching decisions. Wether to get the high earners off the wage bill or not. Even Rooney himself. They didn’t seem to know what to do then or now.

24 minutes ago, alram said:

its not a duck up, it's the administors black balling the EFL

WHY? 

people have to stop being blind to the problem. the admins are supposed to be working with the efl not against them, factor this in with MULTIPLE parties saying they dont communicate, have been ignoring people and are being sued by one of the potential buyers. the conduct they are showing is nothing short of disgraceful. mel has certainly picked the best admins that reflect his legacy.

You might want to consider changing your name to ‘alarm’. I have lost some, perhaps more than some, faith in Q but whatever they do I would expect it to be fully compliant with legislation.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Only if they meet the minimum requirement to exit administration.

Look I think andy appley or steve morgan or both might get us. Or will it be Mike ashley but if appley and morgan but will double money being put in and they can share work load.

33 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Why am I not surprised at this duck up by EFL. It is well known that EFL leak like a sieve to the press in fact some have alleged it's Birch himself who does it. So if I was bidding for the Rams (I am not by the way), I would want EFL to stay out of any negotiations until they are finalised.    

Had to laugh when Birch cancelled coming up to see the administrators because somebody leaked it to the press.

As to the question of what the bidders have to hide, I’d say it’s fairly obvious. First up, they don’t want other bidders to know what kind of deal they are offering, as they don’t want to be gazumped (especially since Quantuma are trying to run a best and final offer only process).  You don’t want to bid £40m only to have Mike Ashley come in the day after with £40.1m. And secondly, they don’t want other clubs to know what kind of funds they are willing to put up for us, if they try to buy another club in the future.  They won’t want to fail to buy us, go after another league one club, only to be told “but you were willing to bid £40m for Derby…” etc.

22 minutes ago, alram said:

no. i expect them to work with the efl, not pull the whole NDA cobblers they have hid behind from the very start. 

if there is nothing to hide they wouldnt be hiding behind it. 

WHAT IS GOING ON AT OUR CLUB?

So you do expect them to break the law, then?

Whilst I have very little time for them, their hands are tied, on this issue.

Just imagine MA puts in a decent bid, only to be bettered by £1M. Straight away, he would legitimately suspect that someone at the EFL had leaked his bid to the opposition. Cue, a long winded legal action, adding months to the deal.

It's down to the bidders, whether or not the EFL can be party to the negotiations, as well as Q.

Btw, I'd like to bump off Gibson, but the police would put me on a murder charge cobblers, if I did it.?

29 minutes ago, alram said:

MULTIPLE parties saying

Yes, that's how mob rule works especially when members of the mob are too busy looking after their own interests and too scared to look introspectively at their own failings. 

Its far easier to capitalise on ill feeling and get others on board than it is the other way round. 

18 minutes ago, alram said:

no. i expect them to work with the efl, not pull the whole NDA cobblers they have hid behind from the very start. 

It's the responsibility of the administrators to serve the needs of the creditors, not Derby County and not the EFL. Given the flak Kirchner received on the socials, it's also hardly surprising that current bidders are reticent to open themselves up and potentially the businesses they represent to any such recriminations, at least until such time as they may be nominated preferred bidders. They may also wish to conceal their interest from other bidders too.

I'm no Quantuma shill but I do at least recognise that in this regard, their hands are tied. Any unlawful disclosure could see their license revoked and the firm hauled into court. With Ashley already issuing writs, I'm sure they are especially keen not to add to that list.

It’s seems clear from Trevor Birch’s letter that the EFL are trying to show its “public concern” for the situation at Derby whilst trying to put some distance between themselves and the Administrators.

its good to know that we can continue in Administration until March 2023 but in reality with the debt getting bigger each month if we don’t get another owner in place, very soon, we are going to be in serious trouble. 

We need a new owner as soon as possible I hope that once the bids are in and Q select the best deal for the creditors I hope we can move forward very quickly without any of the loosing bidders calling foul and running to the courts.

We cannot afford any delays to the completion of the new owners deal due to any outstanding legal action, we already have experience of that with our friend from Middlesbrough. 

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

As to the question of what the bidders have to hide, I’d say it’s fairly obvious. First up, they don’t want other bidders to know what kind of deal they are offering, as they don’t want to be gazumped (especially since Quantuma are trying to run a best and final offer only process).  You don’t want to bid £40m only to have Mike Ashley come in the day after with £40.1m. And secondly, they don’t want other clubs to know what kind of funds they are willing to put up for us, if they try to buy another club in the future.  They won’t want to fail to buy us, go after another league one club, only to be told “but you were willing to bid £40m for Derby…” etc.

Two things I don't get. If you only get one bid do others find out if you have bid and how much, from Q. And if all bidders bid low what do Q do then?

Edited by RoyMac5

34 minutes ago, alram said:

Of course there has to be NDA's in place, their place is to work for the creditors, not working with the EFL. The EFL are just the governing body of the association we are in,they cannot interfere with administration processes.

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

its good to know that we can continue in Administration until March 2023 but in reality with the debt getting bigger each month if we don’t get another owner in place, very soon, we are going to be in serious trouble.

Not only that, but while we technically can be allowed until March 2023, Birch is implying that the EFL will not allow us to begin the season unless they have assurances that we will be able to finish it. So realistically, we have a few weeks

NDAs and GDPR are a thing and I can understand how they can be frustrating when we feel we need to know things, especially if it is information that we (or in this case the EFL) need to progress any given issue. 

I was wondering though cant Birch get in on the whole NDA thing. Granted it means he cant ask for Gibsons judgement or leak it to Percy, but if he was being genuine, then that shouldn't be an issue. Should it?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Two things I don't get. If you only get one bid do others find out if you have bid and how much, from Q. And if all bidders bid low what do Q do then?

I don’t think we know for sure, but I’d be amazed if they weren’t basically sealed bids, so nobody other than Quantuma knows the values.  And presumably Quantuma have informed the potential bidders about some level of minimal viable bid. It’s basically to stop the whole thing getting dragged into a long bidding war, which might be preferable given unlimited time, but we have very little time left.