The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

True but I dont think Chelsea have £4.5 billion of players either. Their games being wtached wil reflect in their revenues. 

Plus I would see more upside with derby.. Chelsea has no obvious upside that I can see., now the super league has been squashed.

I didnt say they were worth 4.5 billion, but ypu were questioning their valuation based purely on revenue, which is not the only thing that will be taken into account.

And you misunderstand when i talk about advertisements - its not the value they bring into Chelsea as revenue thats important. It is the number of eyes that will be seeing said adverts that is important. The new owners can use said advertising space to advertise their other businesses globally. Any adverts at Derby are at best going to be seen by the county of Derbyshire and a few due hard fans in places like Norway.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's as positive as it can be.

Could be factually the same information but very different tone if he'd said "Discussion is still ongoing and we're working very hard" or "we're not deterred by the challenges that still remain" so, yeah, as positive as it can be for a no news update.

Implied an understanding has been reached but details need sorting for it to be an agreement.

I agree - the wording of these things has been telling and like you rightly say, nothing about ongoing discussions, still working hard to agree etc.  On the final steps is good IMO - just dotting the i's and crossing the t's.  And publicly thanking Q, Mel, MSD etc is good too, and shows everyone's likely (at last) playing ball.  

Many will be shouting for details (and yes, that'd be great) but for me, we're still alive.  

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, I got the feeling that they weren't the only ones. Barnsley's CEO was very vocal, for one, as was Lansdown at Bristol and Preston (ironically). The reported bleating from some of them about Quantuma not accepting derisory bids for some of our players in January didn't go down well here either. We certainly won't forget it.

Whoa whoa hold them horses there, You forgot about the red dog that was/is on some shitty committee at the EFL who bleated like a stuck sheep while alone with a shepherd on a windy moor concerning Buchannan not signing for them in January 

1 hour ago, The Baron said:

(b) there were already significant sums owed to HMRC prior to Covid. 

Would be interested to know where you got this information from. 

No accounts were filed after June 2018 and Covid struck in March 2020?

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Cue Ram1966 or RipleyRich to come on with a "Yeah but this could still go wrong if............"

I was going to post under CKs last tweet that I have bought a house...8 actually and the last last one this April after 17 weeks fell through, But I thought I'd better not post it as it would look negative.

Doh! 

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"We've done this". Another telling choice of words. Wouldn't be saying that if we still had blocks in the way.

Well it sounds hopeful. When it’s signed and sealed after 2 years of torture and stress I propose this Forum has a synchronised raising of glasses, with any liquid of choice. ( Strychnine not allowed if it goes t**s up )

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"More next week". But some posters said we must complete the stadium purchase by Friday. Don't tell me they were making stuff up... ?

Perhaps it will complete then the club sale will complete for next week's big party when all announced together. It will be on Tuesday as I may be somewhere with no internet!!!

30 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I didnt say they were worth 4.5 billion, but ypu were questioning their valuation based purely on revenue, which is not the only thing that will be taken into account.

And you misunderstand when i talk about advertisements - its not the value they bring into Chelsea as revenue thats important. It is the number of eyes that will be seeing said adverts that is important. The new owners can use said advertising space to advertise their other businesses globally. Any adverts at Derby are at best going to be seen by the county of Derbyshire and a few due hard fans in places like Norway.

Clips of Derbys goal against Barnsley were tweeted milions of times around the world . Not saying that Derby are in the same League as Chelsea atm , but £45 million seems a snip compared to £4.5 billion even taking account of all these factors.