The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I doubt we'll ever get to hear it, but I'd LOVE to know the reason why Quantuma won't talk to MA.

That's the one question I really want these seemingly well-connected journalists to address. I'm hardly a huge MA fan but he's clearly got the money,and claims to be very interested despite being constantly rebuffed. What's the issue? Proposed bid too low? Something to do with Mel/stadium? The fact it was said he didn't want to pay the admins in full? No surprise there is so much speculation when there is so much silence on the matter.

6 minutes ago, wombatram said:

- Kirchner's main backer pulled out a week ago, hence why the delays. It won’t happen.
- Once he admits defeat, Rooney will resign.
- Rooney paid the wages last month.
- Other parties interested, but regardless, we will have -15pts next season.

Admins don’t want to talk to Ashley as they know he will screw them on their fees…  

We won’t get liquidated, but it’s going to be a few years of rebuilding. We need to be patient. Least we will still have a club. 

Didn't someone (one of the journo's following the story) categorically deny that it was Rooney who paid the wages? If so, I can't believe any of this as ITK...

9 minutes ago, wombatram said:

- Kirchner's main backer pulled out a week ago, hence why the delays. It won’t happen.
- Once he admits defeat, Rooney will resign.
- Rooney paid the wages last month.
- Other parties interested, but regardless, we will have -15pts next season.

Admins don’t want to talk to Ashley as they know he will screw them on their fees…  

We won’t get liquidated, but it’s going to be a few years of rebuilding. We need to be patient. Least we will still have a club. 

Edited, finger trouble - replied to wrong post!

Edited by 61GT

If there is another party headed by Appleby that can come in and buy the club, I really hope it happens. I've had a general mistrust of Kirchner ever since he popped up. I was hoping to be proved wrong, but ever since then I've gone on to trust him less.

He revels in the spotlight until he's asked what's happening when things aren't going his way. At which point he 'no comments' it...no comment?! You've been flapping your trap enough when fans are all over you on Twitter!

If it's the choice between CK or the death of the club, take it.

If it's the choice between CK or some more proven, sensible owners, take that. Even if it means a hold up and losing some players.

Players come and go. A bad owner can be a bitch to get rid of once in place, as we know too well. 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Interesting to see what happens to be honest. Not overly worried about liquidation at this point, but a lot can change - especially if these bidders don't turn out to be credible. 

I guess the underlying issue is what state the club is going to be in AFTER the takeover? I think it will be a long time before we can rightly act as football fans and not charitable donors to a suffering local project. 

Why?

Look at what some of the clubs who have previously been in financial trouble (not Bury, lol) - Luton, Wigan, Swindon probably others. Just remembering a few teams talked about in the POs.

Just now, Curtains said:

The club is the most important thing right now.

Thats all .

Feel completely duped 

Oh come on Curtains. Now things really are drawing to a conclusion.

If CK fails there's some people with lots of money interested, the stadium deal should be sorted one way or another and the transfer window will still be open. 

10 minutes ago, vonwright said:

That's the one question I really want these seemingly well-connected journalists to address. I'm hardly a huge MA fan but he's clearly got the money,and claims to be very interested despite being constantly rebuffed. What's the issue? Proposed bid too low? Something to do with Mel/stadium? The fact it was said he didn't want to pay the admins in full? No surprise there is so much speculation when there is so much silence on the matter.

Ed Dawes mentioned that Ashley had £28m sat in the bank . That sounds far too low, so  he needs to up his offer if he wants to start a proper dialogue. 

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I would assume legally Quantuma cannot just ignore Mike Ashley if he has made a credible bid.

Therefore you have to assume he has either not made a bid or if he has it is simply not credible. 

Their remit is essentially to get the best deal they can for the creditors so surely they have to entertain all approaches until such time as they are deemed inadequate and even then they say, "OK, that's not enough but feel free to revise your offer and give us a call".

If Ashley has been spoken to and not deemed to be offering enough then surely all that happens is that he goes to the back of the queue... but there should still be a queue, To suggest that they won't speak to him seems very odd if true so I'm really not sure that they've got their story straight here. If MA representatives called and said "same deal as before" and Q say "no thank you", then there has still been engagement. To refuse to even listen to what he has to say would be very odd behaviour and not frankly doing their job so not sure about that rumour. If he makes a bid then surely it must be considered even if rejected swiftly.

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well according to The Athletic we are talking to Ashley.

So someone isn't telling the truth.

Absolutely sick of this now. Different media outlets saying different things.

I've nothing to back this up, but it can't help but feel like RD/Sky are being fed by MA.

AN *claims* to have spoken to the admins, but also seems to have more info from EFL/CK.

It's dizzying, and what makes it worse (to me) is that we'll most likely never know the full truth.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on Curtains. Now things really are drawing to a conclusion.

If CK fails there's some people with lots of money interested, the stadium deal should be sorted one way or another and the transfer window will still be open. 

I think you are wrong .

I don’t want to say anymore but this is the worst possible scenario IMO .

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Ed Dawes mentioned that Ashley had £28m sat in the bank . That sounds far too low, so  he needs to up his offer if he wants to start a proper dialogue. 

I think thats the problem, he knows he can get us for that amount, dont think hes too bothered about 15 point deductions above saving money