The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

There is another way to look at their statement (having the interests of the club at heart yeah right) they don't want to be the organisation that sees the club removed from the league but if Quantuma liquidate us then the EFL can say they tried everything possible to save the club.

Wow, I'm not quite sure what to make of the EFLs new position on this. They do have the right to decide if DCFC are in the league, so far as I know they have zero right to influence insolvancy practice?

If I'm honest, if I thought Q were competant I'd expect them to push back on that pretty strongly.

How much confidance in the EFLs handling of commercially sensitive information do we have?

Bit of moot point IMO regarding EFL meddling. The club is nothing without EFL membership, to its creditors, to its supporters, to its owners. This is not a conventional business so it is not a conventional administration process. And I agree with the EFL fully actually FWIW in their latest statement, there are 23 other clubs in League one that deserve clarity on their competition for next year. Time has ran out for everyone so it is put up or shut up time. 

14 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I'll take the 2 laughing reactions from Derby4Me and RoyMac5 as a solid endorsement of my post. 

Its a bit like when Angie likes or applauds your post, you know you're on the right track 

Same story when these two <redacted>s try to mock you

?

Well you don't half post some c***-eyed stuff. ?

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wow, I'm not quite sure what to make of the EFLs new position on this. They do have the right to decide if DCFC are in the league, so far as I know they have zero right to influence insolvancy practice?

If I'm honest, if I thought Q were competant I'd expect them to push back on that pretty strongly.

How much confidance in the EFLs handling of commercially sensitive information do we have?

If you mean their ability not to leak information, then around Zero is a good benchmark

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Plan B: partner (Clowes?) subs Kirchner the cash?

Everybody is ignoring this post. While I'm used to being ignored, let me add a bit more to the theory....

Someone "close to the club" paid the wages "but not Rooney". We don't know who is buying the stadium from Mel but it's thought it will be Clowes.

That makes him close to the club. He could stump up a bit more cash to help Kirchner out and, more than anything, secure the future of the club.

16 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It is not a discussion it's a fact,if a bidder doesn't offer enough to raise the club out of administration it doesn't happen

With respect, you conflate two separate issues.  One factual; one not.

If both parties fail to agree, you are correct it is factual they do not leave administration.  The price to be paid is in some way set: this is the thing to be needs to be discussed, and is not.

Let's call the final day before liquidation D-Day.  On D-Day +1 you get nothing.  Six months to D-Day, you might only accept 60p in the pound as someone might come along with an amazing bid.  Six weeks pre D-Day you might accept 35p.  D-Day morning you might accept 10p.  By that evening, you will accept pennies in the pound as you will get nothing if you don't - and that moment is moments away.

If a creditor is owed £1m, they might get £100,000 from Ashley.  They get nothing in liquidation.  On the last day they accept.  Before that point they procrastinate as they might get more.  It's like that weird indoor cycling: everything always comes down to the last lap, as everyone holds out until the end for better. 

Without a knight in shining armour, the creditors get nothing or something.    But, as I say, there needs to be a point of no return to focus minds.  It is literally day one 101 of negotiation school.  

Just now, IslandExile said:

Everybody is ignoring this post. While I'm used to being ignored, let me add a bit more to the theory....

Someone "close to the club" paid the wages "but not Rooney". We don't know who is buying the stadium from Mel but it's thought it will be Clowes.

That makes him close to the club. He could stump up a bit more cash to help Kirchner out and, more than anything, secure the future of the club.

From what Nixon has said a loan seems like a no go.

I know someone else mentioned it but maybe he is selling his jet with the condition to buy back for same price when back in the US? Wouldnt be a loan, and could explain why he didnt fly back to the US? 

Could still maybe even be with Clowes buying it?

How else does someone generate money without loaning it? By selling something!

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's hard to comment one way or the other when we haven't got any idea of what is actually happening. 

There are so many theories on here I assume one of us will get lucky and guess right. Probably someone with the wildest imagination!