The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

They’re more interested in Liverpool turning down a bid that a founding member club going bump. Staggers beyond belief 

Well one generates clicks and one doesn't. We arnt a global brand like these other clubs. We get treated like we don't matter because our name doesnt generate money for the media. It why it's generally Wayne's name that gets mentioned first by the media.

No it isnt fair but media is a business

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I appreciate Ed Dawes' efforts today. Seems like most journalists had just accepted that it would be done soon despite it dragging on and CK's and Quantuma's expected completion dates being missed. He might very well be wrong with the information he got this morning (hopefully), but it's got national media attention again and has seemed to give everyone a little nudge to reach a conclusion. 

Agree - I don't think he's a bad bloke and has probably reported in good faith what he's been told.

Generally I'm very much in favour of bringing things to a head - which this may do - but, if bringing it to a head means binning the sale to CK because of genuine red tape in a banking system, then I'd rather sit tight for 'a bit' to see if the money comes through. Not sure what I mean by 'a bit' though!

Re golf......... 5 hours for pros. If CK knows there's TV cameras in the car park he may well be deliberately knocking a few into lakes and deep rough to drag it out a bit more.

11 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

To my way of thinking, if Ed Dawes is confident enough in the information he was told, he should name the person providing the information.

If he did that he would never be told anything ever again. Journalists rely on sources to get them scoops. Anyone who names their source would be committing career suicide. 

5 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Agree - I don't think he's a bad bloke and has probably reported in good faith what he's been told.

Generally I'm very much in favour of bringing things to a head - which this may do - but, if bringing it to a head means binning the sale to CK because of genuine red tape in a banking system, then I'd rather sit tight for 'a bit' to see if the money comes through. Not sure what I mean by 'a bit' though!

Re golf......... 5 hours for pros. If CK knows there's TV cameras in the car park he may well be deliberately knocking a few into lakes and deep rough to drag it out a bit more.

I'm struggling to think of reasons why we can't be told news that isn't negative by Q or EFL reply though.

32 minutes ago, sage said:

The administrators would have to set a budget based on expected income and any player sales would be used to pay off debts or interest on debts. 

Our budget would still be bigger than half of the division. 

That would all depend on the criteria the EFL enforce.

2 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

Well it's a potentially huge opportunity for his company and to be in bed with the Saudis will probably make him more money than Derby will, so I can understand why he is playing golf. I'm not saying it's right but I can definitely see why he is doing it 

He has sponsored  big tournaments and that is part of the thank you for the money - you can play a round with two Ryder cup stars 

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The guy spending 20m won't lose anything. He's buying something. By choice. 

Lazy answer by that guy. Probably sounded really cool and flippant in his head. 

No it would be pretty unnerving. The money is being held and it’s in control of the authority’s until you can prove its legitimate. It can be held for months/years.