The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's posters on here saying MLC can takes weeks, That's weeks and yes May 17th was weeks ago, I'm not falling for "this deal is collapsing" until Q come out and say so.

Pretty sure CK has said money on it's way...but could be wrong, Nixon saying same thing...but he could be wrong, So until an official statement that says deal is off...all is on track.

Kind of with you on that, it begs the question why go this far, so many people involved, unless genuine intent is there.

There’s been a lot of mischief making, including feeding of snippets but never a full story by many vested interests all through this saga; half of it b.s by people seeking attention including many sports news outlets and then back tracking or shifting of narrative when it’s proved untrue, unreliable or not the full picture. You only have to look at todays will collapse to could collapse line as a recent example.

My worry is for fans like B4, do wish people would consider the effect it has on others. If it fails due to some financial irregularities, then Q and the EFL haven’t done enough homework, but until it's that obvious the hysteria is unhelpful to many fans.

Edited by Zag zig

35 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Completely disagree. Do you know how the BBC operates? It isnt mostly funded from the licence fee - it is entirely funded by the lucence fee. It isn't a commercial station. These local radio stations will be funded by the BBC regardless of anything Ed Dawes says. They aren't competing with each other for funding...

He may have reported it to stroke his own ego, but again that has nothing to do with the funding of the station.

I am not an expert on how funds are dispersed in this case. That is true.

But it doesn’t make sense. Are you saying the BBC will fund any old content driven entity (radio Derby in this case) regardless of the value it brings or the viewership it builds?  

Perhaps that is the case. It would just be a very odd and poorly run agreement if so. 

However, my point still stands. Ed Dawes is a public figure. The more people that listen to him, the more people that follow him, the better it is for Ed Dawes.  So, yeah, it is in his interest to be provocative. I didn’t say he has to be a shock jock or flat out lie.

But taking a standard event(large international money transfer provenance check) and applying an unsubstantiated comment to it…is provocative. Look at all the people quoting Ed Dawes. And as such has served its purpose. Not to inform, but to get people talking about it, and the person who made the comment: Ed Dawes; Radio Derby. 

Edited by Hanny
Clarity

Is it time for crowd funding to avoid liquidation? MA is far from our saviour, he’s had his chance to out together a deal and he hasn't pulled his finger out.

Appleby with an element of crowd funding to get a deal over the line?

2 minutes ago, Rammie1884 said:

Hi guys, avid reader and first time poster…….live in Deal on south coast, avid fan, get to games as much as possible, big ram on lounge wall, Tattoos and at a loss……I may of missed it but didn’t CK have to put a hefty non refundable deposit down when made PB? 

That was if the preferred bidder was declared at Christmas. By the time he became preferred bidder in April there was apparently enough money to see out the season so no deposit required - I think

3 minutes ago, Rammie1884 said:

Hi guys, avid reader and first time poster…….live in Deal on south coast, avid fan, get to games as much as possible, big ram on lounge wall, Tattoos and at a loss……I may of missed it but didn’t CK have to put a hefty non refundable deposit down when made PB? 

Yeah I thought it was 5mill ? 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think the disrespect being given to CK is diabolical.

If he does pull out of buying Derby it will be all this that causes it .

Bloke on RD now slagging him off 

He didn't give us fans much respect in either his interview or his silence. 

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Kind of with you on that, it begs the question why go this far, so many people involved, unless genuine intent is there.

There’s been a lot of mischief making, including feeding of snippets but never a full story by many vested interests all through this saga; half of it b.s by people seeking attention including many sports news outlets and then back tracking or shifting of narrative when it’s proved untrue, unreliable or not the full picture. You only have to look at todays will collapse to could collapse line as a recent example.

My worry is for fans like B4, do wish people would consider the effect it has on others. If it fails due to some financial irregularities, then Q and the EFL haven’t done enough homework, but until it's that obvious the hysteria is unhelpful to many fans.

It is not helping me I feel very very very stressed out right now.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think the disrespect being given to CK is diabolical.

If he does pull out of buying Derby it will be all this that causes it .

Bloke on RD now slagging him off 

If he pulls out of buying Derby it'll be because he doesn't have the funds to do so and will be sweet FA to do with being dissed on social media or sone random guy slagging him off on local radio. 

Behave yourself now. 

5 minutes ago, Rammie1884 said:

This was the format, But I believe Q took out a further loan and we cashed in on the player that we sold to Liverpool ie £500k for the sell on clause.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't give a flying fish how the infrastructure is run, just where the Club is. You have no idea if things would be the same here. He got Newcastle promoted twice and sold them for a good price.

Oh and he's got the money, not just for buying us but if more is needed. You confident in the other parties finances? 

You couldn't give a flying fish about how it's run because we're talking about Newcastle. You'd soon change your tuna if PPS was left in a state of disrepair and all the top of the range training facilities we're used to having were reduced to bare bones equipment, with players choosing to sign elsewhere because the facilities aren't up to scratch.

It's very dangerous comparing Derby to Newcastle, and making an assumption that he sees us on the same level as them. You keep forgetting that to get promoted twice you have to get relegated twice. Newcastle are 'naturally' (as in over the past 25-30 years) a mid to lower table Premier League club, that is their plaice in things in the modern game. In recent history Derby County are a mid to upper Championship club. Ashley may not need us to be in the Premier League  to turn a profit in a  few years if he makes enough cuts elsewhere. Mid table Championship could be the best we can hope for.

Again, we're not discussing other parties and their finances, they have no relevance to the matter at hand.

6 minutes ago, Rammie1884 said:

No, he hasnt put a penny down. That was earlier in the process to see us through the season. As time went on, Q managed that by various player sales and the odd sell out.