The Administration Thread

Boycie

I know CK has been a little haphazard and inconsistent in his tweets and various communications in this whole process. His "funds" are slightly mysterious, but he clearly has plenty. He's a (questionably how much, we don't know ) wealthy man who's entering into the takeover as a vanity project.

I think Mike Ashley seriously underestimated him as a tyre-kicker and thought he wouldn't be able to get the deal over the line, and he could do what he's done a hundred times, and saunter in at the eleventh hour with the only offer in town.

MA got it wrong. Despite CK's amateurish PR, he clearly has the readies to get this far, hence the reported attempt by Ashley to share the deal late on.

I'm not enthused by either of them, but that's where Mel has left us. The last 2 players at the poker table are the flash boy and the bluffer. Maybe they're both bluffing.

It's looking like CK will - eventually - get it over the line, and if he does we'll all be grateful.

I only hope that we can just get back to supporting our great club again whilst living within our means. 

Sadly, nothing is certain given how far we've fallen.

Hopeful, but still rather wary.

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

Don't worry, everything is sorted, and we're waiting for CK to fly over here

for the day of press conferences, Rams tv news and interviews , open day at PP

new player and resigned players thoughts etc..

with a big interview with CK & WR about the future, and where we are heading, 

namely onward and upwards - It's just a case of which day is it.

2/3 days of celebrations take quite a time to plan!

10 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Don't worry, everything is sorted, and we're waiting for CK to fly over here

for the day of press conferences, Rams tv news and interviews , open day at PP

new player and resigned players thoughts etc..

with a big interview with CK & WR about the future, and where we are heading, 

namely onward and upwards - It's just a case of which day is it.

2/3 days of celebrations take quite a time to plan!

If it doesn't happen in the next couple of days I don't think it will happen at all.

6 hours ago, Ramos said:

I actually think the fact CK hasn’t said one thing today means for me it will be announced tomorrow. Usually they are getting their excuses lined up but maybe it’s finally pretty much there so they feel the need to just leave it and let the next piece of comms be the announcement. 

I stand by this as the reason CK didn’t say a word yesterday. 

Someone earlier guessed Wednesday. Given that three days were missed to bank holidays, that's a good shout. I also agree with @Ramos re CK's silence.

My guess is that it will all be announced by the corner flag. I doubt that CK will come over in person. I imagine that he's already recorded a zoom interview with Owen for RamsTV.

Later in the day, Rooney will hold a press conference in which he will mostly say "That's a question for Chris really".

Then let's party ??

39 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Someone earlier guessed Wednesday. Given that three days were missed to bank holidays, that's a good shout. I also agree with @Ramos re CK's silence.

My guess is that it will all be announced by the corner flag. I doubt that CK will come over in person. I imagine that he's already recorded a zoom interview with Owen for RamsTV.

Later in the day, Rooney will hold a press conference in which he will mostly say "That's a question for Chris really".

Then let's party ??

We didn’t miss three days due to Bank Holidays. These are business people who can work through holidays. And the British end will certainly be able to work through US holidays and vice versa. Oh plus the deadline was May 31 so even if they forgot the US holiday that would only excuse one day delay. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We didn’t miss three days due to Bank Holidays. These are business people who can work through holidays. And the British end will certainly be able to work through US holidays and vice versa. Oh plus the deadline was May 31 so even if they forgot the US holiday that would only excuse one day delay. 

They can work through bank holidays all they like, that doesn't speed up the flow of monies through the various banking systems.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Then let's party ??

Anyone who really believes the bank holidays were the reason for the day is most probably called Ron Moor.

7 hours ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

I know CK has been a little haphazard and inconsistent in his tweets and various communications in this whole process. His "funds" are slightly mysterious, but he clearly has plenty. He's a (questionably how much, we don't know ) wealthy man who's entering into the takeover as a vanity project.

I think Mike Ashley seriously underestimated him as a tyre-kicker and thought he wouldn't be able to get the deal over the line, and he could do what he's done a hundred times, and saunter in at the eleventh hour with the only offer in town.

MA got it wrong. Despite CK's amateurish PR, he clearly has the readies to get this far, hence the reported attempt by Ashley to share the deal late on.

I'm not enthused by either of them, but that's where Mel has left us. The last 2 players at the poker table are the flash boy and the bluffer. Maybe they're both bluffing.

It's looking like CK will - eventually - get it over the line, and if he does we'll all be grateful.

I only hope that we can just get back to supporting our great club again whilst living within our means. 

Sadly, nothing is certain given how far we've fallen.

Hopeful, but still rather wary.

Why is everyone dismissing Appleby, his bid Im sure is still on the table.

An update of some sort if this is not completed today would be the right thing yo do from Kirchner....

I think as each day passes tgis situation, looks more and more like, there was more left to do than fire the money around.  

I suspect Mel and the stadium are behind the hold up though.....