The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think it’s more plausible he just pulled out because it daunted on him how much of a struggle and strain it will be to run a football club profitably.

I don’t buy that he has no money and this was a publicity stunt. He obviously sank money into being in contention with legal fees and what not. And pulling out has undoubtedly and predictably harmed his reputation.

He hasn’t gained anything from being linked with us other than a spotlight now being shined on his other businesses which is probably the last thing he will have wanted.

Agreed and I also think that his naivety around English football could have meant that he may have been reliant on what he was hearing from Cooke and Stretford. Maybe in the end he suddenly realised that while his bid might have been worth a punt in the Championship, it was too much for a club in League One. Several members have suggested on here recently that he was paying over the odds given our projected loss of revenue.

24 minutes ago, Ramos said:

We are at the point where we just need to be saved. Whether that means it’s -400 points, only being allowed to play children or starting every game 5-0 down, we don’t have the luxury to pick and choose what we want. Whomever saves the club, we should be grateful to them IMO for stepping in and pulling us out of the biggest mess that I think any football club has ever been in. Certainly at this level.

Us and Rangers.  But Rangers had the benefit of being able to reform in the equivilent of League 2, due to the make up of Scottish football at the time.  We don't.

Edited by CBX1985

Just now, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Did I imagine it ,or didn,t Q say any PB had to leave a 5 million non refundable deposit ?

I think this was at a certain point to cover funding to the end of last season but as things didn’t progress how they expected I think that funding was secured by other means. It may be something similar though to help fund the start of the season. 

18 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

This thing seems to have gone on for an eternity, Genuine question, how long have we got before we go pop? End of June when wages need to be paid?

to preempt the predictable, i know, 48hrs, imminent...

Personally I think its EFL will act before then.

My immediate fear is if there is no concrete deal on the table at 5pm tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Ramos said:

We are at the point where we just need to be saved. Whether that means it’s -400 points, only being allowed to play children or starting every game 5-0 down, we don’t have the luxury to pick and choose what we want. Whomever saves the club, we should be grateful to them IMO for stepping in and pulling us out of the biggest mess that I think any football club has ever been in. Certainly at this level.

Maybe, but I have absolutely no desire to spend time/money to see us in any of those situations. Another point deduction and I’ll go to the odd game next season, without it then I’ll get a season ticket. 

We need to survive, but we also need to be prosperous to keep people engaged, especially when you’re charging £400-500 for the courtesy. 

6 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Did I imagine it ,or didn,t Q say any PB had to leave a 5 million non refundable deposit ?

That’s right but for some reason it appeared that when he was named PB, Q didn’t invoke that condition but instead agreed to CK ‘Writing the cheques’ from a date towards the end of May.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

33 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Agreed. My point was really that the anti Ashley brigade are really starting to grate on me. He is a third of any viable options we have of being saved. 

13 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Us and Rangers.  But Rangers had the benefit of being able to reform in the equivilent of League 2, due to the make up of Scottish football at the time.  We don't.

Without Rangers and Celtic the Scottish FA has jack sh**.

The Scottish FA simply could not afford to lose Rangers as their TV money would have disappeared.

If memory serves me correctly, Rangers still got the 2nd most live sky games after Celtic.

2 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Without Rangers and Celtic the Scottish FA has jack sh**.

The Scottish FA simply could not afford to lose Rangers as their TV money would have disappeared.

If memory serves me correctly, Rangers still got the 2nd most live sky games after Celtic.

Sky bought the rights to Rangers in the Third Division. I don't think they had ever had a TV deal before.  Wouldn't be surprised if they showed the lot. 

13 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That’s right but for some reason it appeared that when he was named PB, Q didn’t invoke that condition but instead agreed to CK ‘Writing the cheques’ from a date towards the end of May.

I think it's more likely that all the bidders told them to swivel. That "requirement" surprised me, because it's the kind of demand you can make when selling a highly profitable asset in a seller's market, but not a distressed football club with debts far in excess of its assets. If Quantuma ever truly believed otherwise, I'd have to question their sanity. I think it was put out there more in hope than expectation. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Maybe, but I have absolutely no desire to spend time/money to see us in any of those situations. Another point deduction and I’ll go to the odd game next season, without it then I’ll get a season ticket. 

We need to survive, but we also need to be prosperous to keep people engaged, especially when you’re charging £400-500 for the courtesy. 

Yep you nailed it - for me who’s had a season ticket for a very long time I wouldn’t be buying one if we were still in administration or if we were being dragged down by point deductions, yes I would buy the odd ticket on a game I fancied going to but it wouldn’t be when the weather forecast looks grim either. Then again I know lots of mates who have had season tickets also and between the ten of us there are nearly always a couple of us who can’t get to a game so there are spare tickets to be borrowed. 
In terms of ambition on the pitch, it’s important to me because if you are just fulfilling fixtures then it all becomes rather uninteresting 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-chris-kirchner-7196958.amp

"However, should either Ashley or Appleby end up being the new Rams owners, Kirchner faces losing the £1.6m spent on May's wages."

That was from Nixon. Who previously had tweeted that CK was topping up the money still in Qs kitty for May's wages. Who then pulled out the £1.6m figure and that is was a 'quick loan' that CK wouldn't get back. 

Then there was the original rumour flying around (from Dawes?) that 'someone close to the club' had paid them.

47 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

This thing seems to have gone on for an eternity, Genuine question, how long have we got before we go pop? End of June when wages need to be paid?

to preempt the predictable, i know, 48hrs, imminent...

We won’t go pop. Local businessmen have said they will step in and fund until a buyer is found. We will start the season, most probably in administration still. 

I'm no fan of the EFL but in my opinion they NEEDED us to be relegated as a showpiece to deter other clubs from gambling, going bust and then going into admin to wipe the slate clean.

I think I posted this (on page 25 or thereabouts) but our problem was being too good in Nov and Dec which meant further impediments and barriers to weaken the squad (Jags, Shinnie)  and prevent a takeover (Steve Stevie Stephen and Couhig's claims 'having to be resolved').

It's plausible that if we'd been 30 points adrift by Dec and effectively down, then a takeover may have magically happened - we'll never know.

Now that our relegation has been accomplished I'm not sure they want to saddle us with further points deductions - but even if we're in league 2 the season after next I'll be there, season ticket in hand and happy to watch.