The Administration Thread

Boycie

57 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

That, I wouldn't know to be honest. I was responding to the suggestion that money-laundering checks should've been done way in advance.

I would imagine that like most things you can pay a sum to get these transfers and checks expatiated.  If I had in excess of 20 million hanging about I would.  We don't even know what's happening with ground??  This whole thing has been on it's ass for the last 10 days.  

The money is in the UK system and is being checked for provenance. Ok. 

Why are people panicking? 

It is another hurdle in the mass of hurdles needed clearing in this entire process.  

Also- Ashley is not some savior that anyone is keeping from saving Derby. He had every opportunity over the last few months to table a bid and position himself as the lead option…and he never did. 

Unless CK’s money turns out to be laundered or have sus provenance…it will clear and be deposited in the creditors accounts/team accounts/etc. And just like any deal- when the check clears, the deal is completed. 

5 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

His tweet timed at 7.42am!!!First time I’ve heard of a Conservative MP believing something on the BBC ?

He probably told Dawes given his previous links to Ashley

2 minutes ago, Hanny said:

It is another hurdle in the mass of hurdles needed clearing in this entire process.  

Also- Ashley is not some savior that anyone is keeping from saving Derby. He had every opportunity over the last few months to table a bid and position himself as the lead option…and he never did. 

Unless CK’s money turns out to be laundered or have sus provenance…it will clear and be deposited in the creditors accounts/team accounts/etc. And just like any deal- when the check clears, the deal is completed. 

644f15f4cc4eb820d37a59571d1581d2.png

5 minutes ago, Hanny said:

People are panicking because radio derby ran with "takeover on the verge of collapse" this morning and nothing since then has made it seem like it isn't.

Surprising given how attention hungry he appears to be, that he didn't mention the golf thing before... as in his life I imagine its a big deal.

He also passed it off on Talksport without milking it...not quite sure what to make of it.

Hopefully he's keeping a lower profile to avoid the obvious questions until it all goes through.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would imagine that like most things you can pay a sum to get these transfers and checks expatiated.  

Plenty on here happy to expatiate mate! ? Did you mean expedited?

There are of course ways and means; no expert but CHAPS, BACS and Swift all seem to have varying clearance times and costs but the money laundering checks are undertaken by banks (and audited by regulatory bodies I think) and trying to get a bank to expedite transfer when they have the funds sat gathering interest can be a game in itself.

With international escrow services sitting outside of that arena too, that's another batch of checks and balances and another entity with no vested interest in rapidly moving money sat in their account to that of the beneficiary. In all honesty, I'm not convinced at all that the delay relates to banking transfer schedules and I'm not aware that any party has indicated specifically that this is the issue either. I think that because CK and some journos have mentioned the bank holidays, many have simply assumed that that's what's causing the delay.