The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don't think the EFL has done much wrong???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

image.png

For context I would like to direct you to the sentence I written before the one you highlighted. ? 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

His offer in early May wasn't enough to keep u sin the League leave alone to avoid 15 points deduction. Dunno what his next offer was but if he waited eight months to come up with a pathetic offer like his first one I won't be holding my breath over Ashley. 

The top and bottom of it is Ashley wasn't expecting anyone coming in and making an offer on the club,that thwarted his plans of picking the club up for peanuts,that's why he has been nibbling away at the EFL.

29 minutes ago, Hanny said:

100% agree. Apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying. And I likely wasn’t very clear. 

I assume there is a date of completion, and it may well be soon. However, my point is, that date is all that matters to CK. So all the theatrics and hand wringing from other bidders PR teams is useless in a practical sense, however, it is only one of two plays they have; the other is to outbid.

I suspect Ashley and the others know CK is in a position to complete the deal, which is why they aren’t actually bidding, and trying to force Q/EFL/etc to ‘attempt and pull’ his contract…so they then could try bidding lower. 

CK has until the date on the contract to get it completed. And since it appears to me (as been reported), he has put in motion more money to ensure he completes the deal; the only way CK is not the next owner is for someone to outbid him now. 

EFL have told us today that the drop dead date in the contract has passed.

Doesn’t mean the contract can’t still be completed though 

25 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Really hoped it would be sorted by now and did not want to go this to go into the working week. Some of us have got to fill in a timesheet and there is only so much admin time one can book to. Last week was very admin heavy and i blame Ed Dawes for that.

and no i dont work for Q, in case you are tempted...

or the EFL

or a European clearing bank

Exactly I went for "potential new clients" and "technical updates" as I figure didnt have to be my new clients and I do now know a lot about the insolvency rules. My timesheet pearshaped after the Dawes statement also !! 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

No they are serving their members interests as there might be now the very real possibility that we start the season in League 1 without finishing it and don't want to deal with the potential complaints from their members when the results of our fixtures are annuled.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what special rules apply to football clubs regarding administration and insolvency law.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Derby County are one of the EFL's biggest assets, commercially, so their panic is more about how this in turn reflects on them and their own bottom line. 

Well we don’t know their motivations. What is clear is that EFl has no confidence in Q’s ability to conduct an M&A process and that their intention is to get involved in that process with the aim of ensuring we are sold and ready to compete next season

I don’t know why fans would not support their involvement 

9 minutes ago, ScubaRam said:

For context I would like to direct you to the sentence I written before the one you highlighted. ? 

Sure , but the list of things the EFL has done wrong is very long.

The list of things the EFL has done right is shown below.

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

EFL have told us today that the drop dead date in the contract has passed.

Doesn’t mean the contract can’t still be completed though 

Ah! I read that differently before. That does say asset purchase agreement. I thought it was just a date passed that the EFL wanted for membership purposes. 

so, yeah. Assuming that is true, then the contract date for completion has passed.

And as you say, the deal could still be done, but now that gives freedoms of all parties to change what they previously agreed upon. That could indeed complicate things even further. 

Edited by Hanny

Shoutout to Ed Dawes, by the way. I know he gets a lot of stick and divides opinion, but the news he broke earlier this week has really set the wheels turning.

Whether it’s true or not, it doesn’t really matter now. What it has done is put a rocket up the arse of many people. I think Quantuma would probably have continued to just wait for CK’s money to land, which may or may not happen. But since Dawes’ reports, additional parties are being given the chance, Quantuma’s practice is finally being questioned in the media, and the EFL have stepped in to try and speed things up and more importantly, stop Quantuma ballsing it up.

We will never really know for sure, but his actions might well end up saving our Club.

1 hour ago, ScubaRam said:

I get that this is an opinion that many share on here, however in my opinion the situation we are in, is completely at the making of MM. I won't pretend that I know much about what is going on other that what I read about on here, but I cannot get my head around why MM was able to appoint the admins, and that MM is still able to hold so much weight on who takes over the club. 

Other than the inconsistences on how rules are applied / members able to sue one another, I don't think the EFL have done much wrong. I'm actually glad they are taking a lot stronger stance on Derby now and demanding to be part of the process, because quite frankly, I think Q have been a nightmare within this. I heard on Radio Derby an interview with another administrator during the early days of our admin, they said they held weekly press conferences. Q haven't communicated with the fans, allowed rumours to gather momentum, and are now threatening fans from the conversations they read about. Its crazy. 

I think the EFL or some kind or regulatory body needs to be part of any future administration process for any club going forward. Football clubs aren't like any other business. 

For what its worth I think I've lost faith in CK. I don't know the red tape side of things, but him posting all over Twitter and then going AWOL certainly hasn't helped matters. We the fans are the Tw*ts that go week in week out giving them our money and we've not been shown any respect by Q, CK or MM throughout all this. Its all mind games and its doing my head right it. Kinda like being a kid and seeing your parents arguing in the same room as you. 

Ah well. My thoughts on a Sunday evening. 

Agree 100%. Blaming the EFL is nothing less than falling for Mel Morris's propoganda. The accusations he made against the EFL were just a smokescreen put up to try and deflect the blame from himself. It amazes me that so many fans fell for it but I guess people often try and find a scapegoat when things go wrong...